March Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on, we don’t have to go there! That’s unfair!
Not fair and something that can’t be taken back now. An apology would be necessary but it’s still out there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She said on her Instagram story No UCONN. Sorry.
Mrs Maisel GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The “no transfer talk” rule applies in this thread as well as the rest of the board

Reaction Score
Impressive! Thanks for posting, SH.

Aside from her competitive fire, sheer athleticism, & strong two-way play, I love Ashlynn Shade's seasoned midrange & post-up game. Given analytics influence on the game of basketball, midrange scoring seems like a lost art. Having a guard be able to operate from the mid or low-post back-to-basket is a huge weapon uncommon to the college game. And her jump shot elevation is spectacular!

I am also relishing the apparent stylistic yin-yang of our 2023 incoming backcourt. Ashlynn's intensity should be balanced nicely by KK Arnold's seemingly relaxed nature & controlled ease of play. KK Arnold never seems to get sped up nor rattled while letting the game come to her. They both seem to possess advanced BBIQ as well.
"midrange scoring seems like a lost art..." Seemed like UConn made some kind of adjustment as the game progressed to getting into the paint for stop and pop shots... AND they rarely missed those shots!

Reaction Score
"midrange scoring seems like a lost art..." Seemed like UConn made some kind of adjustment as the game progressed to getting into the paint for stop and pop shots... AND they rarely missed those shots!
I went back to the gamecast info and verified that UConn did shift away from the 3 after the third quarter...

Reaction Score
Olivia Olsen said in an interview that she's not making a decision until her junior year.
It's possible that attending a Catholic high school could influence her decision to go to a Catholic University.
We'll just need to wait for her announcement.
Notre Dame fans thought that with Clark too but it didn't turn out that way.....

Reaction Score
I went back to the gamecast info and verified that UConn did shift away from the 3 after the third quarter...
Also, when they moved away from the 3 in the 4th Qtr, UConn shooting percentage for the next 20 minutes went up to 65%. First 3 Qtrs it was 38%. And... 3 point shooting percentage went up too.

Reaction Score
Also, when they moved away from the 3 in the 4th Qtr, UConn shooting percentage for the next 20 minutes went up to 65%. First 3 Qtrs it was 38%. And... 3 point shooting percentage went up too.
Recruits! Recruits! Commitments! This is a recruitment thread! Only post if C commits to UConn!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
didn't you think so? I'm not an ND fan but I sure did.......
I don't want to deviate from the main thread, but do want to answer the question. I figured it was down to Iowa vs ND, but was never certain because:
  • Niele had joined Memphis during crunch time of the recruiting period. Not sure the handover to Beth Cunningham was smooth.
  • Iowa's Jan Jensen was the key person for the Hawkeyes and she was at Dowling Catholic about once a week, one of the advantages of being so close.
  • Heard rumors that Clark was going back and forth with ND for months. Stayed that way throughout.

I was sure hoping, but was not shocked when the announcement came out. More chagrined than anything else :(

Reaction Score
I don't want to deviate from the main thread, but do want to answer the question. I figured it was down to Iowa vs ND, but was never certain because:
  • Niele had joined Memphis during crunch time of the recruiting period. Not sure the handover to Beth Cunningham was smooth.
  • Iowa's Jan Jensen was the key person for the Hawkeyes and she was at Dowling Catholic about once a week, one of the advantages of being so close.
  • Heard rumors that Clark was going back and forth with ND for months. Stayed that way throughout.

I was sure hoping, but was not shocked when the announcement came out. More chagrined than anything else :(
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH UCONN RECRUITS! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Reaction Score
Janiah has the tools to maybe be the best of her class. Didn't Georgia just hire the coach from UCF? I wouldn't want to play for her under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom