March Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

March Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brandon Clay on Chloe Kitts' performance noted in the post above:

Kitts will lead her school team into a marquee matchup against Montverde Academy this weekend. Before that, she came to Atlanta to get skill work and play in the AEBL 24 Game. She finished with 36 points in a stellar showing. Kitts is firmly in the conversation as America’s premier hybrid forward and should excel for the All Stars this club season.

Reaction Score
The IHSAA Network color commentator compared Ashlynn Shade to Kelly Faris during the Indiana 4A State Final broadcast. High praise, indeed.

Ashlynn tied the state record for Championship Game points, & her postgame interview was selfless, humble, & team-oriented. Tremendous kid!
I watched the Indiana state championship game, so I got a good look at Shade. I think she has far better offensive tools than Kelly Ferris ever had. But Kelly was a star long ago, and I may have forgotten. But Shade does it all.

Reaction Score
@TeamFirst! ”You guys are all so certain about things until you are proven wrong.”
That’s true for most people. Are you as sure about Betts as you were about CW and the Wooden award? Maybe you should take your own advice. Just sayin.
I've been right AT LEAST more often than you doggie. CW is projected by ESPN as the 11th pick and she was nominated for a national award the other day. If anything, I was proven right. I'm not infallible. Some of you guys just want to pick things to death. My point was that she deserved consideration in the top 25 players at least as much as some of the others noted. I was supporting her. Trying to encourage and appreciate her. Try it once in a while. Regarding Betts, she was the top rated player in her class and we will see how well she does in college. I may well have been too optimistic but I think she's a major talent.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why freaking out about this? I enjoy getting this information. How about ignoring it instead?
This is a thread about UConn recruiting. There is an expectation that posts in this thread will be about UConn recruiting. That's the point. Posts about players UConn is not recruiting belong in the non-UConn recruiting thread. Those not interested can ignore that thread and those who want to read only about UConn recruiting updates can have their expectations met in this thread.

Reaction Score
Brandon Clay on Chloe Kitts' performance noted in the post above:

Kitts will lead her school team into a marquee matchup against Montverde Academy this weekend. Before that, she came to Atlanta to get skill work and play in the AEBL 24 Game. She finished with 36 points in a stellar showing. Kitts is firmly in the conversation as America’s premier hybrid forward and should excel for the All Stars this club season.

As a 2023 she'll be signing this November. Have you heard if she's leaning anywhere?

Reaction Score
Friday, April 1
Girls — Montverde Academy (Fla.) vs. DME Academy (Fla.), 10:30 a.m., ESPNU

Chloe Kitts plays for DME

Hope this article is right. My TV guide is showing it as a boys game. I'll record it just in case.

Reaction Score
I've been right AT LEAST more often than you doggie. CW is projected by ESPN as the 11th pick and she was nominated for a national award the other day. If anything, I was proven right. I'm not infallible. Some of you guys just want to pick things to death. My point was that she deserved consideration in the top 25 players at least as much as some of the others noted. I was supporting her. Trying to encourage and appreciate her. Try it once in a while. Regarding Betts, she was the top rated player in her class and we will see how well she does in college. I may well have been too optimistic but I think she's a major talent.
What is it that you can't grasp about Threads? Take your Betts infatuation and the other stuff to the General Womens board. This is UConn recruiting.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As a 2023 she'll be signing this November. Have you heard if she's leaning anywhere?

Kitts's recruitment has been top secret. I know Louisville is after her pretty hard, but then they recruit everyone. I've heard nothing about her interest in schools.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
First half of team LadyStrong24's AAU game from Tuesday (3/29) The entire starting unit visited Storrs last fall led by Sarah Strong.

Strong had 13 points (4-6 FG, 3-4 3-PT), 7 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 assists in the half. She made a terrific fullcourt pass at 16:30.

Team is in White and Strong is #21.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Max Preps players of the year for each state. For the life of me I can't figure out how Olson isn't Minnesota's winner.

Indiana
Ashlynn Shade, Noblesville
5-11 | Wing | Class of 2023

Shade, who has committed to UConn, led the Millers to the 4A title, averaging 20.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game along the way. She's the No. 5 prospect in the Class of 2023 by ESPN HoopGurlz.

Wisconsin
Kamorea Arnold, Germantown
5-6 | Guard | Class of 2023

She averaged 23.8 points, 7.8 rebounds, 7.4 assists and 4.5 steals a game — along with a 2.7 assist/turnover ratio. She has verbally committed to UConn and is the No. 8 prospect in the junior class according to ESPN HoopGurlz.

Pennsylvania
Ciera Toomey, Dunmore
6-3 | Forward | Class of 2023

Regarded as the No. 3 prospect in the junior class by ESPN HoopGurlz, Toomey led the Bucks to a 25-2 record by scoring 18.5 points a game and shooting 67.2 percent from the field. She also had a 3.8-to-1 assist/turnover ratio and blocked 1.9 shots a game.

Tennessee
Jaloni Cambridge, Ensworth (Nashville)
5-6 | Guard | Class of 2024

One of the nation's top sophomores, Cambridge produced 17.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists a game for the Division II Class AA champions. She also had a 1.5 assist/turnover ratio and made 34.4 percent of her 3-pointers.

Louisiana
Mikaylah Williams, Parkway (Bossier City)
6-0 | Guard | Class of 2023

Considered by many to be the top prospect in the Class of 2023, Williams averaged 22.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game while shooting 39.4 percent from 3-point distance and 81.1 percent from the line.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong had another fabulous rebound/full court outset pass @ 9:03 mark, while just missing 2 more @ 12:43 & 16:00.

She seemingly can do it all & plays effortlessly with controlled pace & high BBIQ. Can work on left-hand dribble & fitness/conditioning but that will come over time.

MN Max Preps All-State winner Amaya Battle was Paige’s HS teammate @ Hopkins. Agreed that Olsen more deserving, though.

Reaction Score
Max Preps players of the year for each state. For the life of me I can't figure out how Olson isn't Minnesota's winner.

Indiana
Ashlynn Shade, Noblesville
5-11 | Wing | Class of 2023

Shade, who has committed to UConn, led the Millers to the 4A title, averaging 20.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game along the way. She's the No. 5 prospect in the Class of 2023 by ESPN HoopGurlz.

Wisconsin
Kamorea Arnold, Germantown
5-6 | Guard | Class of 2023

She averaged 23.8 points, 7.8 rebounds, 7.4 assists and 4.5 steals a game — along with a 2.7 assist/turnover ratio. She has verbally committed to UConn and is the No. 8 prospect in the junior class according to ESPN HoopGurlz.

Pennsylvania
Ciera Toomey, Dunmore
6-3 | Forward | Class of 2023

Regarded as the No. 3 prospect in the junior class by ESPN HoopGurlz, Toomey led the Bucks to a 25-2 record by scoring 18.5 points a game and shooting 67.2 percent from the field. She also had a 3.8-to-1 assist/turnover ratio and blocked 1.9 shots a game.

Tennessee
Jaloni Cambridge, Ensworth (Nashville)
5-6 | Guard | Class of 2024

One of the nation's top sophomores, Cambridge produced 17.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists a game for the Division II Class AA champions. She also had a 1.5 assist/turnover ratio and made 34.4 percent of her 3-pointers.

Louisiana
Mikaylah Williams, Parkway (Bossier City)
6-0 | Guard | Class of 2023

Considered by many to be the top prospect in the Class of 2023, Williams averaged 22.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game while shooting 39.4 percent from 3-point distance and 81.1 percent from the line.

Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32