March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

Reaction Score
Is McGuff still at Ohio St in 5 years?

He squandered a lot of talent here, and with disastrous recruiting going forward, it's gonna be some lean years ahead in Columbus.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mitchell just passed Stiles for #2. Plum's record is going to be safe for a while. Maybe Chennedy Carter will take a run at it.
It was hard to see Mitchell, who rarely displays emotion on the court, break down in tears as she came off the court for the final time. The OSU seniors were pretty much all in tears on the bench.

But man, Central Michigan just earned this win. They shot 14 of 27 (!) from 3, and 25 of 27 (!!!) from the free throw line.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Tough loss for Kelsey Mitchell. For a shooter to end her career cold is not the best way to go.

For Duke, pretty even distribution of scoring, apparently; I wonder how UConn assigns the matchups. Didn't get to see too much of Lexie Brown since it was the end of the game. The Duke bench didn't look very good.

Reaction Score
sueguevara.jpg

Reaction Score
Tough loss for Kelsey Mitchell. For a shooter to end her career cold is not the best way to go.

For Duke, pretty even distribution of scoring, apparently; I wonder how UConn assigns the matchups. Didn't get to see too much of Lexie Brown since it was the end of the game. The Duke bench didn't look very good.
She scored 20 something points though, not exactly cold.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It was hard to see Mitchell, who rarely displays emotion on the court, break down in tears as she came off the court for the final time. The OSU seniors were pretty much all in tears on the bench.

I don't like that part of the game. Even if it's a team or a coach I don't like, it's tough seeing those young women hurting like that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She scored 20 something points though, not exactly cold.
She scored 28, but I think 13 of those were in the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much out of reach. She also took 29 overall shots.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
So...looking at the three games between Central Michigan and Buffalo this season:

Each team won at home.

Central Michigan over Buffalo on January 31, 86-79.

Buffalo over Central Michigan on February 14, 85-82.

Central Michigan over Buffalo in the MAC Tournament, 96-91.

Both teams score...both teams hit lots of 3s.

Both could possibly pull a surprise in the Sweet 16. They both appear to be peaking at the right time.

I don't get to see MAC games here in SC...and never think about logging onto the ESPN app to watch them...but maybe I should.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think I have to root for a Mississippi St. blowout so I can see some of Stanford or UCLA. Really wish they were more sensible with their regional preferences for which games to follow. Unfortunately as someone pointed out they tend to stick w/ the highest seeded team, regardless of score.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford frontcourt flexing their muscles early. 3-3 from the floor, 7-0 lead less than 2 minutes into the game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think I have to root for a Mississippi St. blowout so I can see some of Stanford or UCLA. Really wish they were more sensible with their regional preferences for which games to follow. Unfortunately as someone pointed out they tend to stick w/ the highest seeded team, regardless of score.
Why not just watch the ESPN app or ESPN3. That way you can choose your game.

Reaction Score
Is McGuff still at Ohio St in 5 years?

He squandered a lot of talent here, and with disastrous recruiting going forward, it's gonna be some lean years ahead in Columbus.

Ohio St graduates 5, returns 6, led by Calhoun & Waterman. The other 4 barely played.
Their incoming frosh are RI's Janai Crooms, a barely top-100 player, and a kid from Hungary.

Next year they will have 3 SR - 2 JR - 1 SO - 3 FR

Plebe

Reaction Score
So...looking at the three games between Central Michigan and Buffalo this season:

Each team won at home.

Central Michigan over Buffalo on January 31, 86-79.

Buffalo over Central Michigan on February 14, 85-82.

Central Michigan over Buffalo in the MAC Tournament, 96-91.

Both teams score...both teams hit lots of 3s.

Both could possibly pull a surprise in the Sweet 16. They both appear to be peaking at the right time.

I don't get to see MAC games here in SC...and never think about logging onto the ESPN app to watch them...but maybe I should.
Try to look up the MAC championship game. Very high quality basketball. I have seen a lot a mid-majors play in my life, and that did not look like mid-major basketball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

never figured any of that out; must have an account since we have ESPN but I don't know how to log into it

Plebe

Reaction Score
never figured any of that out; must have an account since we have ESPN but I don't know how to log into it
Shouldn't be hard. It might ask you to identify your cable/satellite provider and your password.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FGCU hitting 3's now, all tied up at 9. Alanna Smith has 6 for Stanford.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I'm on the app but I'm still getting dizzy trying to figure out which game to follow: Texas - AZ, Stanford -FGS or Creighton - UCLA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom