March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
My goodness...Duke just blowing Georgia right off the map on the Bulldogs' home floor. 39-14 now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Central Michigan over LSU 1st round (I realize LSU was missing a key player)
FGCU over Missouri 1st round
Oregon St. over Tennessee 2nd round
Duke clobbering Georgia 2nd round

Texas A&M w/ an impressive comeback vs. DePaul. South Carolina did what they were supposed to, in not very inspiring manner. Mississippi St. still to play 2nd round, shouldn't have too much trouble but you never know.

There's no possible way to spin this, SEC underachieved collectively.

Reaction Score
But nobody’s made any claims that the AAC is a great conference, unlike some posters here who keep touting the SEC. The SEC was pretty obviously overrated. The tournament results speak for themselves.

Did someone here claim the sec was great?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Look at the CMU-tOSU score--41-25. Wow! I'm bashing the SEC, but the Big 10 isn't doing much either.

edit--47-25!

Reaction Score
Beat NC A&T by 11 and Virginia by 10. Pending Texas' game tonight, by FAR the least impressive performance of the #2 seeds in the 1st/2nd rounds. Were you excited by how they played?

Nope not at all but 28 wins is meh? The name of the game is survive and advance so winning is always a plus.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Unbelievable...Central Michigan has almost doubled-up Ohio State.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
USF the team who was going to make big noise in this tournament?

UGA is a defensive team that doesn’t really have the scorers to deal with a like minded opponent.

It’s easy to believe no one is any gold but in fact these teams did have a season of work to get where they are.

Wait, so Georgia can only beat teams that can’t score! Got it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Look at the CMU-tOSU score--41-25. Wow! I'm bashing the SEC, but the Big 10 isn't doing much either.
Not much was expected of the Big Ten. Only one B1G team was a top 16 seed, meaning only one was expected to survive the 2nd round.

And here's a novel idea: let's give some credit to the team that's winning. That was my focus when USF went down to Buffalo, and when LSU lost to Central Michigan. That's still my focus today.

Reaction Score

edit--47-25!

I'm watching Buffalo-FSU, but what is happening with Mitchell??

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WOW. I've been extolling the virtues of the top 2 teams from the MAC, but even I didn't expect to see Buffalo up by 15 over Florida State, or Central Michigan up by 22 over Ohio State. WOW.

This is no longer the MAC's coming-out party. It's the MAC raiding and plundering the higher-seeded home courts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nope not at all but 28 wins is meh? The name of the game is survive and advance so winning is always a plus.

Okay, I should give more credit. 28 wins is a very good season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Nothing, that's the problem. 9 points and poor shooting last I checked the box score.

edited--up to 15 points, 6-18 from the floor

now 6-22 and 3-11 behind the arc

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Central Michigan over LSU 1st round (I realize LSU was missing a key player)
FGCU over Missouri 1st round
Oregon St. over Tennessee 2nd round
Duke clobbering Georgia 2nd round

Texas A&M w/ an impressive comeback vs. DePaul. South Carolina did what they were supposed to, in not very inspiring manner. Mississippi St. still to play 2nd round, shouldn't have too much trouble but you never know.

There's no possible way to spin this, SEC underachieved collectively.

Miss st struggled wih ok state earlier this year when ok state was missing a key player.

Frankly I hope ok state buries them. I’m tired of seeing that fluke shot by the midget.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Looks like maybe two road games this weekend. Imagine Buffalo, if they hang in, will bring a few and no question who the locals and UConn fans will pull for.

Reaction Score
South Carolina struggled wih ok state earlier this year when ok state was missing a key player.

Frankly I hope ok state buries them. I’m tired of seeing that fluke shot by the midget.

While South Carolina has in fact struggled to put away a lot of teams this year, I don’t recall playing Oklahoma State.

Reaction Score
South Carolina struggled wih ok state earlier this year when ok state was missing a key player.

Classy.

Also, get your insults straight: you meant Miss St, not So Carolina.

Reaction Score

I think your talking about Miss St. I have to agree though I really like Ok State and their Center, Jensen. If she and Goodwin could score like last time I think OK st supporting cast could provide enough for the upset.

the Q

Reaction Score
While South Carolina has in fact struggled to put away a lot of teams this year, I don’t recall playing Oklahoma State.

Yeah you’re right, I’m my bad. They were taking. About South Carolina on the tv.

the Q

Reaction Score
Classy.

Also, get your insults straight: you meant Miss St, not So Carolina.

Nothing wrong with rooting for the lower seed to win.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Duke up 53-26 over another powerhouse team from the SEC, Georgia, at the end of the third quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom