March 19 non-UConn games thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

March 19 non-UConn games thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
How many double digits seeds have reached the SS in the women’s tourney? I imagine it’s quite a rarity. Buffalo looks to be crashing that party.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Just because a team loses doesn't mean they didn't deserve their seed.
Should USF have not been a 6 seed?
Whose resume wouldve warranted a 4 seed instead of GA?

Given that Buffalo is apparently going to take down FSU, maybe USF was seeded just fine and Buffalo should have been much higher.

Reaction Score
Always thought Kelsey Mitchell was WAY overrated. 3 for 11 from 3 in a game for the Sweet Sixteen. And against- wait for it!!!!- Buffalo!

Wonder how many places Mitchell's draft position falls after tonight.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Let’s see your picture so we can make fun of you, too, e.g. “midget”.

If you guys are offended by midget....I give up.

Y’all probably like the holy cross decision too.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Always thought Kelsey Mitchell was WAY overrated. 3 for 11 from 3 in a game for the Sweet Sixteen. And against- wait for it!!!!- Buffalo!

Wonder how many places Mitchell's draft position falls after tonight.

I think you mean Central Michigan.

Reaction Score
Georgia may be the worst team I've seen all tournament. Duke isn't even playing great and is up 30. They have zero offense. If we faced them it would be a repeat of 2016 Miss State.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Miss st struggled wih ok state earlier this year when ok state was missing a key player.

Frankly I hope ok state buries them. I’m tired of seeing that fluke shot by the midget.

Be sure you don't accidentally watch her fluke 41 points against the giants of Baylor in the Regional final. That'll really make you sick.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Buffalo is 18 of 20 from the free throw line.
Cierra Dillard has had another outstanding game after she destroyed USF.
Stephanie Reid, the senior PG, has had some turnovers to the FSU pressure but has overall done a great job being the floor general.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mitchell maybe gets too much criticism on this board sometimes. She is certainly a talented player. Not having a very good Tournament though in her last go around. Mitchell and Plum get lumped together by some on here, I will take Plum 1000 times out of 1000. She found a level of consistency as a Sr. that Mitchell couldn't even dream of, and was fantastic in the Tourney last year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
LOL!!! After Duke went up by 30, Georgia hit a THREE with 4:30 left in the game. Melissa Lee, calling the game on ESPN2, said "..and signs of life for Georgia".

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
tOSU chipping away a little bit, within 15 w/ 5 1/2 minutes left. Mitchell has 23 on 9-26.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Just tuning in from the UConn-Quinn game. Whose doing all the scoring in the Duke - Georgia? Go Lexie!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to trace the new contours of women's basketball. Georgia, a supposed SEC powerhouse is getting shellacked.

LSU loses to a mid-major.
Miami of the so-called "best conference in the country" gets whacked by Quinnipiac.
Tennessee, the supposed greatest program in history, goes out in the second round- again, losing to a perennial also-ran Pac-12 league team- Oregon State.
Florida State, a 3 seed, gets whacked by Buffalo.
Florida Gulf Coast (who? I mean, who?) takes out the SEC's Missouri.
No-name Creighton takes out the Big-10's Nebraska.
And let's not forget that one of the most storied teams with one of the winningest coaches- North Carolina- lost in the first round to upstart South Carolina.

This is a New World. Everything is changing, except UConn and Coach Geno!!!

Reaction Score
Georgia may be the worst team I've seen all tournament. Duke isn't even playing great and is up 30. They have zero offense. If we faced them it would be a repeat of 2016 Miss State.
Well it looks like we will be facing them next Saturday. Looking forward to Z hanging 40 on P.

Reaction Score
Given that Buffalo is apparently going to take down FSU, maybe USF was seeded just fine and Buffalo should have been much higher.
South Florida is a very tough team. Buffalo must be one of the sleepers of the century!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We need to trace the new contours of women's basketball. Georgia, a supposed SEC powerhouse is getting shellacked.

LSU loses to a mid-major.
Miami of the so-called "best conference in the country" gets whacked by Quinnipiac.
Tennessee, the supposed greatest program in history, goes out in the second round- again, losing to a perennial also-ran Pac-12 league team- Oregon State.
Florida State, a 3 seed, gets whacked by Buffalo.
Florida Gulf Coast (who? I mean, who?) takes out the SEC's Missouri.
No-name Creighton takes out the Big-10's Nebraska.
And let's not forget that one of the most storied teams with one of the winningest coaches- North Carolina- lost in the first round to upstart South Carolina.

This is a New World. Everything is changing, except UConn and Coach Geno!!!
I wouldn’t read too much into the tournament losses. Teams are playing for their tournament lives (except Georgia, who forgot there was a game tonight) and mid majors are pulling off some upsets. Maybe parity is getting closer all the time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fairfield--that was NC A&T that South Carolina beat, another thing altogether. UNC wasn't remotely close to making the Tourney. Creighton beat Iowa. Arizona St. beat Nebraska.

You really cannot call Oregon St. a also-ran. As you are noting the new landscape of women's hoops, OSU won the Pac 12 3 years in a row, then finished tied for 3rd in a rebuilding year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom