Marc Damelio | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marc Damelio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is crazy. I'm part of the old crowd and am no expert on Tik Tok but what exactly do they post on Tik Tok that makes them so popular? The only thing I can think of that would make them so popular is probably not allowed on Tik Tok. :)
It's just dances and random daily stuff. The app exploded during the lockdowns back in March 2020 and they happened to be one of the few that literally became famous overnight.

They easily make over $1M for a sponsored ad post on tiktok. The amount of money you can make when you have a combined 300,000,000 followers on your instagram and tiktok is insane. Good for them though

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They say that to become old is to wake up one day, and realize that you no longer understand the world you find yourself living in. I can't even fake it anymore.
That is crazy. I'm part of the old crowd and am no expert on Tik Tok but what exactly do they post on Tik Tok that makes them so popular? The only thing I can think of that would make them so popular is probably not allowed on Tik Tok. :)
The simplest explanation is that TikTok is now the most visited website in the world. Charli is the most visited contributor on the most visited platform on the planet. And Dixie leveraged her sister's fame into the top 10.

My kid just sends me TikTok cat videos. Charli is a dancer I believe and is under 18. When I looked at the site/app, I noticed Chari shows up together with lots of other famous influencers. It's great marketing. Per this article she charges 100k a sponsored post and made $1m for a superbowl ad. Charli D’Amelio Turned Into a Multimillionaire in Under a Year

Reaction Score
His daughter has the most tiktok followers in the world with over 130 million. Take that for what it’s worth lol I’m sure the boneyard members young children know of them.
Good publicity nonetheless. What’s his connection to UConn?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Seconding this.

What the hell could teenagers post about on TikTok that would be worthy of 8 figures a year?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Keep asking, she’ll come around again.
She is in process of transferring there for fall semester. There’s still hope!

Unless she is like my fiancée who is a 2004 UConn grad, and was a theater major and never went to a game on campus. I asked her “ didn’t you know the men and women both won titles your graduating year?!” And she said “ I remember a lot of people at a bonfire walking back from our production of midsummers nights dream at Jorgensen , was that it?” She also went to school with genos daughter and they are still friends. None of this phases her in the least, couldn’t care less. ( although she humors me coming to a few games a year now, as long as we can drive by her old off campus houses and dorms on the way. ) One time at a really good game recently we made a basket that crowd lit up for and she jumped up an clapped and said “ yay sports” . Lol.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Seconding this.

What the hell could teenagers post about on TikTok that would be worthy of 8 figures a year?
It's what other teenagers and 20 somethings consume instead of TV. Short little videos about all sorts of things. I don't know how else to explain it. Advertisers want to reach the 16-30 year olds, and this is where you can reach them (and YouTube). You can't reach them on broadcast TV. It's a big deal for UConn.

Craig Austrie's wife Heather makes $$ on TikTok too (way less). She's sexy and funny.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol here is the actual text thread between me and my college soph at tip off Wednesday .
I had no idea. Someone said tik tok I snapped a shot and I texted to her. And then got called “ bro”.
4C293565-60E0-4D72-8958-4CB972D42894.jpeg

Charli and Dixie - Bored
Mom - Looking to strike up a conversation with the guy sitting next to her.
Marc- rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the start of the game.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
View attachment 73586
Charli and Dixie - Bored
Mom - Looking to strike up a conversation with the guy sitting next to her.
Marc- rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the start of the game.
Who is that guy next to her? Looks like a DT. Travis Jones?

Reaction Score
Who is that guy next to her? Looks like a DT. Travis Jones?
I was actually just about to post about him assuming people would wonder. It's Oneya D'Amelio, completely unrelated to the other D'Amelios I believe. He's also a TikTok star and has 25 million followers for his angry reactions. He was just in the Planet Fitness commercial during the Super Bowl with Lindsay Lohan

Reaction Score
Seconding this.

(For whomever wants a primer)
Originally dance tutorial videos. Dance videos are popular on TikTok as a social meme for young people. Short videos showing a certain dance step set to random song. Tutorials helped other young people do the dances themselves, so they became highly trafficked by people who wanted to be cool (basically everyone in high school at the time). These videos are also pushed by algorithms because well-dressed, fit, young, attractive females get views from essentially every gender and age group (a story as old as time).

At some point, the kid d'Amelios joined up with some top LA TikTokers and formed a TikTok collective called Hype House. This is what separated them from other popular dance TikTokers (alongside general personality, charisma, fashion sense, etc.). At that point (and really before) they had transitioned into social and family dynamics as a dominant form of content. Essentially celebrity culture. Who were they dating, wearing, seen with, what were they doing, etc. The Hype House was a rented LA mansion where they all independently filmed their videos, but most didn't live there. Think Studio 54 meets Def Jam or something, but with teenage drama. They all raised their own individual fame by capitalizing on the fame of each other. Despite being massively popular for a while, at some point, it became lame to be part of the Hype House, so the d'Amelio's left and continued doing their own thing.

Similar to the Kardashians, their parents were business savvy and capitalized and expanded their reach and exposure in smart ways (diversifying with YouTube vlogs - video diaries, taking content seriously, etc). Their income comes from posting sponsored videos, but also from actual modeling and ad partnerships (they've been in super bowl commercials, etc.) and now a reality show on Hulu where they have a chance to capitalize on the end of the Kardashians show to be the "it" celebrity family.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
(For whomever wants a primer)
Originally dance tutorial videos. Dance videos are popular on TikTok as a social meme for young people. Short videos showing a certain dance step set to random song. Tutorials helped other young people do the dances themselves, so they became highly trafficked by people who wanted to be cool (basically everyone in high school at the time). These videos are also pushed by algorithms because well-dressed, fit, young, attractive females get views from essentially every gender and age group (a story as old as time).

At some point, the d'Amelios joined up with some top LA TikTokers and formed a TikTok collective called Hype House. This is what separated them from other popular dance TikTokers (alongside general personality, charisma, fashion sense, etc.). At that point (and really before) they had transitioned into social and family dynamics as a dominant form of content. Essentially celebrity culture. Who were they dating, wearing, seen with, what were they doing, etc. The Hype House was a rented LA mansion where they all independently filmed their videos, but most didn't live there. Think Studio 54 meets Def Jam or something, but with teenage drama. They all raised their own individual fame by capitalizing on the fame of each other. Despite being massively popular for a while, at some point, it became lame to be part of the Hype House, so the d'Amelio's left and continued doing their own thing.

Similar to the Kardashians, their parents were business savvy and capitalized and expanded their reach and exposure in smart ways. Their income comes from posting sponsored videos, but also from actual modeling and ad partnerships (they've been in super bowl commercials, etc.) and now a reality show on Hulu where they have a chance to capitalize on the end of the Kardashians show to be the "it" celebrity family.
I just can't even.

Reaction Score
It’s not hard to understand. Kids used to watch half hour sitcoms. They’d wait until Friday night at 8:30, sit in front of the TV and wait 22 minutes of episode for Urkel to say his tag line.

Kids don’t watch tv or absorb content like that. It’s archaic. Now these influencers put out a video or two a day and like someone mentioned, some even team up in one house together. And they put out content that you’re kids watch every single day more than once. Dance routines, fashion stuff, pranks. No worse than the horrible sitcom scripts we watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom