Maine Transfer Issac Vann visiting UConn on 4/18 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Maine Transfer Issac Vann visiting UConn on 4/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
how does a situation like that work if we have already offered/he has already committed?

If you want to you can do it just like breaking up with someone by not calling them ever again. Eventually they get the hint.

Reaction Score
Gibbs killed it too, right?
I'm in the "let's go with the usual recruiting venues."
If this past year showed us anything, it showed us that integrating transfers is not always auto-Kromatic.

Yeah the NIT if lucky if Gibbs and Miller didn't come but hey that would've led to yet another reason to bitch right?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Why is UConn not interested in Zach Brown anymore? He's a top 25, 7 footer who's already committed? I just don't understand.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I was told to not worry about anything and that Zach will be in Storrs very soon when I commented that his handlers and camp seemed worrisome, seems people on UConn's staff feel the same way. Let's see how this plays out in the meantime but I really can't say I'm surprised one bit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What a mistake we'd be making by letting him go. There's no guarentee you land another top 30 big man recruit, why let the one we have get away?

Reaction Score
I always had a feeling that we would never see Zach Brown in a UConn uniform. I hope I am proven wrong . Way too much drama for that to ever change I'm afraid.

Reaction Score
What a mistake we'd be making by letting him go. There's no guarentee you land another top 30 big man recruit, why let the one we have get away?
I have to agree. I understand that people are worried about Brown being a cancer in the locker room but he hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. As long as he says he's committed to being a Husky, why not at least give him a year here and if it doesn't work, he transfers.

Reaction Score
I have to agree. I understand that people are worried about Brown being a cancer in the locker room but he hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. As long as he says he's committed to being a Husky, why not at least give him a year here and if it doesn't work, he transfers.
Agreed. Seems like there is a lack of guidance in his life and KO can help with that

Reaction Score
Not sure of all this talk about Brown and being a "cancer" or anything comparable. We know nothing about the kid other than he's a pretty good basketball player who needed to get out of his neighborhood to mature and seemingly did by most accounts. He had an issue at prep which we know little about and can only speculate, but maybe with that and being away it was better he went back with "family" to Miami? We don't really know so let's just sit back and see how it plays out rather than throw stones at the kid we know very little about other than he wants to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
His guardian is way too much hands on. I've heard from someone connected to the Miami bball scene that zach transferred from Miami Beach high to Miami high as a package deal with his real son and part of the deal was the real son had to start and play a lot. Then a mid way through the season and right before postseason play Zach transferred to PSA. He couldn't even last a month there and returned home. The coach at Miami high didn't want him back because of how he left and didn't want to deal with his camp again cause he felt slighted and wasn't worth the headache so he returned back to Miami Beach high.

Zach probably isn't the problem but his camp is another story. I doubt zach gets sent up here without someone from his camp coming up this way also. He's a great talent but might not be worth the headache

Reaction Score
Oz on Zach Brown from TOS: "I mean just put it this way... The staff did not watch a single minute of any of his games at eybl. Even when talking to miller about him he was passive. Like oh yea he is in and out a lot. Like general weird comments.

Bu said he is still working with him mentally upstairs but not sure if that is a last chance thing or just continuing to help him out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom