Louisville Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ducharme is going to be an All-American. A superstar. 2 full years with her, Paige and Fudd will be insane.

Ducharme is starting to remind me a bit of Ashley Joens, who is one of the best players in the country right now. But even bigger and possibly a better shooter at least now as a Freshman. Just a restless worker on both ends, specifically on the offensive end whether it be with the ball or without the ball. She's a bucket.

Honestly, for the future, rather lose and have her go off than win a close game where we are carried by CW and EW.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
overall disappointed. When Azzi and Nika get back, Geno needs to have a shorter leash on C. He needs to stop relying on her because she’s a senior. She certainly does not play like it’s her last season.
I’m over the 6 player rotation again. Amari needs to get more playing time. Let her work through the freshman woes.
I assumed Paige would sit out the season. But with how Geno manages the team and playing time, she will play in February.
Her shooting on one leg in practice convinces me. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Taking the long view, the emergence of CD as a clutch, gutsy player is much more important than a close loss by a shorthanded squad and terrible games by CW and EW. When Paige and Azzi and Nika return, CD may just be the additional spark we need to go all the way.
With CD looking like a very good starting 3 next year, with Paige and Azzi at the 1 & 2, I am liking the likely guard starters next year. I believe they will be better than the combination of Paige, Christyn and Evina largely because you replace two mediocre three point shooters with two good/great ones, which should also open it up for the bigs inside.

Reaction Score
overall disappointed. When Azzi and Nika get back, Geno needs to have a shorter leash on C. He needs to stop relying on her because she’s a senior. She certainly does not play like it’s her last season.
I’m over the 6 player rotation again. Amari needs to get more playing time. Let her work through the freshman woes.
I assumed Paige would sit out the season. But with how Geno manages the team and playing time, she will play in February.
On Amari.
Coach touts her after practices.
Great footwork- great back to basket player- incredible potential.
Game time - he ghosts her.
Is he blowing smoke?
Can she swim?
Throw her in the damn pool.

Reaction Score
CW looked lost out there again. I think Geno needs to have another heart-to-heart talk with her.....
It’s been four years now. I think if it takes a heart to heart every year I believe that something is lacking. I like CW a lot, but she doesn’t have the bball IQ that allows you to play better when your offense isn’t working. And her offense is so up and down that you can’t count on her because her shooting is so streaky. So the only think I can say is that we need to accept that CW is at best a third option on offense and will succeed only when she is not counted on to carry a large offensive burden. My hope is that once Azzi and Paige come back and with Caroline ballin and Dorka playing well. We will have enough offense. Then with Nika and Aubrey we will have key pieces to strategically play personnel on defense.

Reaction Score
On Amari.
Coach touts her after practices.
Great footwork- great back to basket player- incredible potential.
Game time - he ghosts her.
Is he blowing smoke?
Can she swim?
Throw her in the damn pool.
Blowing smoke. He said C had a great week of practice earlier this week and now look how that turned out

Reaction Score
I’m sorry to say this. But as someone who has watched this programmed for 32+ plus years thai loss is on the staff. The players and staff won that half. Walz and staff responded in that second half. Geno and and staff should have changed at the end of tbe 3rd and they didn’t. I was at the game in persons at Mohegan. So statements are my own and I stand by them.

No matter what let’s go huskies you have the talent!

Reaction Score
To misuse a quote from John Lewis, this was a "good" loss. The future looks bright with Caroline and Dorka, plus Edwards is starting to look like the player of last year. Evina is being asked to do a lot, and I believe it is taking a toll. UConn played just about the entire 2nd half with only four players on the court. I'm sorry, CW was basically a no show after the break. How she can look so good at times, and lost at other times is a mystery? Either coaches have figured out how to defend her, or her head has betrayed her skills. Dorka works very hard to get good positioning, but they are not getting the ball to her at the right time. Olivia needs to do more heavy lifting (in the game, not in the gym). The holiday break will serve them well, and hopefully some of the troops will have returned. I have no doubt if Paige is back at 50% by the end of February. This will be a final 4 team.

Reaction Score
Her shooting on one leg in practice convinces me. :rolleyes:
I was shocked that just days after surgery she's out there hopping around on one foot shooting. She definitely plans on being back this season.

Reaction Score
I don't really have a problem with the effort, to me it's a skill problem that prevents them from executing any consistent halfcourt offense. 1) The two guards EW and CW are sloppy with the ball and poor passers in addition to be being below average outside shooters. They don't scare anyone. 2) Against tough defense the high posts do nothing but hand the ball off. Edwards and ONO are non shooters who don't have to be challenged and when the ball goes there the paint becomes a mosh pit. Very few points get generated inside and very few foul shots. 3) At most times UConn has no more than 1 consistent outside threat on the floor which makes controlling close games impossible. They are just too predictable and easy to guard.

Reaction Score
Our leaders not playing up to par, players still doing magic tricks. They’re not making enough plays. What’s the answer for this year and next? Can Geno find help via the transfer portal, or perhaps a JC transfer? Does he need to consider that option?
I don't necessarily think we need to go to the portal, but may grab one player. Paige is a NPOY candidate every season she steps on the court. When Fudd comes back, she is as good as anyone shooting from the perimeter. You can see what Ducharme brings to the table already, and she's only going to get better. Juhasz has started to look good out there, and AE has the potential. Not sure what's going on with her as of late though. Plus we'll add another two top prospect freshman.

I think our issue is our senior class. They have had flashes of greatness, but each of them really struggles with consistency. You just never know which version of themselves is going to show up. Even though they are crucial to this year's team given the injury situation, I wouldn't be surprised if we get better when they graduate. A lot of minutes will open up to fresh faces, and I could see those players putting it together.

Perspective is key right now. If Paige was healthy, we'd likely be 8-1, and the theme of the board would be focusing on how we are getting better for the upcoming rematch with SC.

Reaction Score
How many excuses can we have for CW looking lost in a major game...very disappointing! Caroline Ducharme on the other hand...wow! this kid got no fear and clearly got a good basketball iq...she is a great wing and will be even better when she becomes a bit stronger.

Reaction Score
Also Rebecca Lobi is getting hard to listen to. It seems she goes out of her way to to be impartial. Over complimentary towards UConns opposition. Complimenting the Louisville guard Robinson like she was all world all game while she did absolutely nothing for them. I’m sure she is a good defensive player for them but cmon, really.

Reaction Score
Amari definitely needs to get lots of playing time in the early Big East games. She may be able to make a difference and with AE struggling we could use more help up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom