Long-Term HC Options | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Long-Term HC Options

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Edsall’s performance yesterday was an inexcusible mess from someone who started the job 3 weeks ago - nevermind someone who has been a head coach for 20 years.

He is 60, can’t recruit a lick and coaches them into losses against FRIGGING UMASS.

Every day he remains coach puts a competitive program further away.

There hasn’t been a single shread of evidence that he can get them past laughing stock forget good.
While I love your enthusiasm, I’m sure I’m not the first person to point out we haven’t been competitive for years. Also I believe you have some infamous quotes making your statement suspect. That aside I would be appreciative of spending time with you and most all boneyarders at a tailgate someday. In the end we all want the same thing....win baby

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While I love your enthusiasm, I’m sure I’m not the first person to point out we haven’t been competitive for years. Also I believe you have some infamous quotes making your statement suspect. That aside I would be appreciative of spending time with you and most all boneyarders at a tailgate someday. In the end we all want the same thing....win baby

Lol i said one nice thing about diaco. Anytime you want to put together a scoreboard of by predictions to see how far in front I am i’d be happy to review.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Lol i said one nice thing about diaco. Anytime you want to put together a scoreboard of by predictions to see how far in front I am i’d be happy to review.
I’m as pissed as you are... catch you at a game someday

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m as pissed as you are... catch you at a game someday

i’m long passed pissed. i spend most of the games laughing. Then most of the week laughing at the nonsense spouted here.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He is 60, can’t recruit a lick and coaches them into losses against FRIGGING UMASS.

Hey, wait a minute, like Randy says, all of the recruiting services are wrong and he is right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, wait a minute, like Randy says, all of the recruiting services are wrong and he is right.

He is screwed this time... it’s not that his recruits are poorly rated.... HE DOESN’T HAVE ANY RECRUITS.

You can’t even pretend no offers is fine when you don’t even have any players.

They are going to run off half a dozen 4th year juniors next month and they don’t even have bodies to replace them.

Assuming they can even count to 85 and know how many scholarships they can offer anyway.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He is screwed this time... it’s not that his recruits are poorly rated.... HE DOESN’T HAVE ANY RECRUITS.

They are going to run off half a dozen 4th year juniors next month and they don’t even have bodies to replace them.

Assuming they can even count to 85 and know how many scholarships they can offer anyway.

Everyone else is adding barber shops to practice facilities and having fun, Randy's out here measuring crew cuts with a ruler.

Kids don't have time for that crap anymore.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Everyone else is adding barber shops to practice facilities and having fun, Randy's out here measuring crew cuts with a ruler.

Kids don't have time for that crap anymore.
Thankfully 40 year olds are signing up for the Armed Services.

;-)

Bonehead

Reaction Score

I heard we have Dan Mason locked up if we want him...

I agree with your assessment however I don't think trying to find a new head coach is the best idea at this time. It has to play out another year or two. I don't think there is such a thing as a Long Term HC Option at UConn. If the coach knocks it out of the park here, he is gone to a P5. Edsall was the Long Term option when hired.

With that said Randy needs to be looking at the mirror this week.

Reaction Score
With that said Randy needs to be looking at the mirror this week.
He's a millionaire. Am sure he looks in the mirror (or video replays of himself) plenty.

Other programs in the state and area play competent football. There should be no excuses here. At all. If Edsall doesn't have the boat righted by next season, he should graciously resign.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Maybe, just maybe, firing an OC who has not done a terrible overall job in his first year because of a game plan he comes up with for a game played DURING A FRIGGIN NOREASTER would be overreacting?

I'll do a 241 later, and I have no problem with questioning whether we couldn't have had a more balanced game plan in weather in which UMass was able to throw somewhat and if that decision by the coaches didn't cost us the game, but UNLESS YOU SPENT THE ENTIRE GAME SITTING OUTSIDER IN YOUR DAMN SEAT LIKE A FEW OF US DID LET'S PLEASE NOT PRETEND THAT THE WEATHER WASN'T A BIG FACTOR IN WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY EITHER.

Smart people didn't sit outside yesterday. But I have no patience to listen to lectures from those who stayed home pretending that the conditions yesterday weren't highly unusual.
Thank you for your service.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Conditions were the same for both teams. Never the less one team tried to stretch the field and the other turtled. Guess which team won?
How dare you post this without having suffered through rain and wind and cold and sniffles and coughing and wet feet and blisters and sadness?

Reaction Score
Edsall coaching last Saturday was terrible, that being said, Dave Benedict's primary focus right now is getting us out of the AAC and apply to the Big East in everything except football. He needs to save the UConn basketball brand at all costs, that in turn might get the ACC interested in UConn in everything except football. Football goes independent alongside UMass, BYU and the rest for the foreseeable future. You heard it here first, that is the plan, heard this from a reliable source yesterday. Uconn's ace in the hole is the men's basketball program and it's still very desirable brand, the ACC would take UConn in all sports except football.

Reaction Score
Edsall coaching last Saturday was terrible, that being said, Dave Benedict's primary focus right now is getting us out of the AAC and apply to the Big East in everything except football. He needs to save the UConn basketball brand at all costs, that in turn might get the ACC interested in UConn in everything except football. Football goes independent alongside UMass, BYU and the rest for the foreseeable future. You heard it here first, that is the plan, heard this from a reliable source yesterday. Uconn's ace in the hole is the men's basketball program and it's still very desirable brand, the ACC would take UConn in all sports except football.

Is this the same source that posted a photo of the leaderboard in the practice facility with the fake 40 times?

Just kidding.

I just posted back to JMoney about wanting to know what the plan is for the future, because we are failing badly at what we need to be doing right now - and that plan isn't some BS that Randy Edsall is going to spout - it's what the AD and the Board of Trustees are going to do with a recruiting plan, so that we are able to put players on the field that can compete with the programs they are facing week in and week out.

Reaction Score
Why couldn’t you leave football in AAC and bring everything else to Big East?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Same source who said we are sniffing Mason or different source?

Reaction Score
Why couldn’t you leave football in AAC and bring everything else to Big East?
AAC won't go along with it. They want UConn men's basketball just as much as the Big East or the ACC.

Reaction Score
How dare you post this without having suffered through rain and wind and cold and sniffles and coughing and wet feet and blisters and sadness?

I am not sure who suffered more. The few people who were there had crappy weather conditions but at least their vision may have been impeded. Those of us who watched at home had a clearer view of the coaching fiasco.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
I am not sure who suffered more. The few people who were there had crappy weather conditions but at least their vision may have been impeded. Those of us who watched at home had a clearer view of the coaching fiasco.
Check your sarcasm meter, John. Wasn't pointed at you all, Bro. I watched from home and I'm not embarrassed to say so. Most of our TG party did as well. Two brave souls made their way to the Rent (they played the parts of fans 8 and 9, respectively.)

Reaction Score
Check your sarcasm meter, John. Wasn't pointed at you all, Bro. I watched from home and I'm not embarrassed to say so. Most of our TG party did as well. Two brave souls made their way to the Rent (they played the parts of fans 8 and 9, respectively.)

Did not think the comment was pointed at me. Living in BHM, AL I don't get to see UConn much in person. Saw the bowl game here, the one in Charlotte and games in Tampa and Orlando. Actually thought it was pointed at BL.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems like the only scenario this would make sense in is a scenario where the new AAC media contract is largely the same as we have now....and our independent football/BE all other sports actually generates more $$ through better 3rd tier rights mgmt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom