2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not going to get my hopes up on this one considering Kansas was originally in his final 2 and they're heavily involved now. I think if we get a visit then I'll be a lot more optimistic.
Tell me the kid didn’t grow up with his family gathered around the TV set watching Jayhawk games in Texas. Mama McNeeley walks around in a Danny Manning jersey and dreams of watching her son play in Phog while benefiting from severely one-sided officiating.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I just got so !!!
Flirty Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Because Bill Self’s resume goes beyond this season..

Braun, Dick, Furphy all going round 1 consecutively is a pretty easy pitch. And God knows how much they will offer in NIL if they gave Timberlake 450

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nevermind, I just realized you were complimenting us haha my bad I thought you meant not even close, as in our offense sucks

lol some people may have thought that

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Braun, Dick, Furphy all going round 1 consecutively is a pretty easy pitch. And God knows how much they will offer in NIL if they gave Timberlake 450
$450k is possibly a top 3 earning year for Timberlake; sounds like McNeely has aspirations that include making that amount a rounding error.

Reaction Score
$450k is possibly a top 3 earning year for Timberlake; sounds like McNeely has aspirations that include making that amount a rounding error.

250 for Timberlake was the rumor, ot 450. But still true. McNeely is a much better player at the same age.

Reaction Score
250 for Timberlake was the rumor, ot 450. But still true. McNeely is a much better player at the same age.
If I paid Timberlake that much money for the results I’m getting, as the coach I couldn’t even look him in the face in the huddle I’d be so pissed off lol.

Reaction Score
Diarra-----Nowell
McNeeley-Ball
Stewart----Ross
Karaban---Roumeglou
Transfer---Johnson

i had Ball penciled in as a starter but he's lost his spot in the rotation to Stew. Can McNeeley and Stew be our starting wings? that would be a giant lineup.
If your only ball handling pg is Diarra, who gets sped up under pressure, Stewart, who we don’t even ask to dribble right now, and this freshman shooter, that’s not a good start.

Ball and Stewart are competing for minutes right now because we have a 6’8 unicorn lottery pick that can guard 1-4 and run the offense. Ball is a 1, more likely a 2 and Stewart a 3/4.

Regardless think they need to hit the portal hard for a facilitating pg and a big man

Reaction Score
If your only ball handling pg is Diarra, who gets sped up under pressure, Stewart, who we don’t even ask to dribble right now, and this freshman shooter, that’s not a good start.

Ball and Stewart are competing for minutes right now because we have a 6’8 unicorn lottery pick that can guard 1-4 and run the offense. Ball is a 1, more likely a 2 and Stewart a 3/4.

Regardless think they need to hit the portal hard for a facilitating pg and a big man
Castle is 6'6" but what's a couple inches? That's what she said....not.

Reaction Score

I can't tell if this is a purposefully terrible post or not.

Ball is not a PG. He's never played the 1, clearly doesn't have the level of handles and IQ. He's averaging less than 1 assists PER FORTY MINUTES for God's sake.

You're also ignoring the 5-star PG recruit we have.

Castle is 6'6.

Reaction Score

I am not against the portal at all to fill in gaps like we have, especially with untested freshmen, but we have 3 well regarded freshmen who will be sophmores that if we portal recruit over, someone will definitely leave. If somehow we got Liam, and I agree we need a decent backup center, I think that should be it for the portal (also assuming AK stays). I am willing to have a "down" year, at least first half of the year, to let the 3 then sophomores to develop more. I think we would be a top 20 team by the end of the season and be a threat in the tournament. Too much portal over recruits would damage culture I believe.

Reaction Score
I can't tell if this is a purposefully terrible post or not.

Ball is not a PG. He's never played the 1, clearly doesn't have the level of handles and IQ. He's averaging less than 1 assists PER FORTY MINUTES for God's sake.

You're also ignoring the 5-star PG recruit we have.

Castle is 6'6.
Don’t disagree with what you’re saying but I would be shocked if Hurley doesn’t bring in a guard capable of playing the 1 and a starting caliber big (not that your post was necessarily saying he wouldn’t). We have Newton, Castle, Diarra, and Spencer all cable of running the offense for stretches. As it stands, we have only Diarra and Nowell next year. There are big minutes for both of those guys even with a portal guy added to the mix.

Reaction Score
Don’t disagree with what you’re saying but I would be shocked if Hurley doesn’t bring in a guard capable of playing the 1 and a starting caliber big (not that your post was necessarily saying he wouldn’t). We have Newton, Castle, Diarra, and Spencer all cable of running the offense for stretches. As it stands, we have only Diarra and Nowell next year. There are big minutes for both of those guys even with a portal guy added to the mix.

For sure... I'm very confident we will bring in another guard (or two) and a big. Back to McNeeley... He would be absolutely perfect.

Reaction Score

Oh, for sure. Big guard that can shoot and a starting-caliber big man are needs this off-season.

Reaction Score
Need to push to get Cam another year. Dudes are playing 8 years and getting a 9th.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Makes too much sense. We need a smart shooter losing Cam, T-New, potentially AK. He’s cut from the same cloth as Hurley. I saw him last summer and I was chatting with the father of one of his teammates, said he was the hardest working and toughest kid on the team.

Wow. Sounds like a perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr