2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he wants to come in and be coached hard and work his ass off then I will welcome him with open arms. If he would rather go for NIL money and showcase his talent for the NBA then I'd rather him not come to Storrs. I don't want UConn to turn into a Kentucky or a Duke where year in and year out they get these 5 Star recruits and leave after 9 months for the NBA after their team flames out in the 2nd round or Sweet 16. No Thank you.

Reaction Score
The sweetest recruit in my UConn Fandom history after Donyell Marshall, was DeAndre Daniels. Stole him right away from Kansas and we wouldnt have won the title without him. We don't usually swoop in and steal recruits, it usually happens to us. Maybe the UConn lovefest can change that? This kid is the real deal.
The greatest swoop of all time, maybe the most significant recruit in UConn history:
KHALID EL AMIN!!

Reaction Score
What position would he play next year if he picked uconn?
3/4. Defensive position is pretty similar to Stewart and the two of them would give a lot of versatility.

I’m fascinated to see how Hurley does with these elite shooter recruits going forward. We now have two years of Hurley running the most NBA-like offensive sets (this year even more so) in college ball, that would presumably be very exciting to a catch and shoot guy like McNeely. Obviously there are a ton of other factors at play, but if I’m McNeely, hard not to watch the film UConn is no doubt sending him and not get excited.

Reaction Score
The greatest swoop of all time, maybe the most significant recruit in UConn history:
KHALID EL AMIN!!
True. He was thought to be a Minnesota lock, and then KEA said, "Wait, Minnesota??? Aww, hell no!!"

Reaction Score
He played the 4 and 3 in AAU. Did he play the 2 at MVA? If not I doubt he has the speed or handle for that

I was thinking of the wrong kid at MVA. He's probably a 3 for us with spot minutes at the 4 like Castle.

Reaction Score
3/4. Defensive position is pretty similar to Stewart and the two of them would give a lot of versatility.
But if Karaban and stew are the starting forwards? We’d need Liam to be our starting 2

Reaction Score
So how’s that work if Karaban and stew are the starting forwards? We’d need Liam to play the 2

I wouldn't be against playing 3 forwards if we have a solid lead guard up front, but I think that would be a stretch with Diarra/Nowell.

One of the Stewart and McNeely would be coming off the bench, but would get 20+ mpg backing up the 3/4.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be against playing 3 forwards if we have a solid lead guard up front, but I think that would be a stretch with Diarra/Nowell.

One of the Stewart and McNeely would be coming off the bench, but would get 20+ mpg backing up the 3/4.
Could be a hard sell for both guys imo

Reaction Score
But if Karaban and stew are the starting forwards? We’d need Liam to be our starting 2
Not disagreeing with anything above - but that would mean Ball wouldn’t be in the starting lineup next year?

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Would ABSOLUTELY crush in UConn's offense. Too perfect a basketball fit to ever happen.. Some $hing will get in the way.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
According to ESPN's Recruiting information UConn isn't even listed as a school in consideration.
I love how everyone runs with the guesses, but In the end its usually someone else that transfers in unpredicted.

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing with anything above - but that would mean Ball wouldn’t be in the starting lineup next year?
correct and i dont think he should be since stew has taken his place in the rotation. dont wanna start 2 sophs that barely played this year.

Diarra----Nowell
Transfer- Ball
Stewart- Ross
Karaban- Roumeglou- Abraham
Transfer- Johnson- Singare

Reaction Score
I am not against the portal at all to fill in gaps like we have, especially with untested freshmen, but we have 3 well regarded freshmen who will be sophmores that if we portal recruit over, someone will definitely leave. If somehow we got Liam, and I agree we need a decent backup center, I think that should be it for the portal (also assuming AK stays). I am willing to have a "down" year, at least first half of the year, to let the 3 then sophomores to develop more. I think we would be a top 20 team by the end of the season and be a threat in the tournament. Too much portal over recruits would damage culture I believe.
We need a starting 7' center we have a backup, Johnson ! He is too light for a starter and would get pushed around. And we need a point guard to replace Newton.

Reaction Score
Schools in contact...Uconn???? I thought we did not get involved in the Portal until our year was done? Don't get me wrong, I think the coaching staff has no choice but to act now, but that post confused me, because DH was adamant that his staff was focused on the tourney.

If you are serious about being a consistent Top 5 team you have to play along when the portal opens. We are a hot commodity and we need to take advantage.

Reaction Score
Schools in contact...Uconn???? I thought we did not get involved in the Portal until our year was done? Don't get me wrong, I think the coaching staff has no choice but to act now, but that post confused me, because DH was adamant that his staff was focused on the tourney.
Sounds like Tom Moore is on portal duty while Luke and Kimani alternate scouting our next opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom