Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What should not be lost in the shuffle of which recruits go where is the many factors beyond who the coach is. How likely is one to play significant muntes as a freshman. Who are the most likely other freshman that have or will sign with that school, does she know them, does she have a friendship already in place. Who are the upper class mates and is the program headed up or down. If you are real confident in your future which school can provide the most help developing your skills. For example Chris Dailey has long been regarded as the main architect in the "big girl" development at UConn. Look at the track record she has. I know talent had to have been there but the post play in Storrs has been pretty solid for a lot of years

Reaction Score
"Potential"...most over-used and miss-used word in sports. It means nothing unless it's realized. BTW, how does anyone measure potential?
Uconns Potential!Since 2000 9 NC so that makes it 7 for the rest of WCBB and Connecticuts most talented team didn't win one"2001!"5 consecutive FF from 2000-2004 and now 8 consecutive FF from 2008 2015 with again 9 NC!Any other team in WCBB measure up to "the potential" the huskies bring every year?I don't think so!

Reaction Score
Yes, as a Type 1 diabetic myself, and having lost a brother to the illness, I know that it is easier than 20 years ago. But I also know that it is a damn hard thing to manage. If you do not have a good support group you can end up in serious trouble. I have been hospitalized twice this year with DK and it came up out of nowhere and hit me before I knew what was happening.
Type 2 been hospitalized 6 times since May.It is still a battle everyday no matter what the medical advances have been.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Type 2 been hospitalized 6 times since May.It is still a battle everyday no matter what the medical advances have been.

Wow...sorry to hear of your battle! It is not an easy one.

Reaction Score
Look if you want to flatter Geno and imply that he shaped those three into great players out of nothing, I can't help it.

Other top ranked recruits such as A. Wilson, B. Turner, and Deshields have done okay without his tutelage, so I feel confident saying Stewart would still have been terrific had she gone elsewhere.

As for location, if being within a 16 hr drive of home satisfies her supposed location concerns, they are hardly comparable to those of EDD.

Also, it's pretty funny that you are already downplaying the potential impact of Boley before her senior year of HS.
Stewart still would have been great wherever she played absolutely but would she have won any championships?We will never know.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
image.png

10 Years Later: I had to look this TV wannabe cool word up. Dead is dead, Sed!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewart still would have been great wherever she played absolutely but would she have won any championships?We will never know.
Depends where she went. I think her final 4 were UCONN, Duke, Penn State and Syracuse. I don't know if she would have gotten Duke over the NC hump, but certainly she wouldn't have won anything at Penn State or Syracuse...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
but certainly she wouldn't have won anything at Penn State or Syracuse...

Would've been interesting to see how landing Stewie would've affected those schools' recruiting. Penn State was generally a top 15ish school at the time and Syracuse was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was impossible they might've added more premium talent as a result and been pretty dangerous.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Would've been interesting to see how landing Stewie would've affected those schools' recruiting. Penn State was generally a top 15ish school at the time and Syracuse was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was impossible they might've added more premium talent as a result and been pretty dangerous.
Good points. Impossible to know for sure. But going back and looking at the #1 players in each class recently - Stanford had 2 Ogwumike's on their roster and could never get over the hump. Deleware landed Delle Donne and added absolutely nobody during her 4 years there. Baylor added Griner, but needed Sims to even win one NC there. Dule landed Williams, and we all know how that worked out LOL. But you make good points - surely PSU or Syracuse would have seen a bump in recruiting of Stewie had gone there...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Depends where she went. I think her final 4 were UCONN, Duke, Penn State and Syracuse. I don't know if she would have gotten Duke over the NC hump, but certainly she wouldn't have won anything at Penn State or Syracuse...
I think at Duke with a line up of a healthy Gray, Peters, Williams, Jones not even JPM could have prevented her from winning at least 1 NC. With multiple NC a strong possibility.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think at Duke with a line up of a healthy Gray, Peters, Williams, Jones not even JPM could have prevented her from winning at least 1 NC. With multiple NC a strong possibility.

And Liston

Reaction Score
going elsewhere, would Stewie have the drive that she has at UConn... dont underestimate what the coaches do for these players confidence, drive and desire.
I think she already had it

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stewie, in what has become a familiar refrain, did not say she came to UConn; she said she came to UConn to be coached by Geno. Must have thought he had something to offer.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Stewie was never going anywhere but UConn. It was all UConn and no other school.

Reaction Score
Uconns Potential!Since 2000 9 NC so that makes it 7 for the rest of WCBB and Connecticuts most talented team didn't win one"2001!"5 consecutive FF from 2000-2004 and now 8 consecutive FF from 2008 2015 with again 9 NC!Any other team in WCBB measure up to "the potential" the huskies bring every year?I don't think so!

Hard to read with your lack of punctuation and spacing, but it looks like UCONN "realized" their potential.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Hard to read with your lack of punctuation and spacing, but it looks like UCONN "realized" their potential.

HEY! If you continue to hassle Boneyarders about their grammatical shortcomings and I guarantee that a hard rains a-gonna fall on you! :rolleyes:

And, BTW, trade the their you mistakenly used and replace it with her. ;)

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
HEY! If you continue to hassle Boneyarders about their grammatical shortcomings and I guarantee that a hard rains a-gonna fall on you! :rolleyes:

And, BTW, trade the their you mistakenly used and replace it with her. ;)

Why her and not it's? Just wondering...

Reaction Score
With your quote you "realized"you lack any potential to talk about the Huskies in any way because the potential I measured between you and I compares with you being the rest of WCBB and I the Connecticut Huskies!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stewie was never going anywhere but UConn. It was all UConn and no other school.
Tony I had a tangential connection to Stewie's AAU PB team and was told that ND, UVA and Duke made strong pitches and got consideration. How strong/serious? I did not pry.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Why her and not it's? Just wondering...

Quit when you're behind. ;) The it's you suggested is a contraction for it is. Completely errant. Please let it go.

Reaction Score
The best Stewie recruitment story was when Stewie came for the Duke game. UConn was doing its usual thing against Duke, and Geno turned to her and said something along the lines of "you still considered them [Duke]? You should go over there it looks like they could use you." Sure Stewie like every kid considered other schools, but I think it was more like kicking the tires rather than serious interest. I believe there's an interview out there with Stewie saying she always wanted to play at UConn so she didn't have the pressure down to the wire of picking a school that many recruits face.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
With your quote you "realized"you lack any potential to talk about the Huskies in any way because the potential I measured between you and I compares with you being the rest of WCBB and I the Connecticut Huskies!!!

Wow, I don't think you want to argue your adeptness at punctuation and clarity with that paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom