Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox to Visit on First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well that's a good sign. If nothing else, she will get to see UCONN and its' fans at their best. I don't think that we are the favorites by any stretch, but at least she gets to get the full UCONN experience...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Would seem like South Carolina is out of the running (though maybe I missed something and we already knew that?). Notre Dame has her coming in the weekend of the football season opener against Texas. They usually like to bring them in on the biggest home game of the early fall, so no surprise there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great news - at least she is thinking seriously about us.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like UCONN being last, except for Baylor, but she's been there a number of times so that will be nothing special. We'll see what happens.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I told you guys she would visit.

Dropping South Carolina is news to me, but maybe she didn't like playing for Staley on the U19 team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like that Baylor is the last visit. And that is Homecoming weekend and the stadium and campus will be rocking. Maybe she is coming home.

Last edited:

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Tennessee plays Oklahoma the week she visits Knoxville, which will likely be a sellout, and it was announced as the Checkerboard game, so I'm glad she will get to see that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like UCONN being last, except for Baylor, but she's been there a number of times so that will be nothing special. We'll see what happens.

Oh, but it will be special because it is Homecoming weekend. And we know that she has enjoyed attending the football games in the past. She and the rest of her family have attended more than one game.

Reaction Score
Her first trip to Storrs is scheduled to start Oct. 16, which coincides with UConn’s annual First Night program.

I think from past, most of the girls attending the First Night will sign with UConn. Am I right? Please let me know....thanks

Reaction Score
Lauren didn't get much playing time from Dawn for being the #1 ranked overall (ESPN.) Baylor definite doesn't need her. Their freshmen are #11 6-5 Kalani Brown and #20 Beatrice Mompremier. Beatrice is 6-4 with a huge wingspan. She grew better, smarter and stronger for three straight years in the MYRTLE BEACH BEACH BALL CLASSIC. In her senior year, she demolished the underneath area, picking up the MVP as her team won the championship.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some other schools have rousing football programs and big-time games to take Lauren to. Unfortunately for them, Ms Cox is not a linebacker and none can match some items that Geno can place on the itinerary for Lauren and her parents:
- Glorious fall foliage to make the drive from Bradley to Storrs an eventful photo-op;
- The magical atmosphere of First Night, including presentation of NCAA championship rings and unveiling of NC banner #10;
- Practice in the incomparable Champions Center, including a stroll past ten NC trophies, innumerable conference/tournament trophies, and photos of a few UConn immortals plus at least a dozen mere legendary players;
- Meetings with Dr. Herbst, AD Manuel and any academic department head requested;
- Lasagna and spumoni at the Auriemmas' home, with a good group of future teammates;
- Lunch with the team, especially Pheese;
- Go to class with Moriah, Pheese, or Stewie; and,
- A meeting in Geno's office to acquaint her with the uncompromising UConn/Geno way thing are done - with NO PT promises (but maybe delivery of a McDonald's hamburger w/fries by Diana and Sue or a VIP tour of ESPN).:rolleyes:

Oops! Forgot the Dairy Bar!

Reaction Score
Well that's a good sign. If nothing else, she will get to see UCONN and its' fans at their best. I don't think that we are the favorites by any stretch, but at least she gets to get the full UCONN experience...

She's tall, that's all I know about her. In the U19 games I saw her playing time was minimal. How good is she??
As to the effect of First Night, I think that is a big deal for fans and recruits alike. It's hard to believe a kid will see a prospective team getting more love than UConn Women BB does. It's Electric and pyrogenic and Loud.

Reaction Score
I like that Baylor is the last visit. And that is Homecoming weekend and the stadium and campus will be rocking. Maybe she is coming home.

I was thinking the same thing. Usually last visit wins, especially it being her home state. Also thinking with the bigs they are getting, it just doesn't make much sense..... Although she is better than both of them.

Reaction Score
Some other schools have rousing football programs and big-time games to take Lauren to. Unfortunately for them, Ms Cox is not a linebacker and none can match some items that Geno can place on the itinerary for Lauren and her parents:
- Glorious fall foliage to make the drive from Bradley to Storrs an eventful photo-op;
- The magical atmosphere of First Night, including presentation of NCAA championship rings and unveiling of NC banner #10;
- Practice in the incomparable Champions Center, including a stroll past ten NC trophies, innumerable conference/tournament trophies, and photos of a few UConn immortals plus at least a dozen mere legendary players;
- Meetings with Dr. Herbst, AD Manuel and any academic department head requested;
- Lasagna and spumoni at the Auriemmas' home, with a good group of future teammates;
- Lunch with the team, especially Pheese;
- Go to class with Moriah, Pheese, or Stewie; and,
- A meeting in Geno's office to acquaint her with the uncompromising UConn/Geno way thing are done - with NO PT promises (but maybe delivery of a McDonald's hamburger w/fries by Diana and Sue or a VIP tour of ESPN).:rolleyes:

Oops! Forgot the Dairy Bar!
GEEEZ---with all that--Please May I become a Uconn WBB recruit? Please!!!, I'll even pay for the privilege. Forget everything else let me walk along side of Pheese, Moriah, Stewie, Nurse, Tuck--I won't even talk, if I could find the words. WOW.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Usually last visit wins, especially it being her home state. Also thinking with the bigs they are getting, it just doesn't make much sense..... Although she is better than both of them.
Last visits wins unless she jumps aboard the UConn NC express--will she need another stop??

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She's tall, that's all I know about her. In the U19 games I saw her playing time was minimal. How good is she??
As to the effect of First Night, I think that is a big deal for fans and recruits alike. It's hard to believe a kid will see a prospective team getting more love than UConn Women BB does. It's Electric and pyrogenic and Loud.

The fact that she was on the U19 team at all (with players 2 classes ahead of her) speaks volumes. Most recent eval from ESPN (who ranks her #1 in the class of 2016):

The elite interior prospect in the class of 2016; dominates in the block with superior length, timing and soft touch; finishes plays vs. contact, delivers at the charity stripe; mobility in uptempo; stretches the defense to the arc; complete package with next level impact.

Reaction Score
Great news - at least she is thinking seriously about us.

I hope she thinks seriously about the TEAM--NOT me. One look and she'll join my wife somewhere. Have you seen her? I'll keep lookin.

Reaction Score
The fact that she was on the U19 team at all (with players 2 classes ahead of her) speaks volumes. Most recent eval from ESPN (who ranks her #1 in the class of 2016):

The elite interior prospect in the class of 2016; dominates in the block with superior length, timing and soft touch; finishes plays vs. contact, delivers at the charity stripe; mobility in uptempo; stretches the defense to the arc; complete package with next level impact.

In that regard I hope Uconn gets her and she lives up to the above statement. Thanks.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I wonder how often that's true? Last year Ogunbowale visited ND first, took 3 more visits, cancelled her 5th visit (leading to speculation she'd choose her 4th visit, UCLA) and ended up at ND anyway. You really never know...not that that should stop anyone from speculating ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Last visit can win, as first impressions and last impressions are both more psychologically impactful than intermediate impressions. However, sometimes a recruit makes his/her mind up before a last visit, and the only purpose of the last visit in question is to confirm that his/her decision isn't being swayed.

I am neither speculating nor predicting that this is what will happen with Lauren Cox. Geno, CD, and UConn players, will say what they have to say, and Lauren will either see the overwhelming value or she won't (or at least not as much as another school).

But of course, if routinely contending for national championships, having successful post-collegiate basketball careers, and/or having successful post-collegiate non-basketball careers, appeal to her, then there is only one choice.

Bottom line, high school #1s are hard to come by, but they have very memorable and fulfilling experiences at UConn and after UConn. We all technically count as boosters and can hardly exert any effort to contact recruits and convince them of what I just said. All we can do is sit back, enjoy this upcoming WCBB season, and hope recruits they are duly convinced by what is allowed in the recruiting process.

Reaction Score
Last visit can win, as first impressions and last impressions are both more psychologically impactful than intermediate impressions. However, sometimes a recruit makes his/her mind up before a last visit, and the only purpose of the last visit in question is to confirm that his/her decision isn't being swayed.

I am neither speculating nor predicting that this is what will happen with Lauren Cox. Geno, CD, and UConn players, will say what they have to say, and Lauren will either see the overwhelming value or she won't (or at least not as much as another school).

But of course, if routinely contending for national championships, having successful post-collegiate basketball careers, and/or having successful post-collegiate non-basketball careers, appeal to her, then there is only one choice.

Bottom line, high school #1s are hard to come by, but they have very memorable and fulfilling experiences at UConn and after UConn. We all technically count as boosters and can hardly exert any effort to contact recruits and convince them of what I just said. All we can do is sit back, enjoy this upcoming WCBB season, and hope recruits they are duly convinced by what is allowed in the recruiting process.
Positional psychology has testing to verify it, that's true. What positional psychology failed to give larger credence to is the Charisma of those between the beginning and the end, all other factors equal. External factors --emotionally not wanting to be far from home, familiar surroundings, same TV stations, etc can trump (not Donald) Positional and Charisma psychology. Not a very precise science indeed.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I believe an important consideration for Lauren was that she (and, presumably, her parents too) went from Flower Mound, Texas, to Terre Haute, Indiana, at their expense to watch UConn massacre the Irish on their court - then surely watched the encore (National Championship) on TV in the spring.

Tuff for Muffett to overcome.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69