Lagow's Twitter Page | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lagow's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think if Tommy rephrased it. The way it was worded seemed to question the staff. If it were more along the line of:
Huskynation RT if you think Richard Lagow should choose UCONN.

pj

Reaction Score
I think if Tommy rephrased it. The way it was worded seemed to question the staff. If it were more along the line of:
Huskynation RT if you think Richard Lagow should choose UCONN.

No, I think it's more that now that he's signed his LOI he's a UConn representative and he's subject to NCAA restrictions on recruiting prospective student-athletes. The staff probably asked him to delete it. Lagow has a UConn offer and I can't imagine the staff wouldn't welcome him coming.

Reaction Score
Lagow has a UConn offer and I can't imagine the staff wouldn't welcome him coming.

Can't imagine? The original tweet indicated that he doesn't feel like he has the option to make that decision because he is not welcome. Maybe he does have the option and just doesn't realize it, or he feels caught in the middle. In either case he seems like a young man who played for love of the game and it's relationships with coaches and teammates. If that's been broken it will take a heroic intervention to fix. I'll stop posting on this now. GL to Richard. Clearly you have made a positive impression on a number of our new recruits.

pj

Reaction Score
Can't imagine? The original tweet indicated that he doesn't feel like he has the option to make that decision because he is not welcome. Maybe he does have the option and just doesn't realize it, or he feels caught in the middle. In either case he seems like a young man who played for love of the game and it's relationships with coaches and teammates. If that's been broken it will take a heroic intervention to fix. I'll stop posting on this now. GL to Richard. Clearly you have made a positive impression on a number of our new recruits.

I didn't read it that way at all. Lagow has an offer and an LOI, he can come to UConn if he chooses. The coaches can't comment publicly but they have consistently demonstrated that they want Lagow to come here and coaches don't generally turn away quality recruits if they have space. Since they sent out an LOI, they have space. Rich Lagow would not give us an excess of QBs and he certainly adds to the quality of the QB group.

The ball is in Rich Lagow's court, he has opened up his recruitment and is exploring options. He wants to find out if Clemson or one of the other schools that recently expressed interest in him wants him, and if they do, to decide if he likes those schools better than UConn.

Tommy Myers really likes Rich Lagow and wants him to choose UConn. That was the point of his tweet.

Reaction Score
Lagow has to do what he feels is best for him. If its not UConn, so be it.

I don't know what the staff told him. I do know getting on the filed became much tougher when Boyle signed.

Reaction Score
I really hope PP does not screw up here. This is a chance to develop a very solid pipeline into Texas and other areas. I can't believe what's going on here.

Reaction Score
I really hope PP does not screw up here. This is a chance to develop a very solid pipeline into Texas and other areas. I can't believe what's going on here.
Lagow's decision will not affect Texas recruiting in any way.

Reaction Score
You sure about that Pal...I thought the same thing when Rob Ambose told Xavier HS hc Sean Marinan that Amari Spievey wasn't 1A material...and we all know how that turned out!

Reaction Score
It's a very, very, very good start. He can even coach for us down the road. His love for UConn and Connecticut is great.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
You sure about that Pal...I thought the same thing when Rob Ambose told Xavier HS hc Sean Marinan that Amari Spievey wasn't 1A material...and we all know how that turned out!

We sure do. We have Stewart, Boyle and Marinan (any relation to their HC?) on the roster....

Reaction Score
We sure do. We have Stewart, Boyle and Marinan (any relation to their HC?) on the roster....
Do you not remember that the Spievey issue took place almost 10 yrs ago and that until this year we saw the best kids leaving year in and year out? Like Husky Medic said...it took P and GDL some time to build the relationships that landed these 6 in-state kids! Having Stewart transfer here and offering Marinan a preferred walk-on spot after a coaching change at Yale cost him a spot there were HUGE olive branches to keeping communication lines open with Boyle!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
After Edsall and RA left and PP offered Sean Marinan (coach's son) preferred walk-on spot. It's all about the relationships. PP and GDL rebuilt the bridge.

Exactly. Most mature people don't hold grudges. happens in relationships, and opportunities arise to mend fences.

Look at Butch and HuskyFanDan; they seem to be playing nicer in the sandbox these days....

Reaction Score
After Edsall and RA left and PP offered Sean Marinan (coach's son) preferred walk-on spot. It's all about the relationships. PP and GDL rebuilt the bridge.

Oh and thank god for that. Now we are whole again.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind Stewart transferred.

True, but he was offerred by Florida. Hard to fault any kid for choosing Florida over almost anyone. He came back here even though he could have choosen another local school. The overall point is that Uconn now has a good relationship with the coaches at schools like Xavier. No matter who goes where to play and for what reason, that is a good thing.

Reaction Score
True, but he was offerred by Florida. Hard to fault any kid for choosing Florida over almost anyone. He came back here even though he could have choosen another local school. The overall point is that Uconn now has a good relationship with the coaches at schools like Xavier. No matter who goes where to play and for what reason, that is a good thing.
Boyle was offered by Florida too.

Reaction Score
Boyle was offered by Florida too.

True, and I don't know this off-hand but I think they did take a QB in the class. He stuck with BC even though he had that offer. When he de-committed from BC he didn't seem to be considering Florida anymore. Who knows if the offer was still available or if he was interested in them still. He choose Uconn when all was said and done. Not trying to debate the whole concept here, but it does appear that Uconn is doing better with Xavier than they used to.

Reaction Score
The relationship with Xavier is good because Edsall is not the coach at UConn anymore.

And it's silly to think that a self inflicted fiasco from a kid in Texas will affect us negatively at all down there.

It's really not any more complicated than that.

Reaction Score
The relationship with Xavier is good because Edsall is not the coach at UConn anymore.

It's ridiculous to think a high school coach would try to steer kids away from a school because they don't have a good relationship with the head coach. But it happens. A high school coach's job is to make sure a kid looks at all of his options. Marinan held a petty grudge and came off looking like a crybaby in the papers.

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous to think a high school coach would try to steer kids away from a school because they don't have a good relationship with the head coach. But it happens. A high school coach's job is to make sure a kid looks at all of his options. Marinan held a petty grudge and came off looking like a crybaby in the papers.

Yeah, don't disagree.

Reaction Score

Wouldn't that depend on the reason for the poor relationship? The high school coach might have issues with the way the college coach deals with recruits and/0r players and might not think it is a good environment for his player. If so, I think the high school coach should tell the player his reasons for not encouraging the player to go to commit to that college, but also be fair in stating the potential benefits of of the player committing . V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom