Lagow's Twitter Page | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lagow's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I wasn't part of it but I think the war was over when Mr. "Not mentioning the name" finally stopped posting on The Boneyard.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He just said this on twitter:

@Notmentioningthename: I just want #HuskyNation to know that IF I end up at another school, notice the IF, I would be more disappointed then you all. I promise.

Fixed.

Reaction Score

@RichardLagow: I just want #HuskyNation to know that IF I end up at another school, notice the IF, I would be more disappointed then you all. I promise.

Sorry to say this seems correct. After all the enthusiasm he had promoting the program it seems the coaches are taking a hard line on his tar-di-ness (darn filter!). I was hoping they'd cut him just a litttle slack here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

@RichardLagow: I just want #HuskyNation to know that IF I end up at another school, notice the IF, I would be more disappointed then you all. I promise.
Honestly....what is the point of this? If he would be mroe disappointed than us, sign the stupid NLI and come to UConn. I stayed out of the whole NLI thread mess but this tweet just confounds me. Honestly, who is stopping him from coming here? He was the one who waffled on coming here at the end of the process after being stout in his commitment. Why would he claim to be more disappointed in not coming here than us?

This is why I never followed recruiting to begin with and why I'll probably stop following closely after this whole saga ends. It's just a bunch of drama. The kids 18 and I understand that but don't act like you are being forced to not come here when he was always welcome to come and in line to come. We didn't bring on the second QB until the end of the process when the staff had to cover it's butt.

(I'm going on the assumption here that he still has a scholly offer from UConn)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not exactly sure which side up the most here but I 100% agree that I miss NMTN's (notmentioningthename's) promotion of our program and those 24 young men he thought he'd become brothers with.

If he wanted to sign tonight and PP isn't letting him, then I blame PP. If he's got an open invitation to Storrs and is wavering? I say goodluck and goodbye.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Honestly....what is the point of this? If he would be mroe disappointed than us, sign the stupid NLI and come to UConn. I stayed out of the whole NLI thread mess but this tweet just confounds me. Honestly, who is stopping him from coming here? He was the one who waffled on coming here at the end of the process after being stout in his commitment. Why would he claim to be more disappointed in not coming here than us?

This is why I never followed recruiting to begin with and why I'll probably stop following closely after this whole saga ends. It's just a bunch of drama. The kids 18 and I understand that but don't act like you are being forced to not come here when he was always welcome to come and in line to come. We didn't bring on the second QB until the end of the process when the staff had to cover it's butt.
He spent months looking forward to playing for UConn. Relatively speaking, Boyle was a last minute steal. On top of that, there was a real last minute get of the QB from Georgia. A lot of parameters in his once (relatively) sure decision changed as NLI day approached... He had already started getting to know his recruiting class and everything. So, for all those reasons- I absolutely get why he would feel that way. It's not hard to understand.

That said- lets see how this all plays out.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

(I'm going on the assumption here that he still has a scholly offer from UConn)
He might not be wanted now because he didn't sign that day.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
He spent months looking forward to playing for UConn. Relatively speaking, Boyle was a last minute steal. On top of that, there was a real last minute get of the QB from Georgia. A lot of parameters in his once (relatively) sure decision changed as NLI day approached... He had already started getting to know his recruiting class and everything. So, for all those reasons- I absolutely get why he would feel that way. It's not hard to understand.

That said- lets see how this all plays out.
I understand the addition of the QB from GA as something that shocked him as it surprised us all. However, that would have probably not happened had he signed his NLI and sent it in. Sick or not that doesn't prevent him from signing and faxing it in. He, technically, forced the staff's hand in signing the QB from GA.

He has openly stated now that he always knew that UConn was looking to bring in a second QB so the signing of Boyle should not have made him waver. While it brings in higher level of competiton than what he was probably expecting in a 2nd QB, it shouldn't have made him change his mind that much.

I know he spent months looking forward to playing for UConn. I guess I just can't understand why he would change that decision and then claim to be disappointed if he doesn't go. The only thing that would explain that statement is if he was told by the staff that there is not a spot for him. However, I don't know if they could do that if they sent him a NLI already. I dunno the length on those.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm in the "let's wait and see" crowd also. Having said that, he did a nice job of promoting UConn, and I certainly won't forget that. And more talent on the team is always better than less. But we'll see...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The only thing that would explain that statement is if he was told by the staff that there is not a spot for him. However, I don't know if they could do that if they sent him a NLI already. I dunno the length on those.
This

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Having said that, he did a nice job of promoting UConn, and I certainly won't forget that. And more talent on the team is always better than less. But we'll see...
I agree with this 100%. He did great promoting the program and seemed to be tight with a lot of his future team members. Which is why I'd be disappointed to see him leave or not come. However, I can't not let myself feel that he put himself in this position more than UConn put him in this spot. But we'll see

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm just sayin... Things changed a lot for him with the additions Boyle and Taylor. More so Boyle than Taylor, obviously. And the dream of coming in and being "the man" probably burst a bit.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm just sayin... Things changed a lot for him with the additions Boyle and Taylor. More so Boyle than Taylor, obviously. And the dream of coming in and being "the man" probably burst a bit.

I think this is exactly it. And I think that the first human response (the emotional response, and often the incorrect response) is to say, "Well, f#$k them then." But the logical response should be, "So what? They already have a top-notch CT QB there in Cochran, as well as an incumbent starter with 2 more years of eligibility. If I thought I was good enough to win the spot two weeks ago, I should still be good enough now." I hope that he comes back to the logic of the latter statement and leaves the emotion of the former statement in the dust...

pj

Reaction Score
Yes. Logically it shouldn't matter what other QBs are there. He wants to make the NFL so in reality he's competing with every QB in the country. Whatever school he goes to, he's competing with Tim Boyle. He should really choose the place where he thinks the coaches, facilities, and teammates can best help him become the best QB he can be; and where he can get a good education and enjoy his college experience. But emotions have a momentum of their own. Sometimes once you get upset it's hard to back up and see things in proper proportion.

Reaction Score
He has openly stated now that he always knew that UConn was looking to bring in a second QB so the signing of Boyle should not have made him waver. While it brings in higher level of competiton than what he was probably expecting in a 2nd QB, it shouldn't have made him change his mind that much.

Folks may be forgetting that we had already offered Liam Sallquist (another QB from Ohio) a preferred walk-on spot and he had accepted back a bit. That could be the "second QB" in his mind. Boyle would have made 3. I can't figure out my 16 + half y/o son's thinking most days so I have no clue what another teenager is thinking.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yes. Logically it shouldn't matter what other QBs are there. He wants to make the NFL so in reality he's competing with every QB in the country. Whatever school he goes to, he's competing with Tim Boyle. He should really choose the place where he thinks the coaches, facilities, and teammates can best help him become the best QB he can be; and where he can get a good education and enjoy his college experience. But emotions have a momentum of their own. Sometimes once you get upset it's hard to back up and see things in proper proportion.

Even harder when the person who you trust most gets emotional and upset.

RL - KL = UConn.

IMO

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Even harder when the person who you trust most gets emotional and upset.

RL - KL = UConn.

IMO

Possibly. It's a good point.

I suppose it's still better than that kid from Miami who had his mom confiscate his LOI to Arkansas because she didn't want him to leave home! He had to get his dad to sign with him, and his mom got a lawyer to fight it......from the law offices of Johnny Cochran! Reality really is stranger than fiction...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ns-signs-with-arkansas-mother-hires-attorney/

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I wasn't part of it but I think the war was over when Mr. "Not mentioning the name" finally stopped posting on The Boneyard.
It's a blessing and a curse when parents post on this site. It's great for those of us without contacts in the program who get some inside info and fun to chat with the parents of some incredible student athletes who have honored us by wearing the blue & white. It's a shame that there comes a day when things don't go well and a message board becomes, well, a message board. Which means that posters will criticize the coaches, players, administration and each other. You have to have a thick skin to be a parent of a player and regularly visit this site.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think, as a majority, we all believe RL should be a Husky. If he will be is a very different story.

I also think my friend HFD is going to have a field day with Tommy Boy spelling it "Huskie"!

He may be quad-polar but HFD has a very valid point about the lack of promotion of the UConn brand.

im letting it go because both of his parents are bred blue so i figure his dad will adress the issue 2moro...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's a blessing and a curse when parents post on this site. It's great for those of us without contacts in the program who get some inside info and fun to chat with the parents of some incredible student athletes who have honored us by wearing the blue & white. It's a shame that there comes a day when things don't go well and a message board becomes, well, a message board. Which means that posters will criticize the coaches, players, administration and each other. You have to have a thick skin to be a parent of a player and regularly visit this site.

I agree, HP.

I think the difference is that the parent of a UConn football player should be encouraged to post here. Not only is that needed but it's essential and necessary.

I've been lucky enough to see every home game at The Rent, every bowl game and away games at Virginia, ND and Michigan. That gave me the opportunity to become "friendly" with the likes of the Brown, Lutrus, Lorenzen, Teggart and Griffin families, among others.

I'll never forget my buddy and I renting a Cadillac in 2007 to make the trip to UVA. We walked through an endless sea of Virginia fans without seeing any sign of The University of Connecticut. Out of nowhere we came upon the tailgate of Mr. Brown, Mr.Lutrus and Desi Cullen's family. They made us feel so welcome that I still get wet when I think about that day. We barely lost that game but it was my first taste of UConn playing big time ball.

I remember we all made fun of the entire UVA fanbase because "Hey There Delilah" was on a loop at every tailgate, even though it was already overplayed and old news back home.

I've been blizzard drinking since noon so I'm not exactly sure what my point is. My best guess is that UConn Football parents who post here should be respected and revered.

Parents of "potential" Huskies should be respected but ignored.

Newman!!!!.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32