Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn! | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

You understand that the big difference in that game was the lack of a UConn bench. When we had to sit guys with fouls the talent dropped off. I believe even Beverly saw minutes in that game . One more quality player and certainly Dyson was a quality player might have swung the balance in our favor.
As long as Dyson subjected himself to Prices leadership which he had done all year he was a terrific asset. His problem especially his disappointing senior year was a conflict for leadership between
he an Kemba. He saw himself in a role he lacked the skill set for.
Jerome was not the guy you want making key decisions especially at crunch time.
Not much to argue here. AJ was really smart and knew how to handle guys and their stubbornness/egos - Jerome would have put that to the test under the bright tournament lights and Stanley's production would have dramatically fallen off due to the Jerome dynamic I have hinted at without getting into details.

C

Chief00

Dyson scored 14 points vs. San Diego in the first round NCAA game during his sophomore year, which was a little above his 12.5 ppg scoring average for the entire season. We lost that game by one point in OT. It was clearly a team loss, and certainly not a game where you could point to Dyson as the primary reason for the L. Then you cherry pick one bad game vs USF (actually, it was against St. John's in the BET) a season later, in which he had nine turnovers, as a predictor of how he would have played against Michigan State a year before that? That also wasn't the last game of his career, as he played in two NIT games afterward, a win over Northeastern in which he was the game high scorer with 18 points, and a loss to VA Tech on the road, in which he scored 15 points. By your logic, I could cherry pick his career high 32 point performance vs. No. 1 Texas during his senior year as the reason he would have led us to the national championship in 2009. That's just as dumb as your logic.

In three postseason tournament games, 1 NCAA and 2 NIT, the guy averaged almost 16 ppg, which was slightly more than his overall career average at UConn of 14.4 ppg. I think you need to look elsewhere for evidence that he wouldn't likely have contributed vs. Michigan State.

What I get out of your post is it's all about the NIT - since 1991 UConn MBB goal has been about winning games in the NCAA tournament after winning the conference. Even with your NIT focus, Jerome split two games there and lost his only NCAA game. Sorry, that's not what we aspire to.

C

Chief00

That team had one loss on the year with Dyson Chief and absolutely smoked Louisville in Louisville in one of the greatest regular season games ever played by a UConn team. Bottomline they were a better team with Dyson the proof is in the record.
If he was so great he would have won at least one NCAA tournament game in 4 years.

Reaction Score
He is 22, will turn 23 at the end of next month. Your post is stupid.
Very helpful! You really bring a lot of fun to the UConn community!

If I understand correctly, what you're saying is, we don't know why he'll be 23, instead of the 21 or 22 that we would expect? Given what we do know is that there was one post grad year, one year playing JUCO, and one year fixing his grades at JUCO, he should be either 20 or 21 under "normal" circumstances. So he either turned 20 the year after graduating high school, or there are one or more years unaccounted for after high school.

Was he in prison for a year? Did he get held back twice? This wasn't intended as an indictment of his ability to play basketball at the age of 22. I'm sure that's a terrific age for basketball playing! It was, though, a legitimate inquiry regarding any knowledge other posters on these lovely forums might have of this guy's whereabouts for the 4 years that have elapsed since he would have normally been playing college basketball and now.

Reaction Score
That team had one loss on the year with Dyson Chief and absolutely smoked Louisville in Louisville in one of the greatest regular season games ever played by a UConn team. Bottomline they were a better team with Dyson the proof is in the record.
The '09 team was better with Dyson in support, however the '10 team with Dyson the leader was not good & vs St.Johns in BE tourney Dyson was a complete disaster.

Reaction Score
Was he in prison for a year? Did he get held back twice? This wasn't intended as an indictment of his ability to play basketball at the age of 22. I'm sure that's a terrific age for basketball playing! It was, though, a legitimate inquiry regarding any knowledge other posters on these lovely forums might have of this guy's whereabouts for the 4 years that have elapsed since he would have normally been playing college basketball and now.
I heard he was abducted by aliens and experimented on.....thus his abnormal jumping ability.

Reaction Score
I am a little worry that he is spending the rest of the summer trying to get his vertical to 48inches. His should ben reporting to storrs for basketball skills instead. He is obvious obsessed with lenght. You need to be smooth also

Reaction Score
Very helpful! You really bring a lot of fun to the UConn community!

If I understand correctly, what you're saying is, we don't know why he'll be 23, instead of the 21 or 22 that we would expect? Given what we do know is that there was one post grad year, one year playing JUCO, and one year fixing his grades at JUCO, he should be either 20 or 21 under "normal" circumstances. So he either turned 20 the year after graduating high school, or there are one or more years unaccounted for after high school.

It was said a bunch of times in the thread he is 22 and will be 23 before the season starts, so you post he's 23 and will be 24 before the season starts. Now you are asking if he was in prison for a year.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You ought to hear what my wife calls me after 32 years... no harm, no foul.

That's because you no longer bring an
Not much to argue here. AJ was really smart and knew how to handle guys and their stubbornness/egos - Jerome would have put that to the test under the bright tournament lights and Stanley's production would have dramatically fallen off due to the Jerome dynamic I have hinted at without getting into details.

I got no dog in the fight, but despite AJP's early career 'dalliance', that was kid whom dudes lined up to follow.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am a little worry that he is spending the rest of the summer trying to get his vertical to 48inches. His should ben reporting to storrs for basketball skills instead. He is obvious obsessed with lenght. You need to be smooth also

He's going to be in storrs so I wouldn't sweat it

Let jump man jump.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I'm just gonna say, we always wonder "how do schools like Gonzaga do it?" and I feel like it's by getting recruits like this, from unorthodox sources. I have a good feeling about this.

Agreed. And even if he isn't great, nothing bad about having a guy at the end of your bench being able jump out of the gym.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We live for the hints.

Reaction Score
Agreed. And even if he isn't great, nothing bad about having a guy at the end of your bench being able jump out of the gym.

His video of the quick bounce back jumps for tips to keep it alive is something you can't teach. He's always going to be around he rim if the rebound stays tight and that's a good thing. Quick to get back up is a really good thing. Just need to be sure he's not over the back, can defend people on the defensive end and understands the whole help concept as well as we know it's not all about jumping. But like what I see and hear.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
His video of the quick bounce back jumps for tips to keep it alive is something you can't teach. He's always going to be around he rim if the rebound stays tight and that's a good thing. Quick to get back up is a really good thing. Just need to be sure he's not over the back, can defend people on the defensive end and understands the whole help concept as well as we know it's not all about jumping. But like what I see and hear.

As I said before, Rodman became a hall of famer on the back of skills like that.

Reaction Score
He's going to be in storrs so I wouldn't sweat it

Let jump man jump.
This kid is tough if he could spend the summer in Yuma
It's the hot spot of AZ .
People from Yuma go to Phoenix when the summer gets too hot.
If he has a chance to go to CT
it's amazing he is not gone yet,
Probably a women
Coming from Alaska he probably thinks Arizona is the only place with women . He will soon find out the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom