KO on Mustapha Heron | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KO on Mustapha Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People from Waterbury will tell you, apparently his father got paid around 300k for Heron to attend Auburn. Gotta take everything with a grain of salt but that's the word around the camp fire.
I'll take it with a grain of salt....Bruce Pearl is the most honest coach....wait...nevermind.

Reaction Score
I think its naive to say "he just wanted to get out of connecticut" like we are talking about some kid going to school in new hampshire or pa to get away from their parents, he/his father had no connection to the staff or relationship from the beginning. It wasn't a 'change of scenery' as much poor fit.

We are going to sit here and act like a 5 star born in ct playing hs in ct, had zero interest in uconn even as a freshman in hs is entirely normal?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No you guys got it all wrong. As a kid playing on courts around CT he dreamed of putting in the orange and navy and leading powerhouse Auburn to its first tournament berth in several years :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think its naive to say "he just wanted to get out of connecticut" like we are talking about some kid going to school in new hampshire or pa to get away from their parents, he/his father had no connection to the staff or relationship from the beginning. It wasn't a 'change of scenery' as much poor fit.

We are going to sit here and act like a 5 star born in ct playing hs in ct, had zero interest in uconn even as a freshman in hs is entirely normal?
Yes it is normal for some.. There are things not to like about UConn as there are things not to like about all schools. I'm old enough to remember when we missed most of the best kids in the state: Tom Roy, Rod Foster, John Pinone, Wes Matthews, Harold Priestly, Mike Gminski and a long list of others. I'm grateful for the Connecticut players we do get but I'm not surprised when we miss one.

Reaction Score
I'm sure a $acred Heart contengent will be there cheering him on. What is going on at that school us unreal. There are now out of state players playing there and not hiding where they are from.
It's what other Catholic Northeast schools have been doing for years. Since Carroll took over there he is making them a Northeast power. Team is loaded now.

Reaction Score
This thread is a poor reflection on some fans. Heron is a good kid, he didn't want to play here, who cares? It's not a poor reflection on anyone, just a kid who wanted to play somewhere else. Seems to be working out just fine for him, leads his team in scoring and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Yes it is normal for some.. There are things not to like about UConn as there are things not to like about all schools. I'm old enough to remember when we missed most of the best kids in the state: Tom Roy, Rod Foster, John Pinone, Wes Matthews, Harold Priestly, Mike Gminski and a long list of others. I'm grateful for the Connecticut players we do get but I'm not surprised when we miss one.
good point, i'm a little younger to remember some of those guys. just thought herons recruitment was strange didn't mean to throw shade at him

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Pitt is out of CT too but a hell of a lot better basketball school than Auburn which wasn't great even when they had Charles Barkley. I get wanting to go away but a top 10 recruit could do way better than Auburn.

Reaction Score
People from Waterbury will tell you, apparently his father got paid around 300k for Heron to attend Auburn. Gotta take everything with a grain of salt but that's the word around the camp fire.

This 100%.

Reaction Score
What's a thread without 7774's signature commentary on everyone else's posts.

Do me a favor buddy and go look at your own post history, and link me a single post from the last week that wasn't you just passing your judgements on what you think of other posters or their posts. You are a miserable clown, and don't provide an iota of the insight to this board. One post of me being frank in my opinion on Heron doesn't change the 2400 posts before it.
Northeastern up 2 on Mich St w 16 to play

And your post on Heron wasn't frank, it was idiotic, just like your other 2400 posts. I get it's not your fault though, you can only play the genetic hand you're dealt.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Northeastern up 2 on Mich St w 16 to play

And your post on Heron wasn't frank, it was idiotic, just like your other 2400 posts. I get it's not your fault though, you can only play the genetic hand you're dealt.

LMAO!!! You had to go back several days to find a post that consisted on 2 words? Wow I really couldn't have asked for a better result to that, I was half trolling but this is gold.

From now on I'm gonna quote any post of yours that is just signature 7774, consider me your new boneyard stalker.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
No problem, I can tell you're struggling. This cool guy act of yours isn't working.
Yea you are right, to be as cool as you I need to be a drunken mess courtside wearing a FEDORA!!! What a tool :D

Reaction Score
2 (maybe 3 if Alabama counts) out of 5 schools that offered are known for paying players.

Interesting.

Reaction Score

Correct me I'd I'm wrong, but isn't it the father that is hosting some the out of state players at $acred Heart?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Lmao sure

Reaction Score
LMAO!!! You had to go back several days to find a post that consisted on 2 words? Wow I really couldn't have asked for a better result to that, I was half trolling but this is gold.

From now on I'm gonna quote any post of yours that is just signature 7774, consider me your new boneyard stalker.
Yeah man , I just picked that one because a three word post is the funniest example of what you were asking for. If you weren't 30 IQ points shy of stupid you would probably grasp that.

And what type of way is this to talk to a person who just did you a favor after you asked for one?

Reaction Score
Auburn never gets recruits. Auburn never is a basketball power. Auburn hires Bruce Pearl....Bruce Pearl. Bruce signs a boatload of 4 and 5 star recruits last year. I have no info whatever so ever on why all these high profile recruits decided to go there, but you got to admit it sure doesn't add up to "yup sounds about right to me"

Reaction Score
Auburn never gets recruits. Auburn never is a basketball power. Auburn hires Bruce Pearl....Bruce Pearl. Bruce signs a boatload of 4 and 5 star recruits last year. I have no info whatever so ever on why all these high profile recruits decided to go there, but you got to admit it sure doesn't add up to "yup sounds about right to me"

Seems like the SEC in general has a formula of knowing how to pull this stuff off.

Reaction Score
Auburn is known proven payers of players. While you can't accuse anyone specifically of taking money, the school has a history of being caught shelling out cash, so when there's an influx of high caliber players going there suddenly, when they weren't going there before, it is more than fair to speculate.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some shenanigans going on, but you can say that about a lot of places. Pearl is a charismatic guy who has proven he can coach. He's at Auburn, not Fordham. The SEC might not be a basketball hotbed but they've proven that you can build something there with the right coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom