KO on Mustapha Heron | The Boneyard

KO on Mustapha Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought that was pretty well known that he had no interest in playing/staying in CT for college.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
For those wondering why we didn't recruit him harder:

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I prefer Calhoun's presser F bomb tirade when asked about Ryan Gomes' recruitment, which shall live on forever in YouTube and internet infamy. It's also useful for removing wallpaper.

Reaction Score
Heron always made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Connecticut..how much influence his dad had on that opinion nobody knows
it was especially strange after KO won a title, heron was a known local product and his family/team/handlers wanted nothing to do with storrs.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Hartford crowd will remember this when his name is announced tomorrow.

I'm sure a $acred Heart contengent will be there cheering him on. What is going on at that school us unreal. There are now out of state players playing there and not hiding where they are from.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't think any substantial info about his recruitment has came out, besides what KO just said. Maybe this is just me, but I'll always root for CT kids, no matter where they go.
Really? Because if I'm being honest, it's probably my UConn goggles fogging my view but how can a kid who loves basketball, played it his entire life while living in the State of CT not seriously consider UConn???

Same goes for guys like Tremont who I know we backed off of but then came back in for but word was he was never really considering UConn. It's like a kid growing up playing basketball in the state of Kansas and having no interest in playing for the Jawhawks. It's just a complete headscratcher to me and presents a type of mentality you don't want in the Huskies locker room, a clear lack of critical thinking skills and logic.

Reaction Score
It's just a complete headscratcher to me and presents a type of mentality you don't want in the Huskies locker room, a clear lack of critical thinking skills and logic.

It's funny that you think this reflects a "clear lack of critical thinking skills and logic" rather than the fact that some kid's opinion is just different than yours. Some kids want to get away from home for college. Doesn't mean they'd be a problem in the locker room or can't think critically. You're projecting your own dreams onto random 18 year olds.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
It's funny that you think this reflects a "clear lack of critical thinking skills and logic" rather than the fact that some kid's opinion is just different than yours. Some kids want to get away from home for college. Doesn't mean they'd be a problem in the locker room or can't think critically. You're projecting your own dreams onto random 18 year olds.
Thanks for clearing that up

Reaction Score
Lmao. If CT kids don't pick UConn they can't think for themselves. It's almost like they don't realize you can't get to the NBA if you don't go to UMass, or Providence. Or God forbid they pick someplace like USC, who would want to go to that hellhole? With the women, the beaches, the weather, etc.

Some kids want to get away from CT. There's nothing wrong with that. Most of our college graduates don't stay, and most who go to college out of state don't come back. So why would an athlete be any different.

Reaction Score
Really? Because if I'm being honest, it's probably my UConn goggles fogging my view but how can a kid who loves basketball, played it his entire life while living in the State of CT not seriously consider UConn???

Same goes for guys like Tremont who I know we backed off of but then came back in for but word was he was never really considering UConn. It's like a kid growing up playing basketball in the state of Kansas and having no interest in playing for the Jawhawks. It's just a complete headscratcher to me and presents a type of mentality you don't want in the Huskies locker room, a clear lack of critical thinking skills and logic.

Heron made is known very early he had zero interest going to college in CT. It had nothing to do with UConn he grew up here and went to high school here but wanted to go somewhere outside of Connecticut to experience something else.

Don't understand how you can hate on a kid and throw shade at him for wanting to experience a new setting for college

Reaction Score
Lmao. If CT kids don't pick UConn they can't think for themselves. It's almost like they don't realize you can't get to the NBA if you don't go to UMass, or Providence. Or God forbid they pick someplace like USC, who would want to go to that hellhole? With the women, the beaches, the weather, etc.

Some kids want to get away from CT. There's nothing wrong with that. Most of our college graduates don't stay, and most who go to college out of state don't come back. So why would an athlete be any different.
USC is in a crap area. Now Pepperdine is a different story.

Reaction Score
Lol so many white knights. Yea you guys are right, Auburn under Bruce Pearl is the type of "different experience" 5 star recruits usually dream of. I repeat, he's a bum.

If you have never been there or other sec campuses your opinion means squat. Pretty sure it's ranked on top 10 most beautiful campuses year in and out. Not to mention the SEC football atmosphere and women

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You always find a way to come up with the least thoughtful take possible on every subject.
What's a thread without 7774's signature commentary on everyone else's posts.

Do me a favor buddy and go look at your own post history, and link me a single post from the last week that wasn't you just passing your judgements on what you think of other posters or their posts. You are a miserable clown, and don't provide an iota of the insight to this board. One post of me being frank in my opinion on Heron doesn't change the 2400 posts before it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Grown man not only holds grudges against 18 year olds for not wanting to play basketball for the college he roots for, but thinks it's a reflection of their lack of critical thinking skills, can't understand why others don't feel the same. That and more at 11.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Grown man not only holds grudges against 18 year olds for not wanting to play basketball for the college he roots for, but thinks it's a reflection of their lack of critical thinking skills, can't understand why others don't feel the same. That and more at 11.
Cool "subtweet" dude. Also thinking someone is a bum is far from holding a grudge. I actually forgot about this kid until this thread, but I'm glad you and your high horse made an appearance as always. Cheers.

Reaction Score
What's the big deal about a kid wanting to leave the area and go to college elsewhere....jeez...you only get to be a 18 yr old college freshman once. A little distance never hurt anyone.....I'm not a fan of the state of Alabama per say but to each his own, you only live once.

That said if Diallo goes to college and it's not UConn he's freaking nuts!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom