Klay Thompson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Klay Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is unfair for a guy who shoots the way he does normally to get into the zone like that. As a defender there is nothing you can do. 60 points in only 29 minutes. I honestly thought that was a typo when I saw it.

Reaction Score
Charles "Skip Bayless" Barkley

This isn't as far-fetched as it sounds. His Offensive ability combined with his Defensive skills.......I put him in the top six (at least). Durant, KL, Curry, Westbrook, Klay...with LeBron leading the pack.

Reaction Score
This isn't as far-fetched as it sounds. His Offensive ability combined with his Defensive skills..I put him in the top six (at least). Durant, KL, Curry, Westbrook, Klay...with LeBron leading the pack.

I don't see any argument to be made for Klay being above Harden, AD and especially CP3. He is an amazing fit with the Dubs but if you start a team from scratch, I can't even select Klay over the 2nd tier of stars like PG, Blake, Boogie, etc.

Reaction Score
He's in the top 10, a lock down defender and great scorer/shooter. Which was why it would have been great when those C's trade rumors

Bradley, Rozier, Jaylen Brown and the Nets 2017 pick

Barkley says Klay is NBA's second best player! behind Lebron.

Reaction Score
I don't see any argument to be made for Klay being above Harden, AD and especially CP3. He is an amazing fit with the Dubs but if you start a team from scratch, I can't even select Klay over the 2nd tier of stars like PG, Blake, Boogie, etc.

He is more efficient than Harden and more dynamic than CP3 (but if building a team from scratch I would also take the best pure PG over Klay). You lost me with Boogie. Having composure is part of being great. Boogie has the composure of a suicidal ally cat. Plus, he has played in a meaningful game in his entire career. Let me see him be great when it counts before mixing his name with the others on my list.

Reaction Score
He is more efficient than Harden and more dynamic than CP3 (but if building a team from scratch I would also take the best pure PG over Klay). You lost me with Boogie. Having composure is part of being great. Boogie has the composure of a suicidal ally cat. Plus, he has played in a meaningful game in his entire career. Let me see him be great when it counts before mixing his name with the others on my list.

I would never want Boogie on my team but his talent is undeniable. He is a hard player to rank. I would love to see him one day in a good locker room with a coach who demands his respect and can hold him accountable.

Reaction Score
I would never want Boogie on my team but his talent is undeniable. He is a hard player to rank. I would love to see him one day in a good locker room with a coach who demands his respect and can hold him accountable.

His talent is undeniable. But talent without focus and purpose is just a waste.

Reaction Score
he isn't more efficient than the Beard, check their TS%s. Harden is just in another league as far as playmaking and consistent star level play. his numbers are just ridiculous, and the rockets are must see tv.

CP3 is so overrated, guy has done nothing in his career in the playoffs but is deemed untouchable. he is turning 32 , i would sell high on him if i was doc. not gonna happen though.

Reaction Score

Yeah this, basically. I'd love to see what he could do on a decent team with a good coach. I don't think he has any sort of personality defect - I just think he's been on a bunch of terrible teams.

Reaction Score
Yeah this, basically. I'd love to see what he could do on a decent team with a good coach. I don't think he has any sort of personality defect - I just think he's been on a bunch of terrible teams.
I think cousins moodiness is unsettling, the guy in my avatar has probably been fed up with it for a while. but I was watching the knicks play the other day and saw this,

had a bunch of flashbacks of old horrible teammates of my past. guy cusses people out every game, i remember him stopping IT from saying hello to cp3 after a game ha.

Reaction Score

"Defect" is strong but I think there's more to it than him simply being on bad teams, no? I honestly have no idea what would happen with him in a different situation. There is a lot to suggest that he's a b**** to coach and even harder to play with. Then again, he wouldn't be the first star to meet those qualifications.

By all accounts he is a good guy and pretty much has been since his Kentucky days. I wonder if he's on that Brandon Marshall spectrum of guys who harbor an undiagnosed personality disorder.

Reaction Score
The LeBron from games 5-7 in the finals, yeah, but he's logged too many miles to be that guy every night like Draymond is. I think Kawhi is the best 1 on 1 defender in the game but he can't guard five positions like Draymond can.

It's cute how people still mention LeBron in these discussions like it's 2011. That being said I'd still take Kawhi over Draymond defensively.

I'd definitely rather have Draymond between he and Klay. Draymond does just about everything above average-excellent, whereas Klay has 1 phenomenal skill, one very good skill, and is below average at everything else. I don't think Draymond would be as good on most other teams, but I don't think Klay could be the #1 option on a team either, he lacks the ball handling and ability to penetrate/get to the line that a real legit #1 needs.

Reaction Score

Both of you are forgetting Kawhi too. I think Klay is realistically top 15-20.

Reaction Score

Pretty much this. There's not much difference between Boogie and Draymond attitude wise, other than 1 being on a dynastic team and the other being on a bunch of terrible teams.

Reaction Score
It's cute how people still mention LeBron in these discussions like it's 2011. That being said I'd still take Kawhi over Draymond defensively.

I'd definitely rather have Draymond between he and Klay. Draymond does just about everything above average-excellent, whereas Klay has 1 phenomenal skill, one very good skill, and is below average at everything else. I don't think Draymond would be as good on most other teams, but I don't think Klay could be the #1 option on a team either, he lacks the ball handling and ability to penetrate/get to the line that a real legit #1 needs.
So kawhi has been better than green this year on defense, is that what you're contending? Because that's just false. Not a surprising take from you, your track record here posting about the league revolves on spewing lebron hate or talking about games you didn't even watch.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked so many people have Draymond at or above Klay. Draymond is a very good player who somehow vaulted into top 5 or 10 material in some peoples minds. it's bizarre to me, kind of like when some thought Noah was borderline top 5 in the league a few years ago.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked so many people have Draymond at or above Klay. Draymond is a very good player who somehow vaulted into top 5 or 10 material in some peoples minds. it's bizarre to me, kind of like when some thought Noah was borderline top 5 in the league a few years ago.
draymond and klay are not top 15 players in this league IMO. Klay specifically gets overrated for his scoring spectacles, the idea he is anywhere as good as harden is preposterous to me. I honestly think jimmy butler is much better than klay, i also spend a lot of time thinking what if they made that trade straight up?

Reaction Score
draymond and klay are not top 15 players in this league IMO. Klay specifically gets overrated for his scoring spectacles, the idea he is anywhere as good as harden is preposterous to me. I honestly think jimmy butler is much better than klay, i also spend a lot of time thinking what if they made that trade straight up?

Klay's defense is what gets overrated, IMO, not his scoring. He wouldn't be Harden as a #1 option but he'd be close. Dude is capable of playing pick and roll ball but it obviously makes more sense to use him differently in Golden State.

I think there are two different Draymond's...the center, and the forward. The center is a top 15 player, but he can't play center full-time.

Reaction Score
So kawhi has been better than green this year on defense, is that what you're contending? Because that's just false. Not a surprising take from you, your track record here posting about the league revolves on spewing lebron hate or talking about games you didn't even watch.

You might be the only guy on the planet that would not only think Draymond is a better defender than Kawhi, but then actually try to insult somebody for saying Kawhi is better. Kawhi also shut down Jimmy Butler tonight, so I'm not even sure what the hell you're trying to say about his defense this season.

Reaction Score

It's equally as astounding to me that people in this thread consider Klay a top 5 player when he's below average in every facet but 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom