Klay Thompson | The Boneyard

Klay Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Klay is the type of dude who can drop 40 in a quarter but go -40 +/- in a seven-game Finals series

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How many points would the warriors score if they played zone in the NBA? Would they be able to get to 200?

Reaction Score
Wilt 2.08 points per minute in his 100 point game

Klay 2.07 ppm last night.

Incredible

Reaction Score
Was this statistically more impressive than his 37 pt third quarter? I really enjoyed that one.

Reaction Score
There's an argument to be had either way.

He also looks like the PBS logo.
or an easter island statue
tumblr_mhwu8aG5851qk4a0ho1_1280.jpg

Reaction Score
Third best.
he is more important than draymond? I'm not really sure, i think DG is what makes the team go. He guards everyone, passes, sets screens. Klay is a monster though. wonder what he would look like having a team to himself a la harden

Reaction Score
There's an argument to be had either way.

He also looks like the PBS logo.
I find Draymond to be a bit overrated, really good jack of all trades player but I don't see him as a superstar. Klay is a superstar, best two way shooting guard in the league IMO.

Reaction Score
he is more important than draymond? I'm not really sure, i think DG is what makes the team go. He guards everyone, passes, sets screens. Klay is a monster though. wonder what he would look like having a team to himself a la harden
Draymond is perfect for GS but he couldn't be a #1 option anywhere, not even sure he could be a #2 anywhere. Klay is #1 almost anywhere and the perfect #2. He's also getting the toughest assignments on D. Still don't think people realize how good this guy is, he has two of the best offensive performances ever.

Reaction Score
Draymond is perfect for GS but he couldn't be a #1 option anywhere, not even sure he could be a #2 anywhere. Klay is #1 almost anywhere and the perfect #2. He's also getting the toughest assignments on D. Still don't think people realize how good this guy is, he has two of the best offensive performances ever.

Also Klay has a pretty compact "natural shooting motion" compared to draymond. He hasn't even kicked anyone in the head, nuts, or broken their fingers. I'm impressed ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Had 60 points through three quarters tonight, 29 minutes of play. Nobody gets in the zone like this guy.

Maybe Pistol Pete would have something to say about that
Remember when he played there was no 3 pt shot

Reaction Score
@superjohn respectfully disagree, I think Klay is overrated defensively. Draymond, on the other hand, is the most impactful defeensive player in the league in my opinion. I think if you replace Klay on this Warriors team with somebody like, say, J.J. Redick, they lose way less than they do than if you swap Draymond for somebody like Al Horford (and Horford is a terrific player).

Draymond definitely isn't a #1 option, but I think his game is such that he makes other guys #1 options who might not be otherwise. Put him on a squad like the Blazers and that team becomes illegal.

Reaction Score
@superjohn respectfully disagree, I think Klay is overrated defensively. Draymond, on the other hand, is the most impactful defeensive player in the league in my opinion. I think if you replace Klay on this Warriors team with somebody like, say, J.J. Redick, they lose way less than they do than if you swap Draymond for somebody like Al Horford (and Horford is a terrific player).

Draymond definitely isn't a #1 option, but I think his game is such that he makes other guys #1 options who might not be otherwise. Put him on a squad like the Blazers and that team becomes illegal.

This seems like a huge instance of hyperbole to me. I think I may be too biased against Draymond to see this comparison objectively (because he is objectively a punk) but I think Klay is slightly more important for them. The offense would be continue to be stupid without Draymond and just fine on D if they were able to replace him with a rim protecting role player big (preferably, who could pass decently). Think a Robin Lopez type. Losing a top 5 shooter of all time who can D up the best perimeter player is more important IMO. And their offense is so good because they may have the best 3 shooters in the league, not because Draymond is an above average passer.

Reaction Score
This seems like a huge instance of hyperbole to me. I think I may be too biased against Draymond to see this comparison objectively (because he is objectively a punk) but I think Klay is slightly more important for them. The offense would be continue to be stupid without Draymond and just fine on D if they were able to replace him with a rim protecting role player big (preferably, who could pass decently). Think a Robin Lopez type. Losing a top 5 shooter of all time who can D up the best perimeter player is more important IMO. And their offense is so good because they may have the best 3 shooters in the league, not because Draymond is an above average passer.

I think it's clear that we need to dedicate an entire thread to this where all of the boneyard heavyweights battle it out on this topic. As somebody who may be too biased in favor of Draymond because he is objectively a lovable human being, I still think he is more important to them (however in saying that I am assuming he won't continue to shoot sub-30% from three) because of how valuable he is in initiating those 4 on 3s when teams swarm Curry ball screens. Robin Lopez is not going to have nearly the same effect.

Reaction Score
I think it's clear that we need to dedicate an entire thread to this where all of the boneyard heavyweights battle it out on this topic. As somebody who may be too biased in favor of Draymond because he is objectively a lovable human being, I still think he is more important to them (however in saying that I am assuming he won't continue to shoot sub-30% from three) because of how valuable he is in initiating those 4 on 3s when teams swarm Curry ball screens. Robin Lopez is not going to have nearly the same effect.

We are clearly starting a huge distance away based on the bolded.

I just think they would have enough playmaking with a Curry Klay AI Durant Generic Center lineup to mitigate the loss of Draymond's playmaking. And I think Klay is better than you think on D but I am not 100% confident on that opinion. Its obviously close between the 2 of them. And this is also assuming that Andre isn't as toast as he has looked many nights - if he is, Draymond's importance is probably even greater. Lot of moving parts on this comparison...you clearly can't compare them in a vacuum.

Its funny how irrational and newly formed my dislike of Draymond is. I was fully on the bandwagon last year and really bummed they lost to the Cavs last year and now I am retroactively happy that they lost, and that it was largely because of Draymond's immaturity in getting suspended. Silly, I know, but his cheap shots through the playoffs and the beginning of the season (and his phony excuses) have bummed me out.

Reaction Score

There this guy LeBron James and kawhi leonard who have something to say about that

Reaction Score
There this guy LeBron James and kawhi leonard who have something to say about that

The LeBron from games 5-7 in the finals, yeah, but he's logged too many miles to be that guy every night like Draymond is. I think Kawhi is the best 1 on 1 defender in the game but he can't guard five positions like Draymond can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom