Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kimani Young - New Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
On the A Dime Back podcast, Sterling said that the first time he truly considered graduate transferring to UConn was when he read online rumors about himself and UConn. Gibbs said reading speculation about himself was what sowed the seeds in his head that UConn would be a good fit.

And people say that nothing positive comes out of BY speculation.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
On the A Dime Back podcast, Sterling said that the first time he truly considered graduate transferring to UConn was when he read online rumors about himself and UConn. Gibbs said reading speculation about himself was what sowed the seeds in his head that UConn would be a good fit.

Here he is, doing the same thing in turn for Washington. Truly a great Husky.
Do you have a link?

Reaction Score
Me neither.
I don't like the win at all cost crap that might be going on behind the scenes. Broadus was instrumental in lowering academic standards for his recruits at SUNY-Binghamton. He pressured a college professor to give passing grade to his student "athletes". One was selling crack/cocaine to students on campus. He sue when the school fired him and settled for 1.2 million. Hurley should be limited to one and only one coach with a shady background.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley should be limited to one and only one coach with a shady background.

Would hardly call Kimani's background "shady". He made one mistake as a young man, a huge one, but he paid for it and then some. And has more than proved his worth as a coach, mentor and a man since. Given the way he's handled everything, he should be admired, not dubbed "shady".

Reaction Score
I don't like the win at all cost crap that might be going on behind the scenes. Broadus was instrumental in lowering academic standards for his recruits at SUNY-Binghamton. He pressured a college professor to give passing grade to his student "athletes". One was selling crack/cocaine to students on campus. He sue when the school fired him and settled for 1.2 million. Hurley should be limited to one and only one coach with a shady background.
I thought you were rooting for st johns

Reaction Score
Right, if it was up to you we’d go 12-20 next year under Ollie.

Reaction Score
Would hardly call Kimani's background "shady". He made one mistake as a young man, a huge one, but he paid for it and then some. And has more than proved his worth as a coach, mentor and a man since. Given the way he's handled everything, he should be admired, not dubbed "shady".

Especially with the way he lost his wife so tragically and has gone about raising his kids and finding his way in life.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I guarantee you Young’s story is something recruits are going to hear a lot about. His life experiences might allow us to take some chances on kids who need some guidance.

That or it just proves he has the resolve to work hard, and we should admire what it took for him to get to this level.

C

Chief00

Aren’t we under NCAA investigation under the former coach. I am not knocking KO - just putting things in context.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Even with the understamdable concerns raised by the factual content you presented, I think both your first and last sentences are unwarranted.

Curious: what's the meaning of your handle? West Hartford doctor, white dentist, or something else?

Reaction Score
Even with the understamdable concerns raised by the factual content you presented, I think both your first and last sentences are unwarranted.

Curious: what's the meaning of your handle? West Hartford doctor, white dentist, or something else?
actually u r right. I apologize to Coach Young for calling him shady. It was only marijuana and he did it when he was barely out of high school. I have a family member in jail for defrauding people who were putting all their savings to buy their first home. His actions is actually much lower and my family still thinks that he is a great guy. My moniker is West Hartford MD. I was the UCONNMD guy in the comments section for the Hartford Courant till 2017.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
actually u r right. I apologize to Coach Young for calling him shady. It was only marijuana and he did it when he was barely out of high school. I have a family member in jail for defrauding people who were putting all their savings to buy their first home. His actions is actually much lower and my family still thinks that he is a great guy. My moniker is West Hartford MD. I was the UCONNMD guy in the comments section for the Hartford Courant till 2017.
My father was a lifelong UConn fan, and though medical his office was on Woodland St., we lived in West Hartford. Thanks for your response.

Reaction Score
there is literally no way you're a doctor.

Reaction Score
Doctors are the third leading cause of death in America behind heart disease and cancer
well if he were a doctor that stat would make sense. he'd probably account for most of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom