Kiffin Fired | The Boneyard

Kiffin Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But sources here have said repeatedly that coaches aren't let go mid-season. I need a link cause I'd hate to think the guys arguing that Pasqualoser should allowed to keep digging were wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was fast.

They told him on the flight back.

Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers. UCONN should seriously consider hiring Kifflin. Accept the fact it would be a short term hire; probably 2 years at most. He's a good recruiter with SEC ties. IF UCONN really wants a good program and a move to decent conference this would be a good first step.

Reaction Score
Why not....get him now and see if he can steal some of USC's recruits

Reaction Score
Wow, Haden continually said Kiffin "was his guy" publicly. I'm thinking this will get Warde to act sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers. UCONN should seriously consider hiring Kifflin. Accept the fact it would be a short term hire; probably 2 years at most. He's a good recruiter with SEC ties. IF UCONN really wants a good program and a move to decent conference this would be a good first step.

Iagree, Lane Kiffin is a big name. He under-performed at Tennessee and USC, but those teams compete in the SEC and Pac-12 that are power conferences. He can definitely recruit and i'm sure he can have this team in the top of the American conference year in and year out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys do realize he got fired mid season because their recruiting is so bad right?

Reaction Score
Iagree, Lane Kiffin is a big name. He under-performed at Tennessee and USC, but those teams compete in the SEC and Pac-12 that are power conferences. He can definitely recruit and i'm sure he can have this team in the top of the American conference year in and year out.

Please. You should have watched the USC/Washington State game earlier this year. He was so conservative in that game he would have made P and Edsall look like Mouse Davis by comparison.

Reaction Score
This. He is a golden child who has failed miserably and is a smug, arrogant, pompous to boot. No thanks.

I know Kiffin is horrible, but at least he has 3 wins on the year

He's 28-14 at USC which isn't that bad, but when your USC 28-14 is not good enough... I wouldn't mind Kiffin

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Kiffin 28-15

PP- 10-18

Fired from a very high profile school....everyone notices. Don't worry Warde its ok....we are the only ones who will notice when you fire PP. Just get it done, can't understand what the holdup is at this point.

Reaction Score
Right now the program needs a major motivator first and foremost, something which PP is not.

Reaction Score
Please. You should have watched the USC/Washington State game earlier this year. He was so conservative in that game he would have made P and Edsall look like Mouse Davis by comparison.

W. State lost to Auburn by 7 and they are (3-2). They will be a competitive team in the Pac-12 this year. I promise you UCONN will get smashed by USC and W. State

Reaction Score
Id rather have Jim Tressel than Lane Kiffin. And I think tressel is a bad guy.

Neither will ever coach at Uconn.
I'm not sure Uconn is going to invest anything into the football program. If they think there is a chance of conference expansion, then maybe they will try to hire a big name coach to garner some respect. I think when you eventually see them name some coordinator from a mid-level program, you know what they think about the future of the program.

But first, please get the old guys out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01