Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 677 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I mean that feels disingenuous to me because I feel like none of us want to hear being considered "basketball only." Like not even basketball+olympic sports, that would at least be somewhat reasonable. Asking us to go indy in all sports except basketball is a huge middle finger

Reaction Score
Why does it now feel like you are writing from UConn’s point of view?
Because it's a fact and I have never heard from anyone that UConn would consider basketball only. I didn't post so you will like me. I only care what is best for the Big 12 while KU is in it. And I think UConn is a long term value add. Everything is about the next media deal.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Because it's a fact and I have never heard from anyone that UConn would consider basketball only. I didn't post so you will like me. I only care what is best for the Big 12 while KU is in it. And I think UConn is a long term value add. Everything is about the next media deal.
Yormark said our add was with 2031 in mind.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Always felt you were a KU fan with a likeminded view of UConn’s value. Most of us do. There are perhaps ten out of a hundred posters in this thread who don’t believe this.

You can put them on ignore or choose to not respond to them.

One year ago you must have thought Kansas could be scrambling and some of the outcomes must have given you shivers. Imagine going through it for almost two decades. That’s us. This thread goes back to 2012. So if some of us are testy it’s understandable.

I for one have not given up hope. The odds are looking bad but until there is no chance I refuse to capitulate. Any insight you can give me is welcome.

Reaction Score
Always felt you were a KU fan with a likeminded view of UConn’s value. Most of us do. There are perhaps ten out of a hundred posters in this thread who don’t believe this.

You can put them on ignore or choose to not respond to them.

One year ago you must have thought Kansas could be scrambling and some of the outcomes must have given you shivers. Imagine going through it for almost two decades. That’s us. This thread goes back to 2012. So if some of us are testy it’s understandable.

I for one have not given up hope. The odds are looking bad but until there is no chance I refuse to capitulate. Any insight you can give me is welcome.
We've been through the realignment stuff twice not knowing what would happen. It sucks and basketball doesn't seem to matter. Maybe Yormark can change that some, I hope so.

Reaction Score
That's good Yormark is thinking ahead. There is little doubt in my mind getting UConn will help the next deal tremendously.

I thought Yormark was very smart going to negotiation in 2031 before the ACC deal. He can use the opportunity to get a long term better deal, and get all the teams to sign the GOR to match to give the B12 stability.

If there is any hiccup during the ACC media negotiation, B12 can come in and pick up teams they want and do to the ACC what everyone just did to the PAC-12.

It is a good strategy.

Reaction Score
That's good Yormark is thinking ahead. There is little doubt in my mind getting UConn will help the next deal tremendously.

I thought Yormark was very smart going to negotiation in 2031 before the ACC deal. He can use the opportunity to get a long term better deal, and get all the teams to sign the GOR to match to give the B12 stability.

If there is any hiccup during the ACC media negotiation, B12 can come in and pick up teams they want and do to the ACC what everyone just did to the PAC-12.

It is a good strategy.

Renewing the media deal and reaching the end of the GOR will always be a turbulent time for the non-P2 leagues. The B12 is now on the clock.

Reaction Score
Renewing the media deal and reaching the end of the GOR will always be a turbulent time for the non-P2 leagues. The B12 is now on the clock.
this is the basic reality that will be the "end game" B10 and SEC will dictate the full end product... the problem will be negotiating what the football environ will look like with so many teams. There will be no such thing as a fair schedule, a new meta will need to exist.

GG

Reaction Score
So the latest Twitter rumor is that seven schools are being vetted for 17 and 18. I guess what continues to confuse me is if BY wants us badly, why is it such a difficult sell to the school presidents? Is it our location? Our football product? All of the above?

Reaction Score
So the latest Twitter rumor is that seven schools are being vetted for 17 and 18. I guess what continues to confuse me is if BY wants us badly, why is it such a difficult sell to the school presidents? Is it our location? Our football product? All of the above?
I doubt there’s any truth to the 7 schools having a real chance. If 17 and 18 are really on the table, it’s probably us and one other tbd school—— because Yormark really does want us. Otherwise, I don’t think they’d further expand right now.

Reaction Score
If history has taught us anything, the 2 schools will be San Diego State and the University of San Diego. Its clear the Big 12's strategy is to double dip in a singular market. This way, they are surely able to capure the bloodshot eyes from Diego to Tijuana!

Reaction Score
If history has taught us anything, the 2 schools will be San Diego State and the University of San Diego. Its clear the Big 12's strategy is to double dip in a singular market. This way, they are surely able to capure the bloodshot eyes from Diego to Tijuana!
Joey Calcaterra future Big 12 coach with the terreros

GG

Reaction Score
Perhaps Utah Community College needs a spot. Nothing like tripling down on the Utah market.

Trying to keep the faith…..but it is getting difficult.

Reaction Score
Where are you seeing this??

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We've been through the realignment stuff twice not knowing what would happen. It sucks and basketball doesn't seem to matter. Maybe Yormark can change that some, I hope so.
You reported ASU, U of A and Utah we’re getting a half share. Then it was disclosed they will be getting a full share.

Seems Yormark was over ruled again by the presidents. Understand they didn’t want to leave a semi strong conference to the west if the seven PAC could take in some schools. But that new PAC was never going to get a good contract after Oregon and Washington announced they were going to the BIG.

Those three were desperate. It was a buyers market. B12 could have got them for a song. Bad tactical decision by the presidents. Might be a few holes in the walls of Yormark’s office after they pushed for that.

Must drive you crazy watching people who believe they can apply their intelligence outside their lane. Ego at work again.

Reaction Score
You reported ASU, U of A and Utah we’re getting a half share. Then it was disclosed they will be getting a full share.

Seems Yormark was over ruled again by the presidents. Understand they didn’t want to leave a semi strong conference to the west if the seven PAC could take in some schools. But that new PAC was never going to get a good contract after Oregon and Washington announced they were going to the BIG.

Those three were desperate. It was a buyers market. B12 could have got them for a song. Bad tactical decision by the presidents. Might be a few holes in the walls of Yormark’s office after they pushed for that.

Must drive you crazy watching people who believe they can apply their intelligence outside their lane. Ego at work again.
I said 25 million. FOX agreed to the full 12 million. They originally were only paying 5 million. ESPN was already on the hook for 20 million.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Arizona, Arizona State and Utah were offered invites to the ACC, I guess that's why FOX caved.
And they still have UConn in the BE.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Arizona, Arizona State and Utah were offered invites to the ACC, I guess that's why FOX caved.
Weird if so given all the rumblings of FSU and the reported desire of other schools in the ACC who want out. Adding the three PAC schools would make it harder for them to break the GOR.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've been on your side all along on this and appreciate that you came here, offered information and have been courteous and adult about everything (even when many Boneyarders hadn't in response). I think however that the above comment is a bit difficult to believe. Especially as many pundits were throwing around Utah to the B-12 rumors when Utah was either being quiet about or dismissing the idea. Someone, somewhere would have been both able and willing to leak the rumor if this happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom