Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 620 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree. He could add us now and then go for the ACC schools once FSU bolts. I wonder if Oregon was offered a discounted amount of money from the big 10.
Yes, we know they were. About a half share with no eventual move to a full share is what I saw. Same for Washington. Washington AD said extra travel was $10m. So...do the math.

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score
Honestly, if Oregon is staying, it's because Oregon has to stay.

....also, they're gonna be in the playoff like every year forever.
Not only Oregon, but for now, it makes sense for the pac 9 to show solidarity. We are years away from massive disruption and the west coast schools have more to gain waiting this out than jumping ship in panic.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Now let's get C9C9 back. He said:

"As direct from someone as intimate in the media negotiations as one could be, UConn's position and calculus as the dominant brand in the #2 sport in the most populated part of the country, with no direct competition envisioned in the future, has not changed from this morning, from yesterday, from last week or from last month."

Reaction Score
If it holds, that account needs some sort of special badge around here.... and more.
My Big XII fan fiction has Dave dropping a DBZ reference during an acceptance speech

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Now let's get C9C9 back. He said:

"As direct from someone as intimate in the media negotiations as one could be, UConn's position and calculus as the dominant brand in the #2 sport in the most populated part of the country, with no direct competition envisioned in the future, has not changed from this morning, from yesterday, from last week or from last month."
Exactly. And that might be even more significant than Yormark’s preference for us.

Reaction Score
WOW, if true, one large side benefit will be preserving the stupid comments that the unfaithful have posted recently, and bringing them to light for all eternity. A few posts from a large fish instantly come to mind.

Reaction Score
Oregon and Washington did the analysis and probably thought they both have much better chance in the.PAC of getting into the playoff in the new playoff format Vs B1G or B12. If they are willing to sign the PAC GOR, it will save the rest of the PAC.

Don't underestimate Apple. I think they stepped up and made a better offer or put more incentives into the offer. They figured it will still be cheaper to sign PAC vs bidding for other future content vs FOX, ESPN, and others.

As someone in the Bay Area, it would be a very sad day to see the once proud PAC conference die. I am hoping this new development is true. It is good for everyone if the PAC can survive and expand.

Of course, FOX and B1G can always step in at last second and offer Oregon and Washington full share.

Hopefully, it all ends today.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
WOW, if true, one large side benefit will be preserving the stupid comments that the unfaithful have posted recently, and bringing them to light for all eternity. A few posts from a large fish instantly come to mind.
I’m not interested in rubbing people’s faces over this. It bothers me too much watching firsthand fear make otherwise rational and intelligent individuals react so irrationally. Even if employed as a coping mechanism it’s counterproductive at best and dangerous at worst.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
What do people have to say about goKu now?
Although I am generally an optimist about human nature and intentions and I am as desperate as anyone for things to break UConn's way, for now I'm with JMick. Show me da money.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's the Big 12 just adding Colorado and us...that's kinda not great. I would've MUCH preferred going along with Arizona to continue to bolster the league as the best basketball conference in the country. Because none of the 5 schools (CU, UA, ASU, UConn, and Utah) move the needle in football except for Utah kind of. So A Big 12 with Colorado and UConn isn't much better than mid-2000s Big East football.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, we know they were. About a half share with no eventual move to a full share is what I saw. Same for Washington. Washington AD said extra travel was $10m. So...do the math.
And this will be the lynchpin. The B1G cheaping out will have killed it.

In short - if you’re Oregon or Washington, why are you worth half as much forever than your former conference partners?

Reaction Score
Oregon and Washington did the analysis and probably thought they both have much better chance in the.PAC of getting into the playoff in the new playoff format Vs B1G or B12. If they are willing to sign the PAC GOR, it will save the rest of the PAC.

Don't underestimate Apple. I think they stepped up and made a better offer or put more incentives into the offer. They figured it will still be cheaper to sign PAC vs bidding for other future content vs FOX, ESPN, and others.

As someone in the Bay Area, it would be a beer sad day to see the once proud PAC conference die. I am hoping this new development is true. It is good for everyone if the PAC can survive and expand.

Of course, FOX and B1G can always step in at last second and offer Oregon and Washington full share.

Hopefully, it all ends today.

I’m freaking flabbergasted that cooler, more rational heads might prevail for once in realignment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom