Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 609 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Either you are in or out. I am curious to see how acc responds. I don’t think they can sit idle and let the big 12 win. Maybe they consider UConn, Cal, and Stanford then add Gonzaga, nova and Georgetown(or Xavier or St. John’s ) for hoops? Not sure what they can do really.
It will come down to what ESPN will allow them to do.

Reaction Score
If this were the case, UCF would've NEVER been added to the Big 12.
UCF is the Rutgers of Florida, espeically if a confernece cannot get a hold of UF and/or FSU. A very large, state school in a decent size metro area with a lot of talent to recruit from. They have had a bit more success on the field, too.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
People absolutely wouldn't give an F.

Stuff like that happens during the regular season in conference play and nobody cares.

You really think that Joe 6 pack, who follows college hoop via his bracket in March is going to be as into the story of a power league school he's heard of, beating a power league school he's heard of, as opposed to St Peters beating Kentucky?

In what world?
this 10000% the NCAA Tournament is one of the few things I hope stays the same

Reaction Score
There shouldn't just be that little sign on the side of the highway. There should be major signs in prominent places on 84, I-91, I-95 that say it and list all the championships Connecticut has won. The signs welcoming drivers into the state of CT should also say home of the....and you're now entering the Basketball Capital of the World. I don't think we've ever tooted our own horn enough, be obnoxious about it.
As an added benefit, a large enough sign to highlight all of UConn's championships will raise additional money for the State as Satet Police cruisers will be abel to hide behind them and take more money from NY, NJ, and Mass drivers.

Reaction Score
Either you are in or out. I am curious to see how acc responds. I don’t think they can sit idle and let the big 12 win. Maybe they consider UConn, Cal, and Stanford then add Gonzaga, nova and Georgetown(or Xavier or St. John’s ) for hoops? Not sure what they can do really.
The ACC has no options.

They could try to get ND in FB or convince ESPN to pay $$$$ for adding UConn (both with 0.001% chance). Or hope a miracle occurs in the next 10 years.

Adding west coast teams is not viable.

Reaction Score
The ACC has no options.

They could try to get ND in FB or convince ESPN to pay $$$$ for adding UConn (both with 0.001% chance). Or hope a miracle occurs in the next 10 years.

Adding west coast teams is not viable.
Probably right. So basically the music is stopping and UConn has no seat.

Reaction Score
The reason the p2/p3 schools might take over the tourney is the $700-800m that the NCAA takes off the $1.1b annual revenues from it.

However they configure it, the p2/p3 are going to take most of that money for themselves.

I have no idea how D2 and D3 are going to run championships because the NCAA wont be around to run them.
This is the math I’ve been trying to warn people about. How long will it be until the P3 realizes they don’t need to beat the $1.1B that the NCAA gets, they only need to beat the $300M that the conferences currently get from tournament credits.

And actually, it’s even less than that because you wouldn’t be splitting that $300M amongst 10+ conferences.

These people care about one thing. Money. They don’t give a rats behind if it destroys the tournament as long as they come out one penny ahead of where they used to be

Reaction Score
In football, the school who has the best record between Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado football gets water for for the following year...
Nothing on Arizona. What is the Washington play? Big 10?

If travel is $10m a year more, then why would you leave to the big 12? I dont know.

It’s nuts that asu and Utah and Washington would leave on a weeks notice.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In football, the school who has the best record between Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado football gets water for for the following year...
Sadly if we were to get shut out by the four corners we’d still be far better off than Navajo Nation.

Reaction Score
Realignment isn’t close to finished but that isn’t necessarily a good thing for UConn. It’s more likely Former P5 schools will drop down to G5 than vice versa. We couldn’t get into the acc. If we swing and miss on the B12, where do you think this is really heading. I already know, no where good. There is chatter cal may drop football. Wash state and Oregon state are done. Stanford, who knows. This won’t end well for anyone left out.

Of all of conferences out their, the B1G does care about the academic side, including research dollars. The already have some of the biggest research universities out there and also have relationships with U Chicago and Johns Hopkins. Stanford is huge in that space. I can't see them leaving them out on the vine.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I tried reading through the last 10 pages after getting off work and correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like UA/ASU are in and Utah is following them shortly?
Most of the posts in the last ten pages state that. No proof supporting it.

U of A board in executive session right now. Theory they are voting to accept a bid to B12.

Things moving fast. Should know more tomorrow.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We would have gotten our invite by now if we were. There’s no more leverage fantasy anymore now that the Pac is officially dead.

We’re out.
I get where you’re at man.

I think the ink has to dry on Arizona and ASU first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We would have gotten our invite by now if we were. There’s no more leverage fantasy anymore now that the Pac is officially dead.

We’re out.
Nah. The PAC schools are in disarray. The Washington travel issue is interesting. So for them the $ are the same almost no matter what they do. Oregon likely the same. The AZ schools might have better travel in the B12. If Washington and Oregon stay, I think UA is the only school that goes, maybe ASU. They all are waiting on those two because the PAC isn’t viable without them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom