Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 607 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The regular season determines seeding. It’s really not that crazy if there’s around 60 teams in the split.

No offense, but that's ridiculous. These administrators are corrupt and inept but you think you're going to have a NCAAT with a 9-22 Minnesota is absurd.

I absolutely can see the big leagues harvesting all the at larges and creating a play in tourney for low/mid majors, but that's as far as it can reasonably go.

Big East, Mountain West, AAC, will be in the tourney in any format.

P.S. I used to think the same as you but just look at the numbers. It makes no sense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is this a serious question? How are you this big a college basketball fan and don't know why the tournament is so loved?
I mean it’s sorta rhetorical, I know people like their David vs Goliath matchups. But 16 seed Vanderbilt upsetting its way to the S16 will have a very similar impact.

Reaction Score
If you're not in the P3 eventually you'll be squeezed out of everything. They will make the rules that benefit themselves. Congratulations to everyone who feels cozy in the Big East. We have a great men's BB team and some years to play out our success. But without the support and revenue stream of a P3 Conference our success will have an expiration date.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not buying any of that.

Of course I want UConn to have way more money to operate with but our basketball program isn't going anywhere and realignment isn't even close to finished.
Realignment isn’t close to finished but that isn’t necessarily a good thing for UConn. It’s more likely Former P5 schools will drop down to G5 than vice versa. We couldn’t get into the acc. If we swing and miss on the B12, where do you think this is really heading. I already know, no where good. There is chatter cal may drop football. Wash state and Oregon state are done. Stanford, who knows. This won’t end well for anyone left out.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's an absolutely preposterous take.
It’s really not. For every casual fan you’re supposedly losing, you’re gaining 20x more fans and alumni watching their favorite school do the impossible. I also don’t believe casual fans care that much who the David is in their David vs Goliath matchups, they’ll get used to not seeing schools they’ve never heard of before.

Reaction Score
The keyest of tweets!

In Love Hearts GIF by The Valentines

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It’s really not. For every casual fan you’re supposedly losing, you’re gaining 20x more fans and alumni watching their favorite school do the impossible. I also don’t believe casual fans care that much who the David is in their David vs Goliath matchups, they’ll get used to not seeing schools they’ve never heard of before.

There's no concept of an "underdog" if it's all teams from the Power conferences.

You really think the general sports fans in this country will be as captivated by a 12-20 Clemson winning two games as opposed to FDU, St. Peters, Mason, Florida Gulf Coast?

There is no concept of a David when David is getting a $50M tv check every year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's no concept of an "underdog" if it's all teams from the Power conferences.

You really think the general sports fans in this country will be as captivated by a 12-20 Clemson winning two games as opposed to FDU, St. Peters, Mason, Florida Gulf Coast?

There is no concept of a David when David is getting a $50M tv check every year.
If 16 seed Boston College ever wins a tournament game against 1 seed Kentucky or 2 seed UConn, people will 100% care. They’re still a David because the expectation will be for them to lose handily.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Link?
It’s going right to executive session so nothing to link but here’s the board website

Reaction Score
Realignment isn’t close to finished but that isn’t necessarily a good thing for UConn. It’s more likely Former P5 schools will drop down to G5 than vice versa. We couldn’t get into the acc. If we swing and miss on the B12, where do you think this is really heading. I already know, no where good. There is chatter cal may drop football. Wash state and Oregon state are done. Stanford, who knows. This won’t end well for anyone left out.
We have no idea how it all plays out. We don't know how many conferences it ends with, we don't know if the biggest conferences will start trying to kick out their crappy schools, we don't know if the conferences will become more national or go back to more regional, we don't know what lawsuits will come, we don't know what agreements will hold up or crumble, we don't know if the networks overpaid, we don't know how big streaming will be, we don't even know if football will remain what it is, keep growing, or become less popular as it continues to become a game that's played by poorer people and less and less people in the north.

We didn't know weeks ago where any of this was going, we didn't even know days ago. Only things I'm certain of is there will be a lot more shuffling and these twitter idiots have no clue what they're talking about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom