Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 610 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Utah and UConn as 15 and 16?
Glutton for punishment
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
I swear, soon someone on this board will stub their toe, and read it as a sign middle tennessee will be in the Big 12, there's literally nothing official even out yet, let's relax
Where’d you get Middle Tennessee?!!! I heard North Texas state was #16

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe there was some truth to the Pac-9 wanting to tough it out? How can these schools not have their decisions to leave yet if that’s what’s happening?

Reaction Score
The ACC has no options.

They could try to get ND in FB or convince ESPN to pay $$$$ for adding UConn (both with 0.001% chance). Or hope a miracle occurs in the next 10 years.

Adding west coast teams is not viable.
Disagree. More realignment will happen. There is no way the ACC holds together 13 more years without something changing.

I think BY is an outside-the-box thinker. Apparently he could not convince the XII good ol boys of his NY vision. Last year’s getting BYU, UH, UC, and UCF reeks of reaction desperation. Now, bringing in 4 teams from the least populated time zone is so freaking stupid from a business standpoint. It will result in the collapse of the XII. Now they really are AAC 2.0.

They should’ve taken Colorado and UCONN and stopped (maybe they still will but I doubt it. They could have added added Georgetown, St John’s, Villanova, and Gonzaga in basketball only.

I know so many of us believe we are deserving of P5 status and see this as the best chance of getting there.

Let’s see where we end up. I’m hoping ACC. Much more synergy with us and ACC schools With the exception of Louisville and Florida State.

Go 16 (+1) with us and USF. Add 4 basketball onlies (three above plus another east coaster). Maybe bring Army and Navy in as football onlies.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The real question is does UConn want to make 12-15 million a year to be in a league across the country with the likes of Cal, Stanford, and SDSU.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Disagree. More realignment will happen. There is no way the ACC holds together 13 more years without something changing.

I think BY is an outside-the-box thinker. Apparently he could not convince the XII good ol boys of his NY vision. Last year’s getting BYU, UH, UC, and UCF reeks of reaction desperation. Now, bringing in 4 teams from the least populated time zone is so freaking stupid from a business standpoint. It will result in the collapse of the XII. Now they really are AAC 2.0.

They should’ve taken Colorado and UCONN and stopped (maybe they still will but I doubt it. They could have added added Georgetown, St John’s, Villanova, and Gonzaga in basketball only.

I know so many of us believe we are deserving of P5 status and see this as the best chance of getting there.

Let’s see where we end up. I’m hoping ACC. Much more synergy with us and ACC schools With the exception of Louisville and Florida State.
The schools you just named got 4 mil per year on their tv contract. The pac leftovers got 20.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The real question is does UConn want to make 12-15 million a year to be in a league across the country with the likes of Cal, Stanford, and SDSU.
With the travel costs and absurdity it’s a no.

Reaction Score
and then there was 1
Mixed messages here. ASU/Utah not so quick to move.
If you read Trammels piece from earlier, he expected BY to have a very tight deadline.
Doesn’t want this to drag for days.

Maybe something is cooking. Maybe AZ is pushing for ASU but getting pushback from Big 12?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
If I'm choosing schools (assuming WA and OR are off the table), I'd like to see Arizona, Stanford, and UConn. And preferably someone other than Colorado but I guess that ship has sailed.

Reaction Score
There is some hope. The Big 12 is losing 2 of their top 3 basketball programs based on history, Texas and Oklahoma. Clearly Kansas is a blue blood, and Houston and Baylor have had recent success, but there are many schools in the Big 12 with modest or little success. For example, from 2005 through 2017, schools in the new Big 12 (including the 4 most recent adds, went to 3 Final Fours, 2 from Kansas and 1 from West Virginia (Big East at the time).

Six of the new Big 12 schools have been to 6 Sweet 16s or fewer. UCF has been to 5 NCAA Tournaments and no Sweet 16s. Final 4s? UCF, BYU, and TCU have zero. Iowa State's only FF was in 1944. Colorado's last FF was in 1955. Kansas State's last appearance was in 1964. Cinci's last appearance was in 1992.

Baylor has had recent success, but they only have 5 Sweet 16s (but 1 championship).

What about the 3 corner schools that are in the running? Arizona has had success, but their last FF was in 2001. Arizona State has only been to 5 Sweet 16s and 0 FFs. Utah's last FF was in 1998.

I still think the Big 12 needs to shore up their basketball product.

Reaction Score
Mixed messages here. ASU/Utah not so quick to move.
If you read Trammels piece from earlier, he expected BY to have a very tight deadline.
Doesn’t want this to drag for days.

Maybe something is cooking. Maybe AZ is pushing for ASU but getting pushback from Big 12?
Dennis Dodd is someone I actually believe. I don't think he'd just say this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom