Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 468 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Obviously a big plus to lock up Hurley long term but was our ability to retain him really ever in question? He chose us when we were in a much worse place because of the tradition. He has a great team next year, it's a ton of money, and from a basketball perspective there's really not a bad outcome for UConn whether we stay in the Big East or go P5.

I just don't see a lot of relevance to CR here. Frankly Hurley might prefer we stay right where we are if he could make the decision independent from football and everything else.
The relevance is that his individual contract costs more than we get from the Big East. We need $.

Reaction Score
Obviously a big plus to lock up Hurley long term but was our ability to retain him really ever in question? He chose us when we were in a much worse place because of the tradition. He has a great team next year, it's a ton of money, and from a basketball perspective there's really not a bad outcome for UConn whether we stay in the Big East or go P5.

I just don't see a lot of relevance to CR here. Frankly Hurley might prefer we stay right where we are if he could make the decision independent from football and everything else.
It’s relevant in the sense that we are yet again showing our commitment to a P5 athletics department. This blows away salaries in the BE as far as I know. Now do I think this moves the needle with the TCU president? Probably not. But it can’t hurt.

Reaction Score
It’s relevant in the sense that we are yet again showing our commitment to a P5 athletics department. This blows away salaries in the BE as far as I know. Now do I think this moves the needle with the TCU president? Probably not. But it can’t hurt.
Agreed. While the Pac 12 dithers and Yormark says he thinks there’s values in hoops, wants to be in NYC and wants to be in three/four time zones, this is indeed a sign. Add in Woj, an NBA guy breaking this. It is def a sign….. I hope

Little known fact. Woj went to high school with Clingans mom and graduated same year.

Reaction Score
Cooley reportedly makes more at Gtown

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I do hope that UConn gets into the Big 12 if only so the Civil Connflict Trophy can be revived. Wouldn't that be reason enough? UConn fans would be the envy of the CFB world. Wow!! It would be GREAT!!

The CCT will one day rise again, I'm confident of that. It already has more juice that half the rivlary trophies out there.

Reaction Score
Omg he didn't win last year? With one of the most woeful programs of the last 10 years? National coach of the year consideration?

WTH is talking about Edsel?
Mora keeps on winning and he'll get a raise too. Also, if you look at the hiring spree we have gone over the last year or so, it's clear that the school is spending much more in football than before.

Reaction Score
Omg he didn't win last year? With one of the most woeful programs of the last 10 years? National coach of the year consideration?

WTH is talking about Edsel?
Well hell he was 6-7. Give him 5 million a year. If he goes 7-6 this year 7 million.

Reaction Score
Mora keeps on winning and he'll get a raise too. Also, if you look at the hiring spree we have gone over the last year or so, it's clear that the school is spending much more in football than before.

While that may be true, the opposition we get about our football from the p5 conferences is also fueled by paying our head coach 1 million dollars.

While we used our finances as a reason, that now comes into question with this huge new contract for Dan Hurley.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley's team sells out the building they play in so he earns more money. When football sells out the building they play in then the football coach will get a raise.

Reaction Score
While that may be true, the opposition we get about our football from the p5 conferences is also fueled by paying our head coach 1 million dollars.

While we used our finances as a reason, that now comes into question with this huge new contract for Dan Hurley.

You can't compare Mora to Hurley. Hurley just won a NC and has been here for 5 years now, building up the program.

Mora did a great job turning the program around in year 1 and if he continues to perform, he'll get his raise in due time.

Reaction Score
You can't compare Mora to Hurley. Hurley just won a NC and has been here for 5 years now, building up the program.

Mora did a great job turning the program around in year 1 and if he continues to perform, he'll get his raise in due time.

Nobody compared Mora to Hurley

And if you did, Mora would be 20% of Hurley salary wise.

This is about what you should be paying ANY football head coach salary wise in a p5 conference.

That is, if you are aspiring to be in a p5, which is where we assume UConn wants to land.

Don't think these conferences are not watching this.

Reaction Score
Are you Mora’s agent? It is not a matter of being able. I believe BD was paid pretty well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom