Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 470 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Hahaha ... I make a post making fun of all the intense speculation, and in reply I get more speculation. The irony ....

Reaction Score
The problem is that this is dragging out too long due to the PAC 12 and their media deal. It just leads to more speculation, wishing, and in some cases, nonsense posts. I think everyone just wants it to come to a conclusion, even if UConn isn't added to the Big 12. UConn had a great year in both basketball and football. Let's enjoy that and look forward to the upcoming season. I guess I'm just tired of the waiting game.

When we joined the Big East, Susan Herbst said we would no longer be a feather in the wind of realignment. But guess what, we still are.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Things could be worse, we could be in SDSU's shoes hoping that something happens in the next seven days, knowing there will be a huge financial cost once we hit July.

It looks like the P-12 won't have the answer they want in terms of media deal payout over the next few days so they'll need to either cut bait (and take an offer they aren't happy with just to be able to move forward) or test the patience of a few members with the hope that it won't cost them any members.

We should learn quite a bit over the next seven days.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL. You say that as if 90% of the tweets are any less BS than posters here speculating. Unfortunately, they’re not.
They actually seem less informed, for the most part.

Reaction Score
Huh. I hadn't checked out this thread for awhile and I now see that we are debating whether or not a P5 invite is a done deal. Sheesh!!!

You can drive yourself nuts trying to read the tea leaves and harbingers in the wind. Interpret this little thing and that little thing in a way that foreshadows the outcome that you (we) so desperately want. Figuring out the ways that UConn can get screwed. What the hell is the Pac12 waiting for? Don't they know UConn has a lot hanging on this? Is SDSU going to the Pac12 or the B12? What the hell is Colorado waiting for? Is academic reputation playing a part? Is Mora gonna get a raise too if it happens? What will happen to UConn's portal interest if it does happen?

I think we all need a double dose of Rule Number 1 at this point in case this does not turn out favorably. We need to manage expectations so that no one dies of heartbreak or grief in the final event. ;) ;)
I think we all, I know I have, developed an immunity to conference realignment heartbreak ;);)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Smora Mora - graham cracker crumble, chocolate fudge, marshmallow and vanilla ice cream
You're on to something here. I think S'Mora alone would work for the name. Personal preference, I would go with graham cracker ice cream, chocolate chunks with a marshmallow swirl. We could have another Hurley Almond Swirley on our hands.

Reaction Score
If we are going to join the big 12… I would hope the people that make these decisions for uconn..would have a little class and stop tweeting stupid sh…nothing like burning bridges with your old conference

Reaction Score
If Beachview is catching the drift, it must be happening!
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That BBQ pic is clearly a slap in the face. Clam bakes and clam chowder are the only acceptable food hypings up here. Maybe pizza.
Helluva lot more posts on BY re BBQ than anything clam. Let us know when you come across multiple clambakes in the tailgate lots.

I'll add, there are more posts on lobster rolls than clams as well.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
And isn’t Bears a featured food vendor at all home games?

Seems disrespectful and a slap in the face to a loyal local BBQ business to me.

;^p

Reaction Score
If we are going to join the big 12… I would hope the people that make these decisions for uconn..would have a little class and stop tweeting stupid sh…nothing like burning bridges with your old conference

If you think that's how people view things that's nuts. Maybe as a public figure he shouldn't be so open about his trips and how that might politick to a degree. However, this reaction is unreasonable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom