Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 472 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
No, it's The Wizard of Oz.

When a tornado rips through Kansas, Dorothy (Judy Garland) and her dog, Toto, are whisked away in their house to the magical land of Oz.

Is Kansas N,S,E or W of Aberdeen Maryland?

Reaction Score
Brett needs to take a class in statistics. Under his idiotic reasoning there should be 3 team conferences.
Brett does snark. That’s it. He broke a lot of realignment news back in the day, but now he just strikes me as a personality more than reporter.

His coining if the term…magnificent 7 was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
UConn has the votes to get in if ESPN and Fox will pay 32 million for their addition. With Colorado it's a done deal. Guess we will know within the next few weeks.
I honestly think the B12 should just add UConn on its own since UConn brings a lot of value to the B12.

Access to the state of CT and access to the NYC media market are two big prizes for the B12 in addition to adding a top academic school with a P5 athletic department.

GG

Reaction Score
What's the source on this?
Assuming ESPN and Fox agree is UCONN in or does it depend on the actions of other current PAC 12 schools? As an example, if the four corners Schools decide to leave for the big 12, I assume that leaves no spot for UCONN? Thanks.

Reaction Score
UConn has the votes to get in if ESPN and Fox will pay 32 million for their addition. With Colorado it's a done deal.

Then it should be a done deal. Kansas has a population of 2.9 million and two P5 schools, CT has a population of 3.6 million and we would be the only P5 school. As far as quality and popularity of our athletics department goes I see UConn and KU being very similar. Our history shows our football program will ramp up fast and the fans will be there if we are upgraded. We also bring a unique TV audience with a national following with the women's basketball program.

This odd/even crap should also not be a hold up as the B12 does not have divisions and having the two top ranked football teams play in the conference title game makes more sense than having two division winners play.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brett does snark. That’s it. He broke a lot of realignment news back in the day, but now he just strikes me as a personality more than reporter.

His coining if the term…magnificent 7 was ridiculous.
... and yet slipped into popular usage.

Reaction Score
Assuming ESPN and Fox agree is UCONN in or does it depend on the actions of other current PAC 12 schools? As an example, if the four corners Schools decide to leave for the big 12, I assume that leaves no spot for UCONN? Thanks.
Don’t like the idea of depending on ESPN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom