Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 473 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Two sources said Tuesday that Big 12 commissioner Brett Yorkmark is far more enthusiastic about adding UConn and Gonzaga than the league’s athletic directors, on whose advice the presidents — the ultimate decision makers — rely.

Reaction Score
Two sources said Tuesday that Big 12 commissioner Brett Yorkmark is far more enthusiastic about adding UConn and Gonzaga than the league’s athletic directors, on whose advice the presidents — the ultimate decision makers — rely.

Random small town sports writer who went to BC and revels in UConn’s agony writes an opinion article and cites ‘two sources’. May not even qualify as a non key tweet

Reaction Score
Happy Days perhaps? :)
The same Big 12 that’s targeting NYC with its Rucker Playground program and trying to unlock the value of hoops I might add Man. We just need the invite to the third best conference for some degree of stability.
He’s a self proclaimed genius. There may be a bias against UConn out there but that is not earth shattering news.

Reaction Score
UConn has the votes to get in if ESPN and Fox will pay 32 million for their addition. With Colorado it's a done deal. Guess we will know within the next few weeks.
Of course it comes down to this because as much as I like CU, they've sucked in Football AND decent but mediocre Hoops, and really don't expand Markets beyond what we offer. And ESPN gets to decide who is worth what.

Reaction Score
The same Big 12 that’s targeting NYC with its Rucker Playground program and trying to unlock the value of hoops I might add Man. We just need the invite to the third best conference for some degree of stability.
Yes, Di Mauro left out those facts.

Reaction Score
Random small town sports writer who went to BC and revels in UConn’s agony writes an opinion article and cites ‘two sources’. May not even qualify as a non key tweet
Absolutely - I read his article. Essentially, I don't think he wants us to get the nod for a P-5 spot. If he were honest, he'd admit that we can bring something to the party while his alma mater has been a huge P-5 let down. (All BC has going is a decent Hockey East team.)

Reaction Score
Absolutely - I read his article. Essentially, I don't think he wants us to get the nod for a P-5 spot. If he were honest, he'd admit that we can bring something to the party while his alma mater has been a huge P-5 let down. (All BC has going is a decent Hockey East team.)

He does not wish UConn any success, he is an enemy of UConn athletics and should not be employed as a sports writer in this state.

Reaction Score
Of course it comes down to this because as much as I like CU, they've sucked in Football AND decent but mediocre Hoops, and really don't expand Markets beyond what we offer. And ESPN gets to decide who is worth what.
Denver is one of the largest metro areas in country. That’s an expansive market, no? Certainly more eyeballs than Hartford. Besides, it brings them back home in a way to what’s left of big 8.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion but the Big 12 should pull an end around on the PAC and take both UConn and SDSU. Suddenly they would have representation in The NYC and Southern California Media Markets to go along with two top basketball programs. Both of these football programs could compete in The Big 12 Conference under the right leadership in their AD. Yormak has publicly expressed an interest in tapping into The NYC Basketball Scene and courting basketball and football fans in Mexico as well. There are two programs available right now that could help him accomplish those goals.

Reaction Score
The longer The Day employs this hack the more embarrassing they are. Biased and dumb reporting. Period.
They probably love it and so does he. He is a professional troll. He relishes in that fact.

Reaction Score
Denver is one of the largest metro areas in country. That’s an expansive market, no? Certainly more eyeballs than Hartford. Besides, it brings them back home in a way to what’s left of big 8.

The Denver, CO designated market area (DMA) is a U.S. television market serving the people in the state of Colorado. It is the 16th biggest media market by size in the United States, with a total population of 1,792,540 TV households as of the 2022-2023 television season, down -1%from that of the 2021-2022 season.

The Hartford-New Haven, CT designated market area (DMA) is a U.S. television market serving the people in the state of Connecticut. It is the 34th biggest media market by size in the United States, with a total population of 1,014,160 TV households as of the 2022-2023 television season, up +1% from that of the 2021-2022 season.

If you add Fairfield county, total CT households are about 1.375 Million, enough to rank #21. This does not include the Springfield area which is approximately 260K.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion but the Big 12 should pull an end around on the PAC and take both UConn and SDSU. Suddenly they would have representation in The NYC and Southern California Media Markets to go along with two top basketball programs. Both of these football programs could compete in The Big 12 Conference under the right leadership in their AD. Yormak has publicly expressed an interest in tapping into The NYC Basketball Scene and courting basketball and football fans in Mexico as well. There are two programs available right now that could help him accomplish those goals.

I agree, expand now with SDSU and UConn. Expansion shows strength and stealing SDSU from the PAC12 weakens them.

Reaction Score
Colorado could return to Big X, and potentially lose some academic research-affiliation dinero (Stanford, Cal, UDub). However, is the Denver media market actually larger than a share of NY tri-state market + New Haven-Hartford markets? Average net worth, average spending, relative population density, etc? Don’t know!

Reaction Score
I agree, expand now with SDSU and UConn. Expansion shows strength and stealing SDSU from the PAC12 weakens them.
Other conferences are still adding. I think the B1G will take Oregon and Washington. Fewer quality schools will be left. I think Yormark wants to take UConn off the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom