Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 466 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Someone on the TCU fansite posted that the PAC 12 is going to hold together due to the large amount of research money that gets passed around in the PAC12. Supposedly that money is far greater than the football money. I have no idea if that is true, but I sure hope it is true.

According to this article from the University of Utah, the school reached $686 million in research dollars in the fiscal year 2022 and continues to see growth in that arena due to its connection to the Pac-12 and the other AAU schools associated with the hard to believe that usc and ucla would give up that money.

Reaction Score
Someone on the TCU fansite posted that the PAC 12 is going to hold together due to the large amount of research money that gets passed around in the PAC12. Supposedly that money is far greater than the football money. I have no idea if that is true, but I sure hope it is true.

According to this article from the University of Utah, the school reached $686 million in research dollars in the fiscal year 2022 and continues to see growth in that arena due to its connection to the Pac-12 and the other AAU schools associated with the conference.

TCU fans are morons for the most part. Research dollars have nothing to do with conference affiliation. We went through this when our fans thought we were going to the B1G. Now alumni base, out of state students etc....that is a factor.

Reaction Score
TCU fans are morons for the most part. Research dollars have nothing to do with conference affiliation. We went through this when our fans thought we were going to the B1G. Now alumni base, out of state students etc....that is a factor.

That may be true officially, and yet these academic connections do seem to matter. I guess we will find out soon enough. If the PAC 12 holds together it will be because of the AAU research money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That may be true officially, and yet these academic connections do seem to matter. I guess we will find out soon enough. If the PAC 12 holds together it will be because of the AAU research money.
This and the fact most PAC-12 schools will have to hold their noses if they have to join the B12 due to academics. I have to to imagine schools like Stanford and UC Berkeley will not even consider it unless they absolutely have no choice. I think remaining PAC will try to join the ACC if the conference does implode.

Let's hope Colorado will leave on its own, and UConn will be their partner to make it 14. Frankly, B12 needs to get to 16 at minimal just to keep pace with B1G and the SEC.

Reaction Score
If Colorado goes UConn is in. You will not be screwed. Yormark wants UConn.
As a KU fan you are welcome to post here. But we don't read in fans of other schools to the set of secrets that we UConn fans share.

In particular Rule Number One of Conference Realignment. You appear to not yet be familiar with it. Good. That means that the UConn fans have not blabbed to those on the outside and there are no sensitive documents being stored in insecure places. But reading between the lines you may perhaps figure it out. Especially if you are familiar with yankee talk. ;)

Reaction Score
Does Utah's $686 million in research funding cover the costs of Pons and Fleischmann tidying up the lab after their famously discredited "cold fusion" folly?

Reaction Score
As a KU fan you are welcome to post here. But we don't read in fans of other schools to the set of secrets that we UConn fans share.

In particular Rule Number One of Conference Realignment. You appear to not yet be familiar with it. Good. That means that the UConn fans have not blabbed to those on the outside and there are no sensitive documents being stored in insecure places. But reading between the lines you may perhaps figure it out. Especially if you are familiar with yankee talk. ;)
I thought Rule 1 is we don’t talk about Rule 1?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Let’s not mention the car wash.

Reaction Score
Paul Finebaum predicts Pac-12 will collapse by 2026

On Tuesday morning, the SEC Network’s Paul Finebaum touted the inevitable demise of another power conference: the Pac-12. The league just had its two Los Angeles schools (UCLA and USC) poached by a conference on the opposite side of the country and have more members attracting attention from other leagues. According to Finebaum, this version of the Pac-12 won’t last very long and he predicts the conference will be completely dismembered in the next few years.

Finebaum went on to say the bigger conferences may not even want to expand but may be forced to go ahead and stake their claim with the Pac-12 conference schools since they could be available.

“And ultimately, as much as big conferences don’t really want to expand at the moment, I think they’ll be forced to take the cream of the crop out there, whether it’s the Big Ten going after the northwest schools, whether it’s Colorado or Arizona or somebody else just deciding to go to the Big 12 — I do not believe the Pac-12 can exist.”

Reaction Score
This inevitably happens whenever UConn seems close to having something good happen regarding conference realignment. Every time. For perpetuity.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score

I, for one and I'm sure there are many others appreciate the positivity and good vibes @GoKU brought to our board. In the whacky world of realignment we need all the support we can get. If we indeed join the Big12 I look forward to battling the Jayhawks and then raising a glass with each other. If we don't, we can at least share that in December as a one-off. Cheers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom