Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 464 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
No one cares about state flagship schools except UConn fans it seems. They care that people actually watch the teams in the conference.
The Big10 absolutely does. All but MSU (which would be a flagship if UofM wasn’t already), Purdue, Northwestern and soon to be USC. If those flagships are even decent, people in the state will watch, at least in the Midwest they will.

Reaction Score
It would be a catastrophic PR blunder to have all this chatter and no invite. Especially since it’s public that Mora is selling it to recruits

The possible flow could be:

Recruit: Hey coach what’s all this talk about the B12?
Coach: Yes, I‘m hearing the chatter also. It’s certainly a possibility and I would support the move if it were to happen. Right no we have nothing definitive.

If I were a recruit I would ask. If I were the coach, I would be cautious but upbeat and it is a possibility.

Reaction Score
It would be a catastrophic PR blunder to have all this chatter and no invite. Especially since it’s public that Mora is selling it to recruits
I don't think it would be a PR blunder on UConn's part. I don't think the chatter is coming from them. UConn has been pretty quiet about things. It's out there, so they have to say something about it, if asked. I hope that is what Mora is doing; he and the coaches should not be talking about it or selling it.

What I think would be a PR blunder, and that would be on the Big 12's part, is if the Big 12 comes out after all of this and says that they have decided not to expand. Remember, that is what they did seven years ago (albeit under a different commissioner) after they had all of the schools, including UConn, put on a dog and pony show. If I recall, it was an in-person presentation, to boot.

Whether or not UConn gets invited is up to the Big 12, not UConn. But, no doubt, it would look bad for UConn to go through the process twice with the Big 12 and not get invited. It would certainly re-ignite criticism from fans who were against it to begin with. And maybe not just from them.

Reaction Score
Agenda Item Details
Meeting
Jun 19, 2023 - Special Board Meeting
Category
9:45 a.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Subject
Executive Session
Type
ACTION
Recommended Action
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents go into executive session. As permitted by section 24-6-402 (3), Colorado Revised Statutes, the board will discuss the following matter as announced and pursuant to the subsection as listed below:
- (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - athletics matter at CU Boulder (track and field)

Reaction Score
Agenda Item Details
Meeting
Jun 19, 2023 - Special Board Meeting
Category
9:45 a.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Subject
Executive Session
Type
ACTION
Recommended Action
RESOLVED that the Board of Regents go into executive session. As permitted by section 24-6-402 (3), Colorado Revised Statutes, the board will discuss the following matter as announced and pursuant to the subsection as listed below:
- (a)(II), Legal advice on a specific matter - athletics matter at CU Boulder (track and field)
Geez they meet a lot lol

Reaction Score
The Big10 absolutely does. All but MSU (which would be a flagship if UofM wasn’t already), Purdue, Northwestern and soon to be USC. If those flagships are even decent, people in the state will watch, at least in the Midwest they will.
Northwestern not a state flagship .
Only private University in the conference - glad they are

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
On the PR front, I mean, we need to read what the university isn’t saying. There’s corroborated reports of Big 12 interest. Rather than your usual “We are fully committed to the Big East Conference. At this point, we have only had preliminary discussions about any option that may be best for the institution”. The subsequent lack of a lobbying effort after the visit would hopefully, fingers crossed, maybe, optimistically, says it’s basically done and they’re trying to figure out the other additions

dayooper

Reaction Score
Northwestern not a state flagship .
Only private University in the conference - glad they are
Yup, that’s what I wrote. Illinois is that states flagship. USC will soon be the 2nd private university in the conference.

Reaction Score
Yup, that’s what I wrote. Illinois is that states flagship. USC will soon be the 2nd private university in the conference.
Hopkins (not counting I Chicago)? Which will also keep USC from being the B10 school in the toughest neighborhood.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The possible flow could be:

Recruit: Hey coach what’s all this talk about the B12?
Coach: Yes, I‘m hearing the chatter also. It’s certainly a possibility and I would support the move if it were to happen. Right no we have nothing definitive.

If I were a recruit I would ask. If I were the coach, I would be cautious but upbeat and it is a possibility.
Probably more like "Well Jimmy, that's nothing I can talk to you about today, but let me just say that this university is committed to competing at the absolute highest levels and winning national championships. We're going to associate with schools will feel the same way. I can't say any more about that to you today, but I hope to be able to real soon."

dayooper

Reaction Score
Hopkins (not counting I Chicago)? Which will also keep USC from being the B10 school in the toughest neighborhood.
Hopkins is Lacrosse only. If you want to include them, I have no issue. You would also have to include ND as well (hockey). U of Chicago has no official connection remaining with the Big10 anymore. When the CiC was disbanded, UofC did not join the Big10 Academic Consortium.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this is a non-key non-key tweet
Is a non-key non-key tweet a key to eat, kind of like multiplying a negative by a negative?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

Hmm, based on that explanation I could make an argument that multiplying (-3)*(-5) actually equals 12.

If the explanation is that you "start" at the (-3) mark on the x axis, and "change direction" towards the positive side (of the y axis) by multiplying (-3) by (-5), then (-3)*(-5) moves you 12 ticks to the right of (-3) or to the +12 mark.

In a brief moment of self awareness, though, I realize I've come indoors from my Father's Day, poolside, family celebration to read the BY, and this is what got my attention? Back to the pool. Kawabunga, and Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers and grandfathers here.

Reaction Score
I believe we have professionals in charge and I am hoping for a positive outcome
It’s curious move. I think he is covering his backside because they clearly are under nondisclosure obligations. This a public way to paper over any future claim they improperly disclosed info to a recruit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom