Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 426 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Doubling down in the state of utah just seems unnecessary. Arizona/Colorado/UConn/SDSU makes the most sense imo. 4 new states and big brands.
Utah football has been very good recently and it’s right in the heart of a big, fast-growing city and state. Plus an instate rivalry is always a good thing. They would own the Utah college sports scene which I’d probably imagine is worth a lot of money.

Reaction Score
Colorado, Arizona, SDSU, UConn. Last three national champions plus two other final four teams during that time. Another basketball name in Arizona in a growing market hits the 4 west of rockies (BYU #4) and 4 eastern time (Cincy, UCF, WVU the others) speculation that was posted. Isn't going to happen (at least not any time soon)... but would be fine.

Ultimately for UConn it's any port in a storm. If anything in the P5 offers, UConn has to say yes.

Reaction Score
This makes the most sense. Let's hope the B12 will see the bigger picture and proceed accordingly. If the network is willing to pay more, B12 should go to 18 or 20 asap.
I just think if the PAC12 splits, the BIG12 will most likely want to take UU, CU, ASU, and UA in one swoop and maybe come back for a second round later. Which is obviously incredibly bad for us but I jdon’t see why they’d leave Utah on the table when scooping up all its neighbors.

Reaction Score
Utah football has been very good recently and it’s right in the heart of a big, fast-growing city and state. Plus an instate rivalry is always a good thing. They would own the Utah college sports scene which I’d probably imagine is worth a lot of money.

Salt Lake City is DMA #30. Hartford is #32 and thats without Fairfield County. When adding in Fairfield County we are Top 25 easily. UConn owns the CT sports scene too. The difference is we don’t compete with a 2nd university. Oh, and we win.

Reaction Score
Salt Lake City is DMA #30. Hartford is #32 and thats without Fairfield County. When adding in Fairfield County we are Top 25 easily. UConn owns the CT sports scene too. The difference is we don’t compete with a 2nd university. Oh, and we win.
Like you said Utah has to compete with BYU and Utah State. They also have one and possibly two big 4 pro sports (Jazz and possibly the Coyotes).

Reaction Score
What I’ll find really funny is when this all transpired and UConn finds its way to the big 12, the media powers that be will re-brand to the Power 4 and then we’ll be in the cold again in G6.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
If they go to 16, we will be in with SDSU and the 4 corner states. If 14, we be on the outside looking in.
They'll have 12 after 7/1/24, so four corners and us and SDSU would be 18. Idk if that's going to happen. I echo some other members in thinking there may be a Col-Conn add scenario if the other Pac members hold fast. Not sure why they would, but it's out there

Reaction Score
What I’ll find really funny is when this all transpired and UConn finds its way to the big 12, the media powers that be will re-brand to the Power 4 and then we’ll be in the cold again in G6.
The ACC is 2 to 4 departures away from G6. Once FSU, Clemson, Miami and NC leave they are in deep deep doo-doo

Reaction Score
The ACC is 2 to 4 departures away from G6. Once FSU, Clemson, Miami and NC leave they are in deep deep doo-doo
I don't think that'll happen. You'll have Pitt, Duke, NC State, GA Tech, Wake, BCU and Blood Orange. The powers that be at ESPN all hail from the bad Orange place. They'll never let that conference be G6.

Reaction Score
They'll have 12 after 7/1/24, so four corners and us and SDSU would be 18. Idk if that's going to happen. I echo some other members in thinking there may be a Col-Conn add scenario if the other Pac members hold fast. Not sure why they would, but it's out there
I was gonna say... I think that guy is confused. There are going to be 12 teams in the Big12 after Texas and OK leave. 12+4 (AZ, ASU, UT, CO) and they're at 16. There's literally no path for UConn if they take those 4 schools.

In my ideal world, they could rescind their BYU invite (or UCF for that matter) and give it to UConn.

Reaction Score
I was gonna say... I think that guy is confused. There are going to be 12 teams in the Big12 after Texas and OK leave. 12+4 (AZ, ASU, UT, CO) and they're at 16. There's literally no path for UConn if they take those 4 schools.

In my ideal world, they could rescind their BYU invite (or UCF for that matter) and give it to UConn.
Even if the four border schools are taken from the Pac12, UConn may still get into the B12. Right now, there are so many rumors and noise getting reported. But at least UConn's name is getting mentioned.

Reaction Score

Who would be the fourth power conference, a stripped down Pac-12!?

Reaction Score

The Big 12 got their TV deal partially because of the Florida market abd UCF football and the BYU brand. UConn is not replacing the schools and maintaining the Big 12's TV contract. But they can definitely join now and add to the value.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
A reply to the tweet:

Louis Oliverio
@LouisOliverio
·
1h

The plan that has been rumored is plucking away the Big East best basketball brands. But that really creates an unwieldy league so not sure.
I hope that isn’t the end game. I don’t think the Big East is our long-term home, but I don’t want to kill it either (though I will take some joy watching the Friars get punted to the curb).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom