Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 425 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yup. I believe Calhoun called Clinton personally to see if he could persuade Shalala take the call but she wouldn’t budge. Probably one of the strangest moments in our conference realignment saga.
I've never heard that before. With your confidence level in it?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Probably a dumb question, but...

why would the Big 12 consider Gonzaga? I know they are good at men's hoops, but football? Any other sport?

Reaction Score

why would the Big 12 consider Gonzaga? I know they are good at men's hoops, but football? Any other sport?
To get into the Pacific Time Zone.

"Big 12 Commissioner Brett Yormark continues to remain steadfast on the idea of the conference eventually getting itself into the pacific time zone.

“We’d love to get into that fourth (Pacific) time zone and we will at some point.”

“I want to truly be a national conference in every respect, both brand and geographic footprint.”

In March, Yormark said:

“I like Gonzaga,” the commissioner said. “But I think as I prioritize what our next move might be on expansion, there’s other things right now that I’m focused on.” (Pac 12 schools)

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I'm not sure this is anything more than bluster.

Reaction Score

"There remains the feeling out there that, should Yormark can get one Pac-12 school to defect, it would create a domino effect leading to the other Four Corners schools -- Arizona, Arizona State and Utah -- fleeing for the Big 12 as well".

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Reaction Score
I believe our only realistic path would be if either one or three of the four schools (Colorado,Utah, Arizona, Arizona St) jumped to the B-12. If zero, two or four jump, we won't be needed.
It makes more sense for the Big 12 to grab Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St, and maybe SDSU/UNLV. UConn will always be there for the taking, and better eastern options may open up later anyway when the ACC sees some movement. If the Big 12 really wants to make trouble, they should aggressively go after Washington and Oregon and force some dominoes to fall.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It makes more sense for the Big 12 to grab Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St, and maybe SDSU/UNLV. UConn will always be there for the taking, and better eastern options may open up later anyway when the ACC sees some movement. If the Big 12 really wants to make trouble, they should aggressively go after Washington and Oregon and force some dominoes to fall.
My point was if not all of the four corners schools that are currently in the P-12 would jump to the B-12. If none, two or four are willing, there won't be a spot for us.

Reaction Score
Doubling down in the state of utah just seems unnecessary. Arizona/Colorado/UConn/SDSU makes the most sense imo. 4 new states and big brands.
I don't see why they don't grab Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington and stake their claim to the west. That's 25 million potential people watching your conference.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't see why they don't grab Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington and stake their claim to the west. That's 25 million potential people watching your conference.
The B10 always gets first pick, I don’t think they can risk moving until they get a definitive no from them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom