Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 316 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys, but I really like Boren.

The more he talks = the more he riles everyone up.

The more everyone gets riled up = the more unstable things become.

The more unstable things become = the better for UConn.

I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon, but I'd prefer lots of drama to everyone quietly accepting the status quo.
I think UCONN gets an ACC or Big Ten invite before anything happens way out there in Big 12 country.

Reaction Score
Nobody is going anywhere for years. There isn't a cable network on the planet that can provide 9 figures for anyone's move.

The conferences are completely at the mercy of Amazon. If Amazon doesn't get involved in live sports their next deals are lower and your Purdues and Wakes sleep with one eye open.

I think it's even bigger than that. IMO, the next go around the SEC & B1G are the only conferences that really get paid. The PAC will do OK primarily because of their geography. But, the ACC & B12 will see a reduction in fees. This causes a rush by schools in both of those conferences to try & find a way to join either the SEC or B1G.

In that scenario I'm pretty sure UConn doesn't make the cut. There will however be a lot of schools looking for a home and we can be a part of the "best of the rest" conference. That conference will provide an increase in revenues to us for sure. That puts UConn back in a strong position. It puts us on equal footing with BC & Cuse since neither of them are making the SEC/B1G cut either. If given an equal chance, I'm sure UConn will succeed.

Reaction Score
I think it's even bigger than that. IMO, the next go around the SEC & B1G are the only conferences that really get paid. The PAC will do OK primarily because of their geography. But, the ACC & B12 will see a reduction in fees. This causes a rush by schools in both of those conferences to try & find a way to join either the SEC or B1G.

In that scenario I'm pretty sure UConn doesn't make the cut. There will however be a lot of schools looking for a home and we can be a part of the "best of the rest" conference. That conference will provide an increase in revenues to us for sure. That puts UConn back in a strong position. It puts us on equal footing with BC & Cuse since neither of them are making the SEC/B1G cut either. If given an equal chance, I'm sure UConn will succeed.
If that's how things pan out, I can definitely see the B1G grabbing both UCONN and BC.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So why would ND fully join for football? I want to believe it, but struggling to think of a reason other than some how it improves their odds of a National title.

Reaction Score
So why would ND fully join for football? I want to believe it, but struggling to think of a reason other than some how it improves their odds of a National title.
Option 1-Because we're super duper nice and want to be a good conference mate.
Option 2- Brando doesn't know squat of the inner workings of ND and needed to talk about something in the offseason.

Reaction Score

Brando predicted, last summer, ND would join ACC within three years...Said coach really wants to join conference...but also hedges and says that Notre Dame has to be enticed by money (not likely) or it becomes clear that Notre Dame will never play for a football championship as an indy.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Brando was right about the ACC network, so I'll give him some leeway here. Thought it was interesting that he noted the Baby Boomer ND fans are militant about independence, while Gen X and millennial ND fans are "seeing the light"... Recruits don't know the history and mystique, they want to play for conference championships.

Also says if Texas and OU get back to being successful, the B12 will re-sign the GOR.

Reaction Score
Brando was right about the ACC network, so I'll give him some leeway here. Thought it was interesting that he noted the Baby Boomer ND fans are militant about independence, while Gen X and millennial ND fans are "seeing the light"... Recruits don't know the history and mystique, they want to play for conference championships.

Also says if Texas and OU get back to being successful, the B12 will re-sign the GOR.
I will give Brando some credit on the Gen X and millennial thing. They're's not as militant about independence, but Brando misses where the money flow from, that would be the boomers .

Reaction Score

Brando predicted, last summer, ND would join ACC within three years...Said coach really wants to join conference...but also hedges and says that Notre Dame has to be enticed by money (not likely) or it becomes clear that Notre Dame will never play for a football championship as an indy.
Brian Kelly really would want to join I assume, but Brian needs to worry about getting fired not independence. He isn't a deciding factor here. Independence absolutely hurts us more than helps I believe on the field. Off the field the university loves the marketing angle.

Reaction Score
If that's how things pan out, I can definitely see the B1G grabbing both UConn and BC.

The entertainment value of watching this board erupt might be worth something, but there's no way that BC, with or without it's ridiculous price tag, is coming to the Big Ten. Well, the long shot would be if the P4 goes to a 20 x 4, but I don't see that either.

Reaction Score
Forgot that they want Denver for the hockey side also. Part of ND master plan of turning the heathen Big 10 into a Catholic conference. Slow playing you all.

This just in. Gotta wake up pretty early to fool the coach.
C-W6e5EWAAApsqc.jpg

Reaction Score
Don't laugh, agree it's a long shot, but it could happen, with BC, UConn, and Rutgers they lock up the entire northeast college sports TV market from New Jersey and New York all the way to Boston and northwards, they also grab two good hockey programs, two schools with great academics and rivalries in all sports along with Rutgers. It also allows a dominant footprint in recruiting in the Northeast for the B1G. BC would jump at the invite and so would UConn, even if they were already in the ACC. And if UConn Football takes off with Edsall back in charge and with a terrific staff (Lashlee, Wholley) under him, it only makes things more likely.

No. And no. And no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom