Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 315 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Only way the Big 12 implodes is if Texas leaves. That would start the dominos. Highly unlikely the Big 10 or PAC 12 grabs Oklahoma by itself.

Agree with the 3rd sentence, but if the unlikely ever were to happen, Texas would have no choice. They'd leave.

Reaction Score
Agree with the 3rd sentence, but if the unlikely ever were to happen, Texas would have no choice. They'd leave.
What's more likely is the AAC is raided by the Big 12, probably taking Houston and Cinncinatti which gives them 12 teams.

Reaction Score
What's more likely is the AAC is raided by the Big 12, probably taking Houston and Cinncinatti which gives them 12 teams.

Texas and the 11 dwarfs? I don't see it. Texas is gone if Oklahoma leaves. Texas isn't sticking around to subsidize Cincy and Houston.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Texas and the 11 dwarfs? I don't see it. Texas is gone if Oklahoma leaves. Texas isn't sticking around to subsidize Cincy and Houston.
They will so long as the LHN money keeps rolling in.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma isn't going anywhere until Texas says it's time.

Reaction Score
Tulsa World sports columnist - interesting comment on AAU

Guerin Emig‏ @GuerinEmig 52m 52 minutes ago
"David Boren responds to Paul Finebaum declarations" tweets coming up... #Sooners

Boren: "I think we're really looking ahead at a whole wave of realignment as these (TV) contracts come to an end.. 4 or 5 years away from it

Guerin Emig‏ @GuerinEmig 50m 50 minutes ago
Boren: "I haven't wanted us to extend our grant of rights by 20 years or something like that so that OU would have no choices."

Guerin Emig ‏@GuerinEmig 50m 50 minutes ago
Boren: "Very important to always have the possibility of making a move if we want to, but assure you we don't have any plans to make a move"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 49m 49 minutes ago
Boren: "I don't disagree with the thought that it's in our interest that the Big 12 succeed. So no, we're not desperate to go anywhere else"

Guerin Emig‏@GuerinEmig 48m 48 minutes ago
Boren: "Question is are you in a conference that's going to have a chance to play for national championships and going to be in playoffs?"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 46m 46 minutes ago
Boren on Big 12: "Financially, it's not a great hardship, frankly... What we're getting per school is not really out of line with others"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 45m 45 minutes ago
Boren: "We’re in pretty stable position w/ the Big 12, and I don’t look till 4 or 5 yrs from now for all these things to become fluid again"

Guerin Emig‏ @GuerinEmig 45m 45 minutes ago
Boren on Big Ten: "I would say AAU membership itself might not be what decides (OU isn't AAU), but your academic reputation matters."

Reaction Score

They all seem consistent for the most part in what he (Boren) said

Soonerscoop.com:

John Shinn‏ @john_shinn 1h 1 hour ago
Boren said it was in OU's best interest for the Big 12 to succeed. But he refuses to close the door on other options. [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sooners?src=hash']#Sooners
[/URL]

Boren believes major conference realignment discussion coming in the next 3-5 years. (That coincides with the Big Ten's rights deal).

Boren said OU has had discussions with the Pac-12, Big Ten and the SEC in the past. "We don’t have any plans to right now," Boren said.

More Boren on other conference options: "We’re glad to be wanted. We’re always open to nice comments and people opening the door to us."

Reaction Score
Tulsa World sports columnist - interesting comment on AAU

"David Boren responds to Paul Finebaum declarations" tweets coming up... #Sooners

Boren: "I think we're really looking ahead at a whole wave of realignment as these (TV) contracts come to an end.. 4 or 5 years away from it

Guerin Emig‏ @GuerinEmig 50m 50 minutes ago
Boren: "I haven't wanted us to extend our grant of rights by 20 years or something like that so that OU would have no choices."

Guerin Emig ‏@GuerinEmig 50m 50 minutes ago
Boren: "Very important to always have the possibility of making a move if we want to, but assure you we don't have any plans to make a move"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 49m 49 minutes ago
Boren: "I don't disagree with the thought that it's in our interest that the Big 12 succeed. So no, we're not desperate to go anywhere else"

Guerin Emig‏@GuerinEmig 48m 48 minutes ago
Boren: "Question is are you in a conference that's going to have a chance to play for national championships and going to be in playoffs?"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 46m 46 minutes ago
Boren on Big 12: "Financially, it's not a great hardship, frankly... What we're getting per school is not really out of line with others"

Guerin Emig @GuerinEmig 45m 45 minutes ago
Boren: "We’re in pretty stable position w/ the Big 12, and I don’t look till 4 or 5 yrs from now for all these things to become fluid again"

Guerin Emig‏ @GuerinEmig 45m 45 minutes ago
Boren on Big Ten: "I would say AAU membership itself might not be what decides (OU isn't AAU), but your academic reputation matters."

New article that goes w/ Tweets: David Boren commits to Big 12 ... 'at this point in time'

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IMG_3471.PNG
Actual key tweet

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody is going anywhere for years. There isn't a cable network on the planet that can provide 9 figures for anyone's move.

The conferences are completely at the mercy of Amazon. If Amazon doesn't get involved in live sports their next deals are lower and your Purdues and Wakes sleep with one eye open.

Reaction Score
Sometimes tradition and rivalry may trump a few dollars....(see what I did, there?)

I find it interesting that Wake and North Carolina are meeting in OOC games in 2019 and 2021 (years they don't play each other in conference).

Reaction Score
the B12 should invite all the G5 schools to come one by one and make a 1 hour sales pitch on why they'd be the best choice to join the B12. There could be videos, a deck, celebrity endorsements...

I envision the B12 Commissioner ensconced on a raised throne like a medieval king, while emissaries from foreign lands line up to present themselves and their lavish gifts.

If an emissary is rewarded and his land is adjoined to the kingdom, the emissary is draped in a burnt orange stole...representing the yoke...a symbol of subservience and serving.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I envision the B12 Commissioner ensconced on a raised throne like a medieval king, while emissaries from foreign lands line up to present themselves and their lavish gifts.

If an emissary is rewarded and his land is adjoined to the kingdom, the emissary is draped in a burnt orange stole...representing the yoke...a symbol of subservience and serving.

Except the throne is just an old toilet and the burnt oange thing isn't a stole, it's stuck to the bottom of their shoe.

Reaction Score
Except the throne is just an old toilet and the burnt orange thing isn't a stole, it's stuck to the bottom of their shoe.

Yet still would come the kings from the east, following yonder star.....that star in the sky would compel them forward......

Like the flash of a lighthouse denoting safe harbor draws a sailor from stormy sea.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys, but I really like Boren.

The more he talks = the more he riles everyone up.

The more everyone gets riled up = the more unstable things become.

The more unstable things become = the better for UConn.

I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon, but I'd prefer lots of drama to everyone quietly accepting the status quo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom