Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 317 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Show me where that article mentions BC.
It doesn't, but over the past ten years BC's name has come up in Big Ten expansion in various articles. Hockey, their academic standing, the Northeast TV market, is compelling especially if you combine that with UCONN and Rutgers. Another poster even said this morning that they read that ND wants in the Big Ten but only if they also take BC.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Reading the first few pages of this thread before the big announcement is the saddest thing ever. How did it not happen!?!

Reaction Score
No, I believed it. I didn't realize that other UConn fans (so called) live on their computers 24 hours a day, and troll all the forums with their only mission is to irritate UConn alumni, and I'll bet you all of them never went to UConn, much less graduated college. When I read that I actually did a search and did find some articles about BC, hockey, and the B1G. Lol

I was pulling @nd73 s chain since we were engaged in conversation there. And if @TerryD gets pulled in, all the better.

@huskyrob1, I hope to see UConn in the Big Ten someday and I do what I can on a couple boards to support the cause. If you should find a nice home elsewhere in the "Power" world I would be happy for you there as well.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

tl;dr: ND full membership in ACC not happening anytime soon, talks are basically hypothetical.

Reaction Score
Tim Brando‏ @TimBrando 13m 13 minutes ago
Replying to @HoopsWeiss
Let's pump the breaks here Hoops! I've stated there have been discussions, informal yes, but it's my strong opinion it's a matter of time.

That's not exactly going out on a limb but the definition of time relative to change is different for ND.

Ironically as the ACC Championsbip Game has a greater impact on tbe CFB Playoff, the more it marginalizes ND and their value as a quasi-independent. Until they dominate their ACC competition, all the promotion in the world won't be able to change the perception amongst the top recruits as to where they have the greatest stage to showcase their talent. The stage is the CFB playoff and ND has a very difficult path to it as an independent vs a full conference member. The landscape has changed but the thought process at ND moves at a glacial pace. Not sure where or if there's a tipping point to that mindset but can't see any way ND gains access to the Conference CG without a full conference schedule. And now that the ACC has already upped their stature without them there should be no desperation to make further concessions.

What are the metrics you look at as ND Administration that overrides the historic attachment to FB independence? From 2016 to 2025 they are scheduled to recieve $15 mil per season for 7 NON-ESPN home games. Why would ESPN/ACC bring them on during that timeframe?

Reaction Score
Replying to @HoopsWeiss
Let's pump the breaks here Hoops! I've stated there have been discussions, informal yes, but it's my strong opinion it's a matter of time.

That's not exactly going out on a limb but the definition of time relative to change is different for ND.

Ironically as the ACC Championsbip Game has a greater impact on tbe CFB Playoff, the more it marginalizes ND and their value as a quasi-independent. Until they dominate their ACC competition, all the promotion in the world won't be able to change the perception amongst the top recruits as to where they have the greatest stage to showcase their talent. The stage is the CFB playoff and ND has a very difficult path to it as an independent vs a full conference member. The landscape has changed but the thought process at ND moves at a glacial pace. Not sure where or if there's a tipping point to that mindset but can't see any way ND gains access to the Conference CG without a full conference schedule. And now that the ACC has already upped their stature without them there should be no desperation to make further concessions.

What are the metrics you look at as ND Administration that overrides the historic attachment to FB independence? From 2016 to 2025 they are scheduled to recieve $15 mil per season for 7 home games. Why would the ACC bring them on during that timeframe?

The old NBC contract from 2010 to 2015 paid ND $15 million per year.

ND/NBC renewed for ten years, not five, f0r the 2015-25 time frame.

The contract is private, but ND sources say the number is $22-23 million, not the old $15 million dollar figure, fwiw.

Reaction Score
The old NBC contract from 2010 to 2015 paid ND $15 million per year.

ND/NBC renewed for ten years, not five, f0r the 2015-25 time frame.

The contract is private, but ND sources say the number is $22-23 million, not the old $15 million dollar figure, fwiw.

Even better. I read an inaccurate article then.

Reaction Score
The stage is the CFB playoff and ND has a very difficult path to it as an independent vs a full conference member.

Dunno about that. A 2-loss ND team is probably in. Whereas a 2 loss team that loses in the ACC championship is probably out.

Reaction Score
Dunno about that. A 2-loss ND team is probably in. Whereas a 2 loss team that loses in the ACC championship is probably out.
A two loss Notre Dame squad makes the College Football playoffs? No way. Unless they had two 2 pt losses to Alabama and Clemson, that's not happening. What's more likely is two losses to Wisconsin and USC or Arizona by maybe a lot more than 2 points.

Reaction Score
A two loss Notre Dame squad makes the College Football playoffs? No way. Unless they had two 2 pt losses to Alabama and Clemson, that's not happening. What's more likely is two losses to Wisconsin and USC or Arizona by maybe a lot more than 2 points.

You are right. In 2015, ND went 10-2 in the regular season.

The two losses? 2 point losses on the road at Clemson and at Stanford. No playoff, which is ok by me. Try again next year.

(ND hasn't played Wisconsin in decades and I can't recall the Irish ever playing Arizona).

Reaction Score
Refreshing to have our faint hopes crushed in a timely manner of a few days instead of stringing it out for a year like the BXII.
Actually rule number 1 would have had Notre Dame and USF joining

Reaction Score
I have always thought that Texas moving to the SEC West would make a killer division...Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Alabama.

Some folks said that would never fly because you couldn't separate Alabama- Auburn to move Mizzou to the West...

Now, Auburn's Coach Gus Malzhan and former coach Pat Dye have both come out advocating that Auburn move to the SEC East...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on rumblings of move to SEC East: 'Obviously it makes sense'

Reaction Score
Going to a conference size of 16...with round robin divisions, does pose a problem with long standing rivalries....permanent crossovers with a nine game conference schedule could save such a primary rivalry..like Auburn-Alabama.

Reaction Score
I have always thought that Texas moving to the SEC West would make a killer division...Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Alabama.

Some folks said that would never fly because you couldn't separate Alabama- Auburn to move Mizzou to the West...

Now, Auburn's Coach Gus Malzhan and former coach Pat Dye have both come out advocating that Auburn move to the SEC East...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on rumblings of move to SEC East: 'Obviously it makes sense'

Makes sense but doubt it will happen.

Mizzou will oppose. Tennessee will oppose (since it would lose its yearly crossover game v longstanding rival Alabama).

Reaction Score
LouisvilleSportsLive‏ @LvilleSprtsLive 7h7 hours ago
.@TimBrando #NotreDame: conversations have taken place about potentially joining the #ACC for football.

Dick Weiss‏ @HoopsWeiss 56m 56 minutes ago
tim brando of fox reporting notre dame in conversations to become full time acc member.

Replying to @HoopsWeiss

Tim Brando‏ @TimBrando 1h 1 hour ago
Noticed Brian Kelly told Rotary Club His Dept. "Values Independence". A statement that belies comments privately & on record in past to me.

Tim Brando‏ @TimBrando 1h 1 hour ago
I'll repeat one last time. There was NEVER a report by me. So ND bloggers and local television stations. I answered a ? on a radio show..ok?

Reaction Score
College Hotline: The Pac-12 revenue deficit (relative to SEC, Big Ten) is real, and it’s spectacular

Distributions:

2016 (actual)

SEC: $40.5 million
Big Ten: $34.8 million
Pac-12: $28.7 million
Big 12: $28.45 million
(The ACC has not reported FY16.)

2017 (projected)

SEC: $44 million
Big Ten: $38 million
Big 12: $34 million (per commissioner Bob Bowlsby)
Pac-12: $29.5 million

2018 (projected)

SEC: $45+ million
Big Ten: $45 million (new Tier 1 deal)
Big 12: $37.5 million
Pac-12: $32.5 million

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads