Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 717 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
PAC 18?

Of the 14 AAC programs it would leave out Charlotte, Tulsa and Wichita State. Seems like the AAC would simply say join us, or don't. 14 AAC + 4 PAC + SDSU, CSU, Boise, and ??? 22 is the number.

And as crazy as it sounds, is that a conference UConn would consider rejoining?

Reaction Score
Would the ACC have been better without such a deal?

Truthfully, yes. Football is the only real value at ND for a conference and the ACC took them in everything but. The look of that is embarrassing to say the least. If another conference takes that same deal because you wouldn't let them have their cake and eat it too, point and laugh at them rather than fret that you didn't take a deal that literally only benefits ND.

Reaction Score
Of the 14 AAC programs it would leave out Charlotte, Tulsa and Wichita State. Seems like the AAC would simply say join us, or don't. 14 AAC + 4 PAC + SDSU, CSU, Boise, and ??? 22 is the number.

And as crazy as it sounds, is that a conference UConn would consider rejoining?
Yes - crazy

Reaction Score
Truthfully, yes. Football is the only real value at ND for a conference and the ACC took them in everything but. The look of that is embarrassing to say the least. If another conference takes that same deal because you wouldn't let them have their cake and eat it too, point and laugh at them rather than fret that you didn't take a deal that literally only benefits ND.
ND actually competes at a fairly high level in other Olympic sports and is a great fit for the ACC, as it was with the Big East. We mock them for hoops but the golden domers are golden. Lax champions. Women's hoops. Baseball. 26 varsity programs. Very similar to Stanford but supposedly better football.

That said, F ND

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN+ is a good experience IF you have the right cable system. I have Xfinity and Spectrum and ESPN+ is great on Xfinity and terrible on Spectrum.

In case anyone didn't notice, all of the recent conference media deals include a streaming component.
Isn't ESPN+ strictly streaming? I don't think it is part of any cable service.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Closure? Ha yeah.

The CRA will not stop until the ACC finds stability and the PAC4 find their homes.

My guess is that the B12 and its media partners decided to wait on the ACC implosion before making its next move.

In the meantime UConn will keep the audition strong with football this fall and our BB this winter.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Per Pat Forde, the ACC has a meeting today. Might be one last time to flip UNC and NC state to accept Stanford/Cal/SMU.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score

Burn it all to the ground. Hope G5s kill these stupid schools this year in football at every opportunity

Cracking Up Lol GIF

tried to tell you guys. we never wanted you. here’s to 50 more years of big east unity!

Reaction Score
While it sucks, I dont think this our last shot at Big12. String together a couple strong football years and if/when ACC blows up, you could argue that we would be better position for the Big12 to take than some of those ACC schools.

And if we dont get the invite ever (most likely), we can still band together with the left out ACC schools because I can promise you BC/Cuse/Wake will be left out when the ACC blows up. Maybe even VT or Duke also does. That is not a terrible scenario.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
While it sucks, I dont think this our last shot at Big12. String together a couple strong football years and if/when ACC blows up, you could argue that we would be better position for the Big12 to take than some of those ACC schools.

And if we dont get the invite ever (most likely), we can still band together with the left out ACC schools because I can promise you BC/Cuse/Wake will be left out when the ACC blows up. Maybe even VT or Duke also does. That is not a terrible scenario.
That is pretty much our course ahead. Enjoy Mora this fall....make a splash there. Then do it all again with Hurley and Co this winter/spring.

Our nightmare is the Pac4-AAC.

Reaction Score

There are going to be a lot of today's so-called power schools on the outside looking in like us after the next realignment. Who would have thought a month ago that schools like Stanford or Cal would suddenly find themselves a part of that growing club?

Reaction Score
That is pretty much our course ahead. Enjoy Mora this fall....make a splash there. Then do it all again with Hurley and Co this winter/spring.

Our nightmare is the Pac4-AAC.
Our nightmare is Mora leaves, and the plan is to catch lightning in a bottle on the cheap. Every G5 that got called up was paying competitive P5 type salary for their FB staff. The longer you are on the outside looking in, the more expensive that will become. At this point, it's whatever. Brining in Edsall under the terms they did will likely be the most expensive thing this school ever did as far as athletics.

Reaction Score
Isn't ESPN+ strictly streaming? I don't think it is part of any cable service.

I have a subscription to ESPN+, but I access it through my Xfinity sports guide as it includes live ESPN+ games. I go to the sports guide, click on the graphic and I see the game. I also have access to all of the streaming services (Netflix/Prime/Max,...) through my Xfinity guide. They are all 2 clicks on my remote. It's very slow to switch back and forth between linear and streaming ESPN+ games, but its not impossible and I don't have to log in each time I switch.

I also have access to ESPN+ through my my computer.

With Spectrum, I do not have access to my streaming service through their guides. I have to use my smart TV and go through the internet.

From Xfinity's web site:

Streaming apps on X1 and Flex: Access to Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, Max, and Paramount+ on Xfinity requires an eligible set-top box with Xfinity TV and Internet service. Disney+, Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Max, and Paramount+ subscriptions required. Viewing uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Streaming content limited to the U.S. Separate charges apply to On Demand and certain streaming services.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
As an athletic program, I think it’s time to close the book on this period of realignment.

What needs to happen on field is obvious. Off the field, I think attentions should turn to negotiating bowl tie ins and getting a better football TV deal

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Our nightmare is Mora leaves, and the plan is to catch lightning in a bottle on the cheap. Every G5 that got called up was paying competitive P5 type salary for their FB staff. The longer you are on the outside looking in, the more expensive that will become. At this point, it's whatever. Brining in Edsall under the terms they did will likely be the most expensive thing this school ever did as far as athletics.
Keeping Mora will require a very special donor.

Reaction Score
I like Mora and I hope he stays, but I think the biggest positive change for the football team is the change in the administration. There are more resources for football and there is greater use of the transfer portal to bring in talent.

What was most important for attracting up and coming coaches at the successful G5s was the ability of that coach to win and advance his career. UCF: Scott Frost 2 years, Josh Heupel 3 years. Cincy: Dantonio 3 years, Kelly 4 years, Butch Jones 3 years, Fickell 6 years. Houston: Briles 5 years, Sumlin 4 years, Herman 2 years.

If Mora lays the foundation, shows you can win at UConn, and gets a huge raise to leave, up and coming coaches will take notice. Unfortunately, the last 3 head football coaches at UConn were all fired and made the UConn job look like a dead end.

Reaction Score
that conference is gross and there is no way in hell Cal/Stanford are joining up with UNT, UTSA, FAU, etc.
They're probably setting it up so that Wazzu and OR State can have a home and then they'll move to the Big Ten not long afterwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom