Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 640 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm a bit cranky at the moment on how things have transpired but I'm getting a bit pissed at the hoping for the ACC to come in and offer us a spot.
They are basically the HS girl who would bang almost anyone when she looked like this:
View attachment 90368

But there was one guy she wouldn't have anything ton so with until years later when she looked like this:

View attachment 90369

Correct.

And with the big 12 the big 12 is the hot girl, we’re the nice guy buying her flowers and getting nowhere while she is hooking up with Arizona asu and utah anytime they send a 2 am “u up?” text

Reaction Score
They still need one more.
I have no doubt Stanford and Cal will end up in the B1G. If nothing else, B1G schools want to be associated with these 2 schools and vice versa. I predicted it years ago B1G will take USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington. It is all coming true unfortunately.

It will be the new Big 20, and soon to be Big 24 when they take a bunch from the ACC.

SEC, ACC, B12 - What's your next move? Anyone got a plan to go to 24?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Also, Fox has us at $4.5M now and probably less than that when the renewal comes in.

Pretty powerful motivation to say no.
Why do you think that fox will reduce the value of the big East deal? I could see the argument for a nominal increase, or even standing pat, but I can't see it getting reduced.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Correct.

And with the big 12 the big 12 is the hot girl, we’re the nice guy buying her flowers and getting nowhere while she is hooking up with Arizona asu and utah anytime they send a 2 am “u up?” text
More like Arizona dragged their friends along to the party and they don't really want to be there and are ignoring the hot girl but she's still trying to get with them anyways.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why do you think that fox will reduce the value of the big East deal? I could see the argument for a nominal increase, or even standing pat, but I can't see it getting reduced.
Yeah, because the PAC's media partners were so willing to negotiate up with them.....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kind of like Susie's "We are champions...blah..blah...blah" after we got out maneuvered by Louisville community college for the ACC spot.

Welcome to the MWC Washington State!
Sort of. Just like we kept the Big East NCAA credit money, so will they in the Pac. So they aren't moving, but they will need to get it to 10 schools.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have no doubt Stanford and Cal will end up in the B1G. If nothing else, B1G schools want to be associated with these 2 schools and vice versa. I predicted it years ago B1G will take USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington. It is all coming true unfortunately.

It will be the new Big 20, and soon to be Big 24 when they take a bunch from the ACC.

Seems logical unless you consider the ACC will break up in the near future. Big is at 18 now and they may want to go southeast.

Reaction Score
Sort of. Just like we kept the Big East NCAA credit money, so will they in the Pac. So they aren't moving, but they will need to get it to 10 schools.
Yes. the difference is there is no exist fees for the PAC-12 since their media deal ends this year. If I were them, I still keep the PAC-12 name, and invite a ton of MWC schools to get back up to 12. PAC-12 name is still worth more than the MWC.

Reaction Score
Seems logical unless you consider the ACC will break up in the near future. Big is at 18 now and they may want to go southeast.
Don't think the ACC will survive the next round. It will be buffet time as soon as 2035 when the ACC GOR is about to expire. What is happening to the PAC right now is what will await the ACC in the near future. I just want UCONN to get a seat at the table, and the B12 is the best option right now.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Careful, are you saying all Jayhawks are the same?
For purposes of conference realignment and regarding my reference they. But HuskyHawk is UConn centric and GoKu has already gone the FriarJ route.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Not sure what Stanford and Cal bring to the B1G at this point. I think the B1G is now done until the ACC implodes. B1G eventually gets to 24 with :

-Notre Dame
-UNC
-Virginia
-Georgia Tech
-Florida State
-Miami

Reaction Score
Don't think the ACC will survive the next round. It will be buffet time as soon as 2035 when the ACC GOR is about to expire. What is happening to the PAC right now is what will await the ACC in the near future. I just want UCONN to get a seat at the table, and the B12 is the best option right now.
I see the reverse. The B12 is going to get a haircut in 2031. Teams will start clamoring to get into the ACC.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Seven schools I believe want to break the GOR. How hard is it going to be for their competitors to entice some holdouts to join those seven in a vote to dissolve the conference?

If I had any doubts prior to this week they are now gone.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Stanford and Cal bring to the B1G at this point. I think the B1G is now done until the ACC implodes. B1G eventually gets to 24 with :

-Notre Dame
-UNC
-Virginia
-Georgia Tech
-Florida State
-Miami
Georgia Tech? They are not worth that much. A couple of those schools end up in the SEC. And the value of Miami is questionable.

Reaction Score
The GOR will keep the ACC together through 2036. The question is what does ESPN do to increase the value of the teams they have and the two conference networks that they own 50% of. Otherwise at some point in the future they will lose more teams to B1G/Fox/NBC/CBS.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I see the reverse. The B12 is going to get a haircut in 2031. Teams will start clamoring to get into the ACC.
Doubtful. At least Seven of the best ACC programs will be gone by then.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
What I am curious about is what is the SEC going to do at this point? They don't play second fiddle to anyone in their minds and the B1G just made a huge play. The SEC has no ability to respond until the ACC GOR expires. And even then, I think that the B1G will be getting first dibs on the ACC teams before the SEC. They are likely going to be stuck taking some combination of Clemson, Virginia Tech, NC State, Duke, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Kansas, etc....hardly the impact that the B1G is going to have.

Reaction Score
Seven schools I believe want to break the GOR. How hard is it going to be for their competitors to entice some holdouts to join those seven in a vote to dissolve the conference?

If I had any doubts prior to this week they are now gone.
All SEC and B1G have to do is pick 4 teams each from the ACC, send a message to those schools that they are in if they get out of the ACC, and it can be done right now.

It will just take some coordination between the B1G and the SEC in the back channels, and it can happen in a week. I am pretty sure that's the next move cause no ACC schools want to wait 13 years to see their fate. If all 8 ACC schools have the next home planned out, they can and will dissolve the ACC tomorrow.

ESPN might get SEC to do this now before FOX/B1G take more teams down the road.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

-Notre Dame
-UNC
-Virginia
-Georgia Tech
-Florida State
-Miami
The 24 team model makes sense. Who do have the SEC taking?

Reaction Score
Doubtful. At least Seven of the best ACC programs will be gone by then.
I count 5 at best, but more likely only 4.

Which do you think have that value?

Notre Dame, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida St, Clemson.

That's it.

If I had to predict, it would be ND and Virginia to the B1G, with UNC and Florida St to the SEC.

My only question really is Clemson. It depends on whether the SEC wants to duplicate a small state.

Either way, the leftovers of the ACC would be a lot more compelling than the B12 when it comes to markets. They'd have Atlanta, South Carolina, Raleigh Durham, parts of Virginia, Pittsburgh, etc., these are heavily populated areas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom