Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 639 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Both ESPN and fox have indicated that they will treat the addition of Connecticut as if it were a P5 addition and give us a full share.

lmfao they have?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, it's not like you can make FSU more upset, right? They're already talking their garbage anyway.
"You flap your gums, you get Connecticut!"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm a bit cranky at the moment on how things have transpired but I'm getting a bit pissed at the hoping for the ACC to come in and offer us a spot.

They are basically the HS girl who would bang almost anyone when she looked like this:
BF1.png

But there was one guy she wouldn't have anything ton so with until years later when she looked like this:

BF2.png

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Every current P5 team the Big 12 adds is an automatic $33mish kicker.

Not true. The automatic kicker for the B12 is only in the contract to get back to 14 teams right now (Colorado and Arizona). The automatic pro-rata in the contract for the B12 beyond 14 teams does not kick in until 2025 according to reports. Thus any additions beyond Colorado and Arizona are not an automatic pro-rate increase and need to be negotiated. In 2025, it will be automatic. Which is why there is likely negotiations needed with team 15 and 16 to get a reduced payout for a few years.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
As per Yormark and the Baylor AD, yes, they have.

I thought the report was the ESPN had agreed to the 'UConn P5 rate', but that Fox had not agreed (the B12 is a combo ESPN and Fox deal). Fox has UConn locked in at the Big East rate, so no big interest in paying 5x what they are already paying for UConn.

Reaction Score
I thought the report was the ESPN had agreed to the 'UConn P5 rate', but that Fox had not agreed (the B12 is a combo ESPN and Fox deal). Fox has UConn locked in at the Big East rate, so no big interest in paying 5x what they are already paying for UConn.
State of CT should offer to pay FOX the difference to get UCONN into the B12.

CL82

Reaction Score
I do know that Fox needs to approve separately for its 1/3 share. My recollection of the Baylor tweet was that both had approved Connecticut, but that was a couple of weeks ago now.

Reaction Score
Are they interested in survival? Are you watching this carnage? I said it yesterday and it is still true, they should add UConn, Cal and Stanford right now. Unfortunately, ESPN would have to sign off on that.
Unfortunately they would most likely only add Cal and Stanford and leave UConn for when ND joins

Reaction Score
Probably less but the amount would still be greater to those schools then they receive now and most likely significantly greater. That’s the calculation Yormark is working with.

And the media entities working with him have calculated it’s more profitable for them as well and indicated this to him when they backed his vision.

The statement by C9C9 if he is a reliable source indicated we are considered the number 1 bb brand in the number 2 sport.

UConn is to basketball what Alabama is to football.
Definitely significantly greater. But that's because the NCAA takes $800m a year. What I'm saying is that the nonP3s should hold out for something much more than they get now.

Reaction Score
In a couple of moves, B1G basically took all the PAC-12 top properties. As a result, now B12 has all the leverage to add the teams they wanted in the first place. Hopefully, ASU and UTAH don't have the leverage they had last week. If the B12 is smart, they add us and ASU right now. They DON'T NEED UTAH.

CL82

Reaction Score
Definitely significantly greater. But that's because the NCAA takes $800m a year. What I'm saying is that the nonP3s should hold out for something much more than they get now.
What leverage would they have?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They should negotiate as a collective.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In a couple of moves, B1G basically took all the PAC-12 top properties. As a result, now B12 has all the leverage to add the teams they wanted in the first place. Hopefully, ASU and UTAH don't have the leverage they had last week. If the B12 is smart, they add us and ASU right now. They DON'T NEED UTAH.
They still need one more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom