Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 638 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Hopefully the ACC decides to add two schools to keep up with everyone else. They could offer us a half share until 2036 and we would jump at it. Potential partners would be WVU, Tulane, SMU.
How's that WVU pitch gonna go?

Hey you know how you're making pretty good money in the Big 12?

How about you come make less money in a conference that's going to get picked over when the GOR expires instead?

...Hello?

Reaction Score
If we had a fraction of Oregon St's football track record we would have been in a P-5 more than a decade ago.
Since joining the PAC they've had a .368 winning percentage

Reaction Score
It's still fascinating there's been nothing firm from Arizona, let alone those, and we have multiple sources already confirming Oregon & Washington are going to the B1G

My guess is that ASU, U of A and Utah will all end up in the XII but, now that they have all lost leverage:

1. There will probably be a discussion about Stanford, if not Cal as well;
2. Yormark certainly has time to make his case for UConn; and
3. Even if there is no uncertainty about who is coming, giving ASU's and Utah's expressed disdain for the Big XII, why not let them twist in the wind for a bit?

Reaction Score
The only conclusion I see is that the B1G knew they would eventually add those two and saw an opportunity to add them now at a discount.
I think there was always an expectation that the BiG would add more west coast schools to go with ucla usc. The thought was they were just waiting to get the SoCal schools on board and integrate them.

And yesterday it was confirmed that Wash and Ore had already been vetted, last year I think.

Reaction Score
I fully agree with your sentence. I respectfully fully disagree with your second. I don't think they bring anything worthy of $30M a year.
But ASU does?

(Not to mention KSU TT Hou WV …)

Reaction Score
But ASU does?

(Not to mention KSU TT Hou WV …)
It's irrelevant whether schools in a conference bring the per school payment or not -- just relevant for potential new additions.

ASU is a huge school, in a large and growing metropolis, who over time has had plenty of periods where they are above average on a P5 level in both hoops and pigskin. Am I hard pressed to make a case that, if we can be worth $30M to the XII, so could they? No, I am not hard pressed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Since joining the PAC they've had a .368 winning percentage
Yeah, and for the lion's share of that time we were meandering in the Yankee Conference. If we played similar schedules to them over the past 65 years our winning percentage would have been around .120 (with nearly every win coming between 2003 to 2015).

Yes, on the top level most of these schools accomplished very little. The thing is, our story is we weren't even willing to try to compete on that level until this century and with that we were pretty solid for a while then fell off the map. As school we have a number of things going for us but when football becomes part of the equation, even of we were to exclude everything that anyone did prior to 2000 we need to get in line behind about 100 schools.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking the ACC will try and grab Stanford and Cal. I wonder what type of $$$ that would bring to the ACC if any.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who is the other hawk guy?
1691176310400.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
he was referring to the NYC market. And also, did not claim to be an insider.
He claimed to be media connected. Got the impression he was more than a reporter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because this is supposed to be Key Tweets. Bilas is doing Bilas things.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The coda from Layla keeps playing in my head along with this scene.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the ACC decides to add two schools to keep up with everyone else. They could offer us a half share until 2036 and we would jump at it. Potential partners would be WVU (doubtful) Tulane, SMU. ACC basketball could use a boost.
Actually UConn and USF would be better.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What incentive does the ACC have to add us. They do not have a forward thinking later like the Big 12.
Are they interested in survival? Are you watching this carnage? I said it yesterday and it is still true, they should add UConn, Cal and Stanford right now. Unfortunately, ESPN would have to sign off on that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's irrelevant whether schools in a conference bring the per school payment or not -- just relevant for potential new additions.

ASU is a huge school, in a large and growing metropolis, who over time has had plenty of periods where they are above average on a P5 level in both hoops and pigskin. Am I hard pressed to make a case that, if we can be worth $30M to the XII, so could they? No, I am not hard pressed.

Every current P5 team the Big 12 adds is an automatic $33mish kicker.

UConn is not an automatic $33m.

This may prove to be an issue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Every current P5 team the Big 12 adds is an automatic $33mish kicker.

UConn is not an automatic $33m.

This may prove to be an issue.
ESPN gives an automatic pro rata share for every P5 addition. Fox has to approve separately. Both ESPN and fox have indicated that they will treat the addition of Connecticut as if it were a P5 addition and give us a full share.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom