Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 219 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Is UHouston even the most popular college team in their own town?! I mean what are we talking about here?!

Mentioned this last week. I was listening to russillo and kanell and they had some guy talking about the highest rated college football games in the Houston market last year. The top 3 were Alabama games and #4 was Oklahoma/Texas.

The guy said that it was crazy how ou/ut wasn't #1 seeing it's the only game on during that time slot on tv. Went on to say only 3 Big xii games made the top 10 highest rated games watched in the Houston market the rest were SEC games. The analyst then said that's why houston is a real target for expansion so Big xii can recapture the dominance they once had in the Houston market that they lost to the SEC

No Houston Cougar games were in the top 10 i believe he said

Reaction Score
Has anyone decided what we will do when this is over???????????????????

south_park_the_complete_twelfth_season_16.png

Reaction Score
Are they even the 2nd or 3rd most popular team in their own town?
Reasonably, A&M and UT battle for 1 & 2. Then, there's LSU, Tech, before potentially OU, and, an occasional game in a once undefeated season, arguably even OK State and Arkansas dueling with Cougar High.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Reasonably, A&M and UT battle for 1 & 2. Then, there's LSU, Tech, before potentially OU, and, an occasional game in a once undefeated season, arguably even OK State and Arkansas dueling with Cougar High.

I would go UT and TAMU and LSU before Houston. Okie St and TTU? Not so sure on those.

Reaction Score
Joey Knight ‏@TBTimes_Bulls · 18m18 minutes ago
BREAKING: #USF officials recently sent a letter to Big 12 commissioner outlining why it would be ideal candidate for league.

The letter, obtained Thursday by @TBTimes_Sports, signed by Judy Genshaft, Mark Harlan and Board of Trustees chair Brian Lamb

Joey Knight
@TBTimes_Bulls

Sports reporter for Tampa Bay Times.

Reaction Score
BREAKING: #USF officials recently sent a letter to Big 12 commissioner outlining why it would be ideal candidate for league.

The letter, obtained Thursday by @TBTimes_Sports, signed by Judy Genshaft, Mark Harlan and Board of Trustees chair Brian Lamb

Joey Knight
@TBTimes_Bulls

I've never seen a more insignificant BREAKING headline.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Joey Knight
@TBTimes_Bulls

Probably points out that they can bundle their legal/NCAA issues with Baylor to get the league a discount.

This all but confirms that USF is not a factor here.

Reaction Score

Joey Knight
@TBTimes_Bulls

Sure glad we hand delivered ours.;)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A school President wouldn't be doing his/her job if they didn't send something to the Big 12 right now, if they haven't heard anything from them first.

All this letter does is seal my thought that USF will NOT be added. This reads more like a desperate plea to set up a meeting than a response to a serious inquiry from the Big 12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Notice the lack of mentioning anything related to athletic success.

I also found it funny how it's called South Florida when it's damn near as north as Central Florida.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm writing up a similar letter for my kids' elementary school this evening. It will have just as much persuasive information in it. That seemed like it was written by someone that knows it will be filed in the garbage, but wants to be able to say, "I tried."
I love reading school's pitches. I often think they say things that are unintended.

Said: We have plans to upgrade our facilities to be competitive with other Big 12 schools.

Means: Our facilities are not competitive with other Big 12 schools.

Reaction Score

Usf has Santa Ono regret. Early bird to the worm.

Joey Knight
@TBTimes_Bulls

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I love reading school's pitches. I often think they say things that are unintended.

Said: We have plans to upgrade our facilities to be competitive with other Big 12 schools.

Means: Our facilities are not competitive with other Big 12 schools.

Yup. Same thing with Memphis. That FedEx money would be used to upgrade Memphis' campus and facilities *if* they get into the Big 12. All of these bottom feeder schools and ADs with crummy facilities are all hoping for free hand-outs from the Big 12.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Renew our rivalries in the Yankee Conference.
I hear UVM sent notice they will bring back football once they are notified by the B12

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm writing up a similar letter for my kids' elementary school this evening. It will have just as much persuasive information in it. That seemed like it was written by someone that knows it will be filed in the garbage, but wants to be able to say, "I tried."
The real question is where they invited to send the letter or was it unsolicited?

Reaction Score
It actually hurts ESPN. Much like UConn, ESPN is paying a pittance for Houston in the AAC and reaping a windfall. At least UConn provides exposure to a portion of the NYC DMA. The LHN is already in Greater Houston.
The UConn women are exploited by ESPN for zero return
Notice the lack of mentioning anything related to athletic success.

I also found it funny how it's called South Florida when it's damn near as north as Central Florida.
Tampa isn't what we would call South Fla
Maybe the thinking is any farther South than that , isn't part of the real Fla
It's more like Southern NY,NJ,Ct

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog