Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 217 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
in what context did he report this? I like Tony (was actually on this show recently and I think he is a genuinely good guy) but I kinda doubt he had inside info given his role at WDRC. If he did post this before it was announced (would like to see proof of that) I guess it is possible he has a connection at the ACC or another affiliated party but I find it hard to believe that info was somehow leaked.
@whaler11 stated he got it from an ACC ref, but he had b4 anyone else.

Reaction Score
How long before it's announced are you talking? Because McMurphy has gotten it almost every time. Just it hasn't been days before the public announcement, which should be expected since nothing is final till the vote happens.
mcmurphy does not count because he is used as a leak due to his employer (basically he is a modern day press release writer in 140 character chunks) giving him info to leak and get page hits. sigh. that said, and to your point, he would be the guy to watch as August unfolds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11 stated he got it from an ACC ref, but he had b4 anyone else.

He tweeted on Saturday they were moving away from UConn and towards Louisville and I'm pretty sure he got it from a ref connected to the ACC who was doing a Sacred Heart game. TT does the PA for SHU basketball... well at least back then he was I haven't been there in a while.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Didn't Syracuse and Pitt to ACC leak before the official announcement? I recall we were playing Iowa State that Friday night when the sh i t hit before the official press conference the next morning?

And Rutgers and Maryland rumblings before it was official as well.

News will break before it's official - it's inevitable especially with the Big 12. We just won't know for sure it's official initially.

Reaction Score
He tweeted on Saturday they were moving away from UConn and towards Louisville and I'm pretty sure he got it from a ref connected to the ACC who was doing a Sacred Heart game. TT does the PA for SHU basketball... well at least back then he was I haven't been there in a while.
Yeah, I believe he tweeted out UCONN=screwed.

Reaction Score
TT does the PA for SHU basketball... well at least back then he was I haven't been there in a while.
How the heck did you enjoy sitting in SHU's gym? "Seats" are some of the worst I've ever experienced.

Reaction Score
Yeah - it would probably get blow out ratings though. Usually they crush some ant called SW Oklahoma Tech and only Texas watches. Now they can blow out someone in the northeast on a game people in two time zones will watch.

You have us, the Texas Longhorns, mixed up with Texas A&M. We're the guys who play Notre Dame and Cal out of conference. They're the ones who play Sam Houston St or Prairie View A&M.

Reaction Score
You have us, the Texas Longhorns, mixed up with Texas A&M. We're the guys who play Notre Dame and Cal out of conference. They're the ones who play Sam Houston St or Prairie View A&M.
Don't you think Tejas can use some good PR via women's bball program? Football will take care of itself. We almost landed the Patriots.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm, this name sounds familiar. Kasich. Kasich... where have I heard that name before?

Reaction Score
I ask this: when has ANYONE (whether it be an actual reporter, analyst, blogger, twitnit, etc) EVER had information BEFORE a school was ANNOUNCED to be leaving/going to another conference? Has it ever occurred?
Never has a conference announced they were open for business.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
28k for Texas at the Rent is just a bold faced lie.

28k for maybe ECU coming off 4 straight losing seasons.

How about Houston and Memphis dream seasons the past year? Their attendance figures were around ours in our lowest point in program history.

If it ends up being BYU and Cincinnati it'll be a bitter pill to swallow, but at least understandable. Having us in the same breath as Houston and Memphis is a joke.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Never has a conference announced they were open for business.
Really?
Big Ten Statement on Expansion
The COP/C believes that the timing is right for the conference to once again conduct a thorough evaluation of options for conference structure and expansion. As a result, the commissioner was asked to provide recommendations for consideration by the COP/C over the next 12 to 18 months.

Reaction Score
Really?
The COP/C believes that the timing is right for the conference to once again conduct a thorough evaluation of options for conference structure and expansion. As a result, the commissioner was asked to provide recommendations for consideration by the COP/C over the next 12 to 18 months.
We are going B1G - 10 not 12

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Really?
Just to be clear everyone - this was the B1G's comment in 2009, not today.

Reaction Score
28k for Texas at the Rent is just a bold faced lie.

28k for maybe ECU coming off 4 straight losing seasons.

How about Houston and Memphis dream seasons the past year? Their attendance figures were around ours in our lowest point in program history.

If it ends up being BYU and Cincinnati it'll be a bitter pill to swallow, but at least understandable. Having us in the same breath as Houston and Memphis is a joke.
It is a joke, but keep it in context. Memphis and Houston were discussed as a pure money grab. They would come very cheap and OU and UT would bounce once the GOR is over. By adding those two schools over UConn, the Big 12 would simply admit its inevitable demise, but would make the most money possible on their way out.

Reaction Score
So we are getting posts passing on stories from 7 years ago and a month ago. Seriously? Good old fashioned BB board hanging is warranted.

Reaction Score
Follow up from Chris Williams. The tweet appearance is not fit for a platinum-level tweets thread.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
So we are getting posts passing on stories from 7 years ago and a month ago. Seriously? Good old fashioned BB board hanging is warranted.
Please read the context of my post/reply.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom