Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 205 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score

Keep pushing that NY presence.

UConn Baseball@UConnBaseball 1 hour ago
Jim Penders was one of 500 Husky alums at 2016 #UConn Night at @CitiField on Tues.
500 UConn Alumni Converge at Citi Field in New York

>>“I think it says a lot, and I’m really encouraged by it,” said UConn Athletic Director David Benedict. “We need to build the passion in our fan base not just locally, but regionally and nationally. I think the fact we’ve had 500 people there tells me that we do have a passionate fan base and that when provided the opportunity, we’ve got fans that are willing to come out and support UConn. This was a great event, and we’re going to continue to mobilize our fan base in New York as much as we possibly can.<<

>>“I always like being around UConn Huskies in any environment,” said Penders. “To be with 500 Huskies in the Big Apple cheering on the Mets was extra special. We have more of our former players competing in the Mets organization than any other club, and so many of our alumni are in the New York metro area. The Wilpon family and their organization have always been great to our program. It was great to share a special night with UConn Nation in our home away from home – New York City.”<<

Reaction Score
FWIW This was posted on TOS Main board:

"Word on the street is that an announcement could come as soon as next week. It looks like the 4 schools will be Cincy, Memphis, Houston, and BYU. Still trying to work out the details with BYU on all sports or football only. This comes from the same person that told me on July 1st that the Big 12 would announce they are expanding during the week of Big 12 media days and two weeks later they would anounce the schools. The marketing/merchandising departments of one school has been contacted by the conference and asked if they could have stuff ready by Monday if needed. I'm just sharing what I heard, so TIFWIW and don't shoot the messagenger."

Reaction Score

"Word on the street is that an announcement could come as soon as next week. It looks like the 4 schools will be Cincy, Memphis, Houston, and BYU. Still trying to work out the details with BYU on all sports or football only. This comes from the same person that told me on July 1st that the Big 12 would announce they are expanding during the week of Big 12 media days and two weeks later they would anounce the schools. The marketing/merchandising departments of one school has been contacted by the conference and asked if they could have stuff ready by Monday if needed. I'm just sharing what I heard, so TIFWIW and don't shoot the messagenger."

That would literally be the absolute worst case scenario for us.

Reaction Score
Not key
It's not key!
It's notttttt keyyyyyyy
soexcitesocared.jpg

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Sorry, but there is no single person who knew on July 1:
  • The ACC Network would be announced just before B12 media days
  • B12 would change their tune based on that announcement
That would require someone having an incredibly good source in the ACC and an incredibly prescient and connected source in the B12.

Reaction Score
Not a key tweet, but I know top members of the ACC (who normally have an easy going summer) expect to be very busy the next 2-4 weeks, and traveling north. Lets hope its not just ESPN network stuff.

Reaction Score
Not a key tweet, but I know top members of the ACC (who normally have an easy going summer) expect to be very busy the next 2-4 weeks, and traveling north. Lets hope its not just ESPN network stuff.
Time to get them really plastered one night while they're up here and make them spill the beans.

Reaction Score
Fishy, could you some how block my IP address so I can't read the forums. I'm begging you. Head bang:eek::rolleyes::(

Just use google translator and have the BY appear in Japanese. The info you gain will probably be the same.

Reaction Score

Aside from the butchery of 'messenger', I don't buy it only for one main reason... he loses credibility if he suggests the Big 12 always planned to expand at the meeting. It's clear they were blindsided by the ACC Network, a fact they acknowledged in their announcement, and the decision to expand was set in motion by that event.

That said, I have felt this would wind up being the four selected (if not UCF for Memphis), so it kind of seems about right. Even if true, UConn will probably be on to bigger and better things when the Big Ten picks off OU and Texas six years from now.

Reaction Score

Not if Larry the Cable Guy has anything to say about it!!!

Larry The Cable Guy@GitRDoneLarry33 mins ago
This would be awesome! UCF would be a great addition. RT @PetertheNg: @GitRDoneLarry wanna throw some love for UCF to the @Big12Conference

Larry The Cable Guy@GitRDoneLarry 8:29pm via Echofon
@Jake_Trotter Jake they'd be a great addition. 2 largest school in the country, also gives ya'll another good warm weather stadium. Plus

Larry The Cable Guy@GitRDoneLarry 8:29pm via Echofon
@Jake_Trotter with former Husker Scott Frost at the helm they'll soon be doing great things

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah, that's a load of horseshitt

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Interesting that just 25 minutes ago Tramel has us in top 4 (sorry, don't know how to include tweet). Deuling preferences? Negotiations?

Reaction Score
Aside from the butchery of 'messenger', I don't buy it only for one main reason... he loses credibility if he suggests the Big 12 always planned to expand at the meeting. It's clear they were blindsided by the ACC Network, a fact they acknowledged in their announcement, and the decision to expand was set in motion by that event.

That said, I have felt this would wind up being the four selected (if not UCF for Memphis), so it kind of seems about right. Even if true, UConn will probably be on to bigger and better things when the Big Ten picks off OU and Texas six years from now.
The issue with that @kyleslamb is if we get passed over now...fan base is gone. Diehard's will still be around..but the drive to fill the Rent every game..and therefor reduce the subsidy to the athletic dept budget..will fail miserably! That will just lead to a giant circle jerk every time CR comes up in the future..if that even happens again.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Either way, I think we are out of the AAC. You can't sell a schedule with Tulane, Rice, U_F and Tulsa. It was real.

Reaction Score
Justin Timberlake‏@jtimberlake
Memphis to the @Big12Conference... let's make this happen!

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 2h2 hours ago
Not sure even JT can save Memphis from its academic rep. UM may need to promise Big 12 the revenue from an Elvis comeback tour.

Reaction Score

His source drives a Range Rover and loves Armor All.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Justin Timberlake‏@jtimberlake
Memphis to the @Big12Conference... let's make this happen!

David Ubben ‏@davidubben · 2h2 hours ago
Not sure even JT can save Memphis from its academic rep. UM may need to promise Big 12 the revenue from an Elvis comeback tour.

Wheres @bobsdiscountfurniture at? Need the plug more than ever!

Reaction Score

This is not a key tweet. Take it back!

Reaction Score
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 3h3 hours ago
Thanks to @mellinger of the @KCStar for expanding on an interesting take on #Big12Expansion & #UConn - full interview later tonight

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 3h3 hours ago
@srfreeman25 touched on Memphis briefly, stay tuned

Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky · 24m24 minutes ago
Talked prominent TV exec & Big 12 administrators thoughts on potential #UConn addition in next Big 12 expansion series launching shortly

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
So Matt planted the story about Memphis to drive us to a podcast? I'll go with that, yes I will.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom