Kendall Reyes at the Senior Bowl | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kendall Reyes at the Senior Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If Kendall has a solid combine, the man will be straight up paid come April. He isn't even in Mel Kiper's top 5 for DTs though, which is worrisome if you believe all the talk that he might have climbed into the first round. Of course Kiper's list hasn't been updated since January 18, which was prior to any of the Senior Bowl activities.

Reaction Score
If Kendall has a solid combine, the man will be straight up paid come April. He isn't even in Mel Kiper's top 5 for DTs though, which is worrisome if you believe all the talk that he might have climbed into the first round. Of course Kiper's list hasn't been updated since January 18, which was prior to any of the Senior Bowl activities.

The draft boards can change a ton b/w now and late April bro...If he shines next month at the combine like we all believe he will... K.R. could go in round 1 without question... I know my Cowboys are paying attention...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The draft boards can change a ton b/w now and late April bro...If he shines next month at the combine like we all believe he will... K.R. could go in round 1 without question... I know my Cowboys are paying attention...

Oh absolutely there's time for the board to change, but Kendall has been a borderline 1st rounder most of the year and he still isn't listed. I just find it odd as I don't believe 6 DTs will go in the first round. Of course Kiper's opinion doesn't matter as much as the opinions of 32 general managers so as long as one of those 32 see more value in Kendall than Mel Kiper, Kendall will be just fine.

Reaction Score
Edsall was a brilliant evaluator of high school talent. One of the best in the country. Anyone who followed the Huskies under Edsall knew that.

He was awful when he had to go head to head (P looks no better) but he had elite ability to project high school kids a few years down the road.

This is so obviously correct, as to both the positive and negative, that it is truly amazing that it continues to need to be said.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Kendall will do fine come draft day. He could go in round one but I don't see him slipping past round two

Reaction Score
Oh absolutely there's time for the board to change, but Kendall has been a borderline 1st rounder most of the year and he still isn't listed. I just find it odd as I don't believe 6 DTs will go in the first round. Of course Kiper's opinion doesn't matter as much as the opinions of 32 general managers so as long as one of those 32 see more value in Kendall than Mel Kiper, Kendall will be just fine.

Reaction Score
Long time between now and the draft. He did well in the first test. The Meat market in Indy (aka draft combines) will be his next test. Right now, I could see him going anywhere from number 25 to number 60. Hope he contniuesto impress.

Reaction Score
Per Todd McShay on ESPN.com

"- Connecticut DT Kendall Reyes and Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu quietly dominated play along the interior. Reyes showed an impressive combination of initial quickness, power and awareness as both a run-stuffer and a pass-rusher. Ta'amu flashed two-gap power and the ability to disengage and disrupt in the backfield, and his effort and consistency were solid throughout the game."

Reaction Score
Kendall has done everything right so far.
He was productive on the field.
He stood out at his all star game.
Now, he needs to post superior numbers at the combine.
At the very least, he needs to be in the middle of the pack for both the 40 and bench.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think the success of previous Huskies in the NFL will keep him down to a late 2nd-mid 3rd round pick, even with a strong performance at the meat market.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Didn't Todman have a pretty good combine as well? There were projections of him going as high as the second or third round until draft day(s) hit. I hope the same does not happen to Reyes.

I have no idea why Donald Brown's (or Will Beatty or Darius Butler or Cody Brown or anyone else's) performance in the NFL would have any bearing on when Kendall Reyes gets drafted though.

Reaction Score
I think the success of previous Huskies in the NFL will keep him down to a late 2nd-mid 3rd round pick, even with a strong performance at the meat market.

Pretty sad if an NFL organization grades a particular prospect based on past NFL draftees from the school he went to. That's like saying the NFL should have graded Cam Newton lower because Jason Campbell hasn't turned into a very good NFL quarterback. Every NFL prospect is graded on their college performance, their athletic abilities and measurements. I doubt a player would be selected lower because some other draftees from UConn haven't been overly successful in the NFL.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Pretty sad if an NFL organization grades a particular prospect based on past NFL draftees from the school he went to. That's like saying the NFL should have graded Cam Newton lower because Jason Campbell hasn't turned into a very good NFL quarterback. Every NFL prospect is graded on their college performance, their athletic abilities and measurements. I doubt a player would be selected lower because some other draftees from UConn haven't been overly successful in the NFL.
So you don't think that NBA scouts look at a kid who comes out of UConn and give him an edge above a similarly rated kid from Minnesota, Providence or Ole Miss based on the pedigree of the program and relative success of previous UConn players?

Reaction Score
If he has proven himself at the collegiate level, done very well in workouts and has impressed executives of teams, NO.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It's like anything else, if they're looking for a reason not to draft the guy they'd say "Well not many players have panned out from UConn." The fact that Cody Brown didn't pan out didn't stop Arizona from drafting Anthony Sherman.

I think the reason Todman fell starts and ends with his height. He had everything else going for him.

Reaction Score
The success or failure of other UConn players has no bearing on Reyes (or any other UConn players) draft status. The Giants drafted bust after bust after bust from the Big Ten through the 70s and 80s. I didn't affect their drafting one bit.

Players are evaluated on an individual basis. Any NFL team that does otherwise is committing suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom