Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good numbers for Kendall.

6' 3 7/8", 300lbs.

Full North Roster.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/northroster.asp

One of these years I'm going to make it Mobile for the open practices earlier in the week. Unfortunately this isn't the year.

Looks like great weather on Saturday. Sunny and mid-60's.

Reaction Score
Did you see Cam Johnson's wingspan?! 90 1/8"?!?! Is that serious?! It has to be a typo. His wingspan is anywhere from about 7"-10" wider than guys his size and even guys bigger than him. That's just nuts!

BTW, I saw the size stats on an board.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Reyes is doing good at practice at the senior bowl. Getting a fair amount of tweets.

Reaction Score
Let's keep this thread going

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34554260

Based on Tuesday's North practice, Connecticut's Kendall Reyes and Michigan's Mike Martin are taking full advantage of the opportunity.

Physically speaking, the two couldn't be much different. Reyes, who measured in just a shade under 6-4 and 300 pounds lined up at the three-technnique and even was split out as a five-technique defensive end. His burst off the snap and quick hands made him a tough draw for even the most athletic and experienced of the North offensive linemen. Wisconsin's Kevin Zeitler, arguably the nation's top pure guard among seniors, struggled handling Reyes one on one during drills and during the scrimmages throughout practice, as well.

http://wap.nfl.com/news/09000d5d826...men-on-display-at-early-senior-bowl-workouts/

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN Kendall Reyes, Connecticut, 6-3 7/8, 300- Reyes has been more than a pleasant surprise. He can play the left end position in a 4-3 or even the '3 technique' defensive tackle. He is tough; as one NFL defensive line coach said, Reyes is "a man on the field and has the skills to play in the NFL."

http://draftbreakdown.com/senior-bowl-diary-day-2

I’ll admit that I didn’t keep an eye on the trenches too much, but a guy who stood out is Kendall Reyes. At the weigh-in he showed that he’s large but doesn’t carry any extra weight. He stuffed the run well and showed that he can move too, pursuing a ball-carrier 20 yards down the field at one point.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/01...-north-team-practice-january-24-2012-part-ii/

11 on 11′s:
- Great penetration by Kendall Reyes from the DT position. Split two offensive linemen and blew up the play. Kirk Cousins was immediately flushed from the pocket.

Reaction Score
http://www.zimbio.com/NFL/articles/ohYzgAlbo_A/Chargers+Eyeing+Defensive+Prospects+Senior

Kendall Reyes, DT, UConn
Notes from Senior Bowl practice:
Connecticut DT Kendall Reyes was complimented by the coaches for his discipline. Reyes is a good athlete with a decent base and moved well horizontally to make plays in 11-on-11’s. This kid is going to be picked earlier than you think.draftcountdown.com
Here is his Pro Football Weekly evaluation:
Big-framed and long-armed, Reyes is quick to engage off the snap, but oftentimes is a tick late to get off blocks. Lateral agility, range and closing burst are not elite, as he doesn’t change direction or accelerate with suddenness. Needs to play with more consistent leverage and diversify his pass rush. Not yet a finisher, but has the size, length, versatility and smarts to appeal in multiple schemes. – Pro Football Weekly

Reaction Score
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ce-Notes/1408121d-fb5e-461d-969a-be1ab116706e

Moving Up
Kendall Reyes/DT/UConn: Reyes was dominant from start to finish Tuesday morning. He possesses impressive quickness and explosion, displaying the ability to beat offensive linemen off the snap on every down. He also showed an array of techniques and moves to get off blocks and left blockers flailing at air. On one play, Reyes displayed surprising strength as he bullrushed the bigger and supposedly stronger Kevin Zeitler from Wisconsin off the line. Reyes definitely impressed and looked like a top 60 pick for April’s draft.

Reaction Score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...practice/c5da892b-20bc-4737-86f7-ff7a73e2801f

MOBILE—Two defensive linemen on the North squad caught the eye of scouts in Senior Bowl practices at Ladd-Peebles Stadium on Tuesday.

UConn’s Kendall Reyes and Michigan’s Mike Martin were the stars of the morning session. Reyes, 6-4, 295, flashed pass-rush potential that included a spin move that left Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler grasping at air. Martin, 6-2, 304, used strength and tenacity to overpower blockers.

Reyes is regarded as a first-round prospect for the 2012 NFL draft. He’s a 4-3 defensive tackle who says he can play end in a 3-4.

Reaction Score
I really want Reyes to get drafted by my Raiders. They need to get younger on the DL, and he would be a great fit. Under the radar type, I think he is really going to make a name for himself in the NFL. He has been on the rise and constantly getting better every since his freshman year.

Reaction Score
bigeastconf,
Also want to say "Thanks" for pulling all of that together.

Reaction Score
Yeah, thanks for those updates. Enjoyed reading those. I would love him on the Pats as one of those versatile types that could play inside and on the edge. The one player the Pats have not been able to replace is Richard Seymour. He was so damn consistent at collapsing the pocket no matter where he lined up.

Reaction Score
anytime fellas, there's a lot of content i didn't post, I'll keep searching.

Reaction Score
Great news for our program. We'll probably have Teggart in the NFL, too.

Reaction Score
UCONN will have another very respectible NFL draft with Reyes, Tegart, Petrus and Ryan. Demonstrates continued progress with this program.

Reaction Score
I don't think ryan gets drafted, don't foget kashif has also been invited to the combine

Reaction Score
UCONN will have another very respectible NFL draft with Reyes, Tegart, Petrus and Ryan. Demonstrates continued progress with this program.

I agree. Does look good for the young UConn football program. I think Reyes is really going to open some eyes and be an impact player at the next level. Everything I have read from this week, shows a lot of buzz from his workouts and many are very excited about his abilities and high motor.

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting this all together. I am really hoping for the best of Reyes. He is definitely one of my all-time favorite Huskies. Totally unselfish player who came back for a senior year after he didn't have to, and always put the team first. Hope things work out great for him.

Reaction Score
Ryan's ability to play multiple positions on the OL will help him. He had a good all star game and now needs a good combine. That can move him up. I think he is a good development offensive lineman.

If you remember Zach Hurd last year, he went the opposite way because he was a no show in his all state game and had mediocre combine.

Draft positions are in flux. Reyes looks like he is killing it.

Reaction Score
If he keeps the momentum and has a great combine I think he can solidify himself as a first round pick.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. After reading all those i'm seriously thinking that Penn St or Iowa may enter the picture late and draft him now.
lol classic... no, excellent.... lol

Reaction Score
More like my beloved Cowboys! We need to get a better push up front on D in the worst way. along with DB help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom