Kamilla Cardoso | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kamilla Cardoso

Reaction Score
I am going to keep repeating myself just like @Charliebball UConn could not win two consecutive National Championships with 3 1/2 All Americans. The lack of a skilled very tall woman in the center of play offensively and defensively around that basket is essential for the UConn Team to win that National Championship. UConn should really have 4 "Bigs", one for each class so that they are prepared for each new season and for the reasons identified before: foul trouble, rest, defense, and double scoring threats when appropriate. I still do not understand why the recruits who fit this description do not attend UConn. Apparently, Baylor, SC, Texas, and Mississippi State attract them readily. When these teams do not win, it is because Geno has the best Guards and wings in the country and they don't. But when they get that combination the door is open for their victory.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, Cardoso is definitely not Natalie Butler. Cardoso is better offensively, defensively, in the paint, better athleticism.. pretty much wherever... Cardoso actually runs the floor well for a post player too. Reminds me of Alaina Coates but not as agile.

Cardoso is clearly more athletic but doesn't seem to have much of an offensive game from what I have seen from her highlights...................the vast majority of her baskets appear to be layups with an occasional eight foot bank shot.................with her height you would think some simple back to the basket moves would be effective.................................who ever coaches her in college (if she doesn't just go pro) will have lot's to work on

Reaction Score
I wonder if fans of these teams that have "all of these bigs" go on their respective forums and say, "we need small guards". :D

absolutely..........................if they need them................................. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Too tall to be a Uconn recruit ;)
I just spit out my drink

Reaction Score
If you think McCowan is better than Napheesa, you're nuts.
They both bring very different things to their teams. Of course, Napheesa's stats are going to be better -- she averages 12 more minutes per game. McCowan is 6'7", and that is something you can't teach, but she is still a little raw.

Both have had really good rookie campaigns, and if you take away the minutes discrepancy at look at per 40 stats, McCowan leads in the three major categories for a big -- points, rebounds, and blocks.

Yes -- at this point Phee is better, ,but someone who sees otherwise definitely isn't "nuts".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just who is assuming that Liv will do it all underneath? Meg & Evelyn are pretty decent inside players, and UConn has a bunch of big guards and wings to pitch in. More to the point, for the coming season, I need to once again quote Coach Norman Dale. "I would hope you would support who we are, not who we are not."
Yea, but if we had Jimmy Chitwood........:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom