Kamilla Cardoso | The Boneyard

Kamilla Cardoso

Reaction Score
Is Geno and company looking at her for possible recruitment ?? Are there any new recruits on the horizon ?? Very curious here...

Reaction Score
Start with page 152 and work backwards it’s wuicjer that way

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Start with page 152 and work backwards it’s wuicjer that way
There’s this little thing in the upper right of your screen shown as a picture of a magnifying glass-select it and type the name “cardosa” and Voila, you can see all you want about her and what threads she’s in.

Reaction Score
Kamilla has kept her recruitment pretty hush-hush. I posted this in the earlier thread you created about Cardoso:
--
"A few things on Cardoso:
1. A few programs recruiting her: UConn, Oregon, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Louisville, Tennessee, and others.

- Not sure if there is any updated with what programs are recruiting her. I would probably add UK and maybe even LSU to her list, but she hasn't released anything official.
2. She already took an official to Mississippi State, and is very good friends with their 2019 commit Esmery Martinez.
-
Since then, Martinez decommitted from Mississippi State for an undisclosed reason, depending on what went down, it could have an effect.
3. She went to Hamilton Heights, which means she is also buddies with Massengill and Balogun, so they will make a push for their schools as well.
4. I think she visited Louisville prior to Balogun's arrival.
5. No one really knew UConn was recruiting her until Geno was in Chattanooga to see her earlier this year.
6. She is not very active on social media from a basketball standpoint, and not much news seems to cover her, so we may never really hear much until a commitment is made."

IMG_1912.jpg

Reaction Score
Also FWIW, did a search for her on a Mississippi State board, and a poster claims its between them and Tennessee with the small edge to MSU.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I studied that board carefully. Did I miss the UCONN pictures or mail?

Reaction Score
Also FWIW, did a search for her on a Mississippi State board, and a poster claims its between them and Tennessee with the small edge to MSU.

Her recruitment is wide open... she’s considering UConn, SC, Tennessee, Louisville, Florida St, UCLA, Kentucky, NC State and more... I wouldn’t read into another board saying she’s leaning this place or that place but I do think she may be down to 5 but hasn’t released anything yet. considering the fact that UConn hasn’t been at her recent games in Atlanta I’m not sure if their is still a connection but I definitely don’t think it’s just down to MSU and TN.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
her talent as a basketball player is as mysterious as her recruitment....... :rolleyes:

There be thems abroad in the land what thinks height is a talent.

O course we be doomed to have only 6'2" and shorter players, bein' Geno's team.

Reaction Score
6’7” and leads UAA in assists per game. More than just size there.

she's certainly highly rated but I have yet to see/read about enough consistent great play to convince me she's the only choice for UConn....................that said, if she commits I'll be rooting loudly for her to put it all together..............

Reaction Score
she's certainly highly rated but I have yet to see/read about enough consistent great play to convince me she's the only choice for UConn.....that said, if she commits I'll be rooting loudly for her to put it all together....
I think back to Jessica Moore (alaska) she was a huge project but in the end worth the work. 6 ft 7 as you often say: cant be taught.

Reaction Score
she's certainly highly rated but I have yet to see/read about enough consistent great play to convince me she's the only choice for UConn.....that said, if she commits I'll be rooting loudly for her to put it all together....
That’s what development is for. She won't be expected to come right in and be a big impact player like Christyn and Paige, but after a year or two under Geno and CD, she can become a force. With the way Geno and CD can develop bigs, I wish they would maybe take a big with really good upside that is more of a project. Think of Teaira McCowan -- she came in a major project, but with development, she surpassed players who came in much more polished and consistent than she did (Kalani Brown, KLS, Collier) in the draft due to her really high upside.

Reaction Score
That’s what development is for. She won't be expected to come right in and be a big impact player like Christyn and Paige, but after a year or two under Geno and CD, she can become a force. With the way Geno and CD can develop bigs, I wish they would maybe take a big with really good upside that is more of a project. Think of Teaira McCowan -- she came in a major project, but with development, she surpassed players who came in much more polished and consistent than she did (Kalani Brown, KLS, Collier) in the draft due to her really high upside.

I think Cardoso is going to be a pretty big project........................other then run the court well for a player of her size, I can't think of another area where she doesn't need improvement............................from what I have seen she is nowhere near as offensively skilled as ONO but that's OK as long as she provides a strong presence defensively and on the boards

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Call me dense, but I where is "there"? I can't get there from here.
Upper right hand side when you’re looking at the list of threads. If you still can’t find it, let me know

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom