Juwan Durham update?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am really hoping Juwan comes back strong. Sounds like such a great kid and has great potential to be a difference maker at UConn. How about we wait to see before deciding what he should do with a year of his life?

ehhh, I think you mean "How bout we wait to see before deciding what he should do with a year of his college basketball eligibility"

he isn't going to be locked in a cage if he redshirts...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
ehhh, I think you mean "How bout we wait to see before deciding what he should do with a year of his college basketball eligibility"

he isn't going to be locked in a cage if he redshirts...

Yes, that is a more precise wording.

Reaction Score
We need to ship him to P3 to work on body mechanics. 2 knee surgeries are worrisome. Talent undeniable.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This kid could be one of the best finesse power forwards at UConn. Let's hope we get to see what he can be. The potential is something to ponder....if his knees hold up (let's all have a moment of prayer in the healing of the knee(s) of Juwan Durham, UConn basketball player (almost)).

Reaction Score
This kid could be one of the best finesse power forwards at UConn. Let's hope we get to see what he can be. The potential is something to ponder....if his knees hold up (let's all have a moment of prayer in the healing of the knee(s) of Juwan Durham, UConn basketball player (almost)).

With all the talk of KO saying he wants him playing next year, I hope we don't rush him back. If it takes a RS year then let's let him get healthy. He has so many tools and when healthy will be a tremendous player

Reaction Score
This kid could be anyone from Donyell Marshall to Michael Bradley, we just have no idea.

To be honest, whether he redshirts or not, I wouldn't expect too much from him this year. As someone said above, the combination of rust and adjustment to the college game is going to be a lot to overcome.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This kid could be anyone from Donyell Marshall to Michael Bradley, we just have no idea.

To be honest, whether he redshirts or not, I wouldn't expect too much from him this year. As someone said above, the combination of rust and adjustment to the college game is going to be a lot to overcome.

ESPN only ranks 7 incoming freshman PFs as highly as Durham, even with the injury. I think we're looking at a ceiling that's a little higher than Michael Bradley.

Reaction Score
ESPN only ranks 7 incoming freshman PFs as highly as Durham, even with the injury. I think we're looking at a ceiling that's a little higher than Michael Bradley.

Ah Stairmaster, this old man has been waiting for the young whippersnapper to make a mistake. I've been tracking you old school style stalking.

You said ceiling for Bradley. But Bradley is considered the low point in this example so this would be floor.

I've been waiting for this for 3 years! Old men are patient. Waiting to strike.

Don't leave your girl around me true playa!

Reaction Score

Bradley? Is this because of the rust or the knee I hope because that kid in those films, at least being healthy, has zero shot of being Bradley.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Juwan has so much potential. I wish he had the least year and a half to grow as a player and get stronger, but he is already so skilled. Could be a big time comeback story when he is healthy. Where was he ranked before he got hurt? I heard he was almost consensus top 20 and a 5*.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Ah Stairmaster, this old man has been waiting for the young whippersnapper to make a mistake. I've been tracking you old school style stalking.

You said ceiling for Bradley. But Bradley is considered the low point in this example so this would be floor.

I've been waiting for this for 3 years! Old men are patient. Waiting to strike.

Don't leave your girl around me true playa!

I had hoped you would realize that it's unfair to hold a whippersnapper to a 100% standard of accuracy after midnight on a Friday night...:cool:

Reaction Score
Juwan Durham’s rehab going well, but could still red shirt at UConn

Informative new article on Juwan. Talks about him not rushing back and the possibility of red-shirting.
This is more reason why I think KO has a backup plan if AB leaves. We would only have one guy who can play the center position on the roster. I mean KF can play there as needed but isn't a long term solution next year there. It will be interesting next month or so to see what happens with our Center position.

Reaction Score
This is more reason why I think KO has a backup plan if AB leaves. We would only have one guy who can play the center position on the roster. I mean KF can play there as needed but isn't a long term solution next year there. It will be interesting next month or so to see what happens with our Center position.

KF at center for more the 40% of a game = a loss unless we are playing western Tennessee culinary Institute

Reaction Score
Correlation ≠ causation, and the sample size is pretty small, but wasn't our best non-conference win (Texas) with Facey at center?

Someone in stats 110v

Facey was a monster in that Texas game with 7 points... moster..

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Someone in stats 110v

Facey was a monster in that Texas game with 7 points... moster..

You're moving the goalposts, never said he was the reason for the win but it kinda blows a hole in the argument that putting Facey at center automatically causes the team to lose.

Reaction Score
Next to Dham, Facey was the best rebounder on the team last year.[/QUOTE
that is a bad thing. Look at what he averaged a game. I think 3 points or 2.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're moving the goalposts, never said he was the reason for the win but it kinda blows a hole in the argument that putting Facey at center automatically causes the team to lose.

I was being dramatic..this is the boneyard.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom